• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeast training ... lights out!

If I'm not mistaken, Wysocki had a career in baseball (I believe that it may have been a minor league contract), but he chose disc golf instead. I'm about 90% sure on this so I could be wrong, but I think that's where he gets his amazing sidearm from.

He started touring at 18...somehow I doubt he'd do that if he had a minor league contract.

He started touring at 18...somehow I doubt he'd do that if he had a minor league contract.

That was the part I wasn't sure about. I know he was a really good baseball player though, just didn't know if I remembered that part correctly or not.

7 pages and no one has mentioned the brand placement. At least, Paul is trying to get a major brand involved with disc golf.

I don't know his specific situation, but its entirely possible. There are 1000+ selections in the MLB draft every year, and a decent percentage of them are graduating high school seniors. Plenty of players are offered minor league contracts and don't sign them.

I don't know his specific situation, but its entirely possible. There are 1000+ selections in the MLB draft every year, and a decent percentage of them are graduating high school seniors. Plenty of players are offered minor league contracts and don't sign them.

Generally speaking, players that get drafted out of high school that choose to not sign do so because they're moving on to play in college. But there's an easy way to find out if he was drafted: search a draft database. And in doing so, I found three Wysockis who have been drafted by MLB. The most recent of which is a Richard Wysocki...in 1979.

I played baseball till I was 21 I've never actually played basketball just goof around.

Also someone said place the putters in different spots I can't because the camera won't cover that much room indoors. The putts were about 27-30 foot as well.

Thanks for sharing the vid and some comments here. A couple follow up questions for ya ...

What are ya thinking about while putting like this?

Is this a typical part of your putting practice?

What does your weekly offseason practice regiment consist of?

Pretty athletic. Tells me that a high level of athleticism is probably a factor in being good (really good) at disc golf.

Feldberg played soccer
McCabe was a gymnast
McBeth can play ball

Wonder what other top DG'ers have abilities in other sports?

JohnE played pro level competitive soccer until his knees started giving him problems. I believe that disc golf became his source of competition afterwards...beating Climo on his own turf for years must have been fun!

Generally speaking, players that get drafted out of high school that choose to not sign do so because they're moving on to play in college. But there's an easy way to find out if he was drafted: search a draft database. And in doing so, I found three Wysockis who have been drafted by MLB. The most recent of which is a Richard Wysocki...in 1979.

He's just so good, they already knew.

wysocki - baseball.
paige - rock climbing
philo - soccer
koling - baseball.
reading - football
korver - tri-athalon.
roan - soccer

wysocki - baseball.
paige - rock climbing
philo - soccer
koling - baseball.
reading - football
korver - tri-athalon.
roan - soccer

Paul Ulibarri - skateboarding
Pete Ulibarri - BMX
Cat Allen - Volleyball

Smart to shoot the basketball halfway through in the off chance he misses. Makes resetting a lot easier!

Latest posts