• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

May 7th - Shot Down in Flames 2011 - *Moved to Channahon*

Women's divisions

My first thought is that they will probably want to play in a group or groups together. Whether they want to move up into the higher division to compete with each other, or stay in their own division but still play as a group is really up to them.

If they all move up, payouts become better. A one person division is always a losing prospect for the player, because there are costs like the PDGA fees that get taken out.

So, I think this is going to be done by a group consensus.

So do they switch divisions at the tourney then? Or does that not work out with the differing entry fees?

Also, I think she plays int women because that's what usually has the most people; not because of her rating.

all am divisions should have the same entry fee, so that shouldn't be an issue.

$2 says she wins her division. her crazy dead accurate forehands are gonna come through at shorewood.

Yeah, but Ashleigh is just as deadly with the backhand. It'll be a good matchup if they play together.

Would Lindsay consider playing Advanced? The girl signed up for adv is rated just over 800 so she can't play down to intermediate, but it could be a good competition with Ashleigh, Lindsey and her.

Yes, it would be great competition. I know colleen, and she is a great player. That why I was asking, because she has to play adv. So I was gonna see what would happen with that, if everyone would move up in division.

Ashleigh's happy to play advanced, her rating's out of date and she's closer to that level than the year old rounds show. She wants to play with Lindsay though.

We both want to play, I think it should work, just have a couple things to work out before we register. I'll be playing intermediate.

I'm still on the fence about which division I want to play, I'm leaning towards novice tbh, I want one more run at a 1st before the update. Ehh, maybe I'll just win at valpo saturday and it won't be an issue :p

Women's group(s)

Actually, I'm hoping to get two cards filled in the women's divisions this time. It would be great to keep pushing the envelope with larger and larger entries into the women's divisions.

But we'll move it around however we have to to make it fun and competitive for everyone.

I will be more than willing to play advanced. I'm more comfortable playing intermediate, but I don't want to play in a division alone, and I'd like to be in the same division as Ashleigh, who I personally think is better than me, but I could use the challenge! Jacob, thank you for the props on my midrange forehand, but remember, I have NO backhand! I'm looking forward to shorewood though, as it should fit my style well. I'll actually have a chance at getting my first ace.

Surge and I were out there today working on throwing lefty, I now have lefty drives planned for 5, 8, and 16.

Ya that was some fun **** man. I'm definitely planning on throwing at least 8 lefty. Doubt anything else. Either way, im super stoked for this tourney!! Patrick, are you planning on doing two temp holes for this too then?