• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

...and down...

McBeth is probably just as sad as buyers that there aren't more of these for people to buy. I'm glad he's making a chunk on these.

...and down...

McBeth is probably just as sad as buyers that there aren't more of these for people to buy. I'm glad he's making a chunk on these.

Doubtful. Innova is smart. They known that limiting supply will make them that much more exclusive and people will go bonkers buying them up whenever they are available. If they were constantly in stock they'd probably sell fewer.

Did blacks go up again and immediately sell out? I actually saw 100+ in stock of each of the 4 other colors (which I got one of each in the initial sale), but no black.

Then the disc sits on a wall or in a box, and no one ever sees it. That beauty needs to be shared.

My thoughts exactly! I'll have way more chances to show it off if it's in my bag :) :thmbup:

I honestly probably won't even throw it that much. It's one of those crazy OS bottom stamp ones. I have my SnooDestroyer or Enforcer for that shot :)

Dammit man, I had 2 black in the basket and there were 104 in stock. 40 seconds later, error due to no inventory. I think someone bought about 50 blacks at once. Others are all still there.

Yea, finally got to get some of the 1055 stamp this morning at 3 am when I was actually at home, not in my favorite orange color though.

I've been waiting for a 1053 stamp issue for months that hasn't come yet, if Innova were smart they would bring them out as an extra special reissue that flies better than the 1055 backstamp.

Any other McPro regulars try the XT Aviar P&A? I'm finding the plastic remarkably similar, it's like 5-10% less rigid, but grips my hand the chains much better. It has shown less signs of wear compared to my other McPros as the hard brittle KC plastic tends to chip off sometimes from the metal parts on the basket. I thinking of swapping all my McPros for XT.

Any other McPro regulars try the XT Aviar P&A? I'm finding the plastic remarkably similar, it's like 5-10% less rigid, but grips my hand the chains much better. It has shown less signs of wear compared to my other McPros as the hard brittle KC plastic tends to chip off sometimes from the metal parts on the basket. I thinking of swapping all my McPros for XT.

I had the exact same thoughts about my XT BB Aviar and my KC's. I noticed that all it took was a hard putt that hit the edge of the basket or a tree and the disc would slightly warp. It would eventually go back to shape, but it bothered me that the disc would not be perfectly flat on my next putt or two.

Call it OCD if you want but the touch more glide and shape retention that the KC plastic has made me stick with it. Even DX doesn't warp on such a small amount of force. That being said, the chain grabbing nature of XT is real, and it definitely has a great grip to it. And as far as durability XT doesn't get the big chucks taken out quite as easily as Pro.

I've been waiting for a 1053 stamp issue for months that hasn't come yet, if Innova were smart they would bring them out as an extra special reissue that flies better than the 1055 backstamp.

I just bit the bullet and bought some of these new bottom-stamp 1055s. I was planning to use them for practice/rounds, but am I to understand these don't fly as well? :confused: I certainly wasn't planning to collect them or keep for commemorative purposes... All my plastic sees air time!

As someone else mentioned, the XT is pretty prone to warping. Big no no for a putter to me.

I just bit the bullet and bought some of these new bottom-stamp 1055s. I was planning to use them for practice/rounds, but am I to understand these don't fly as well?

No, armiller, that was me being weird. This past year has seen a few versions of Mcpro Aviars come out with every McBeth milestone. His rating was sitting at 1053 for the last couple of months and I was wondering why there was never a 1053 stamp during that time. Just imagine the marketing angle if the factory store brought out some "unreleased" 1053 Mcpros now, since the 1055 ones are taking days instead of hours to sell now...

I am too lazy to search, is there a consensus on the stability of the McPro aviar against a regular DX Putt and Approach Aviar?

I am too lazy to search, is there a consensus on the stability of the McPro aviar against a regular DX Putt and Approach Aviar?

My experience throwing them is that the McPro Aviar is more overstable than the regular P&A Aviars... however, once the McPro seasons in, it's the same as the others...