• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

I have been using mcpro's for a while now and someone gave me a free dx classic pna, so I decided to compare them in the bag for a while. The classic stamp pna is much stiffer and more stable than the last stndard dx stamp I had. In warm weather you could swear it was actually a mcpro.

They start out nearly identical in flight. The mcpro takes a lot longer to wear in, and except for the early runs, they maintain far more low speed stability than the DX. I started out with the DX as my more stable wind/approach putter but after a couple months throwing upshots, it has worn to a point that it has a bit more glide and no LSS compared to the ~year old mcpro I have been using as a primary putter. Now the DX is used for understable shots and near the water.

I am too lazy to search, is there a consensus on the stability of the McPro aviar against a regular DX Putt and Approach Aviar?

It's the same mold in a stiffer and more durable plastic. So it will generally be slightly more stable and wear slower.

No, armiller, that was me being weird. This past year has seen a few versions of Mcpro Aviars come out with every McBeth milestone. His rating was sitting at 1053 for the last couple of months and I was wondering why there was never a 1053 stamp during that time. Just imagine the marketing angle if the factory store brought out some "unreleased" 1053 Mcpros now, since the 1055 ones are taking days instead of hours to sell now...

Haha thanks for the clarification. For some reason I had thought there was a 1053 disc around the time of the Grand Slam aviar... but I must have been mistaken.

Has anyone else noticed P-mac going back to "old" McPro Aviars in the GBO, Konopiste Open, and Masters Cup? I remember him using the new bottom stamps at La Mirada for DGWT, then at Nick Hyde, but it seems like he went back to the previous stamp. Maybe he didn't like the swirly plastic?

Personally, I've had no problem with the new "bottom stamp" runs, although it does seem like mine took a few full rounds to break in.

The first runs were much stiffer than anything since, and I often wonder if they softened it to avoid issues like the g9i plastic had with the PDGA. He seems to have the newest stamp ones most of the time, and I know he retires the putters from each or every few events. It would make sense for him to have large reserves of his preferred batch/es on hand. He could be using first runs with the newest stamps at times for all we know.

I have taken preference to the 2014/early 2015 runs. They hold stability longer than the first runs and have a great feel once they wear in for a bit. But in addition to the softer plastic, sometime last year the mold changed from being the same as a classic aviar (bottom has two ring center and doesn't say MADE IN USA) to what seems the same as the current DX aviar (single ring bottom and says MADE IN USA where old one had the website). The new discs feel even more flexible in the flight plate and just don't feel as good to me. I have one in the practice basket hoping it will feel better with some wear.

I remember trying the first runs and they were just hard as a rock to me and way too slick for my dry hands to get a good grip. I've actually never used one since then. I guess I should try one of the newer runs at some point, although I love my Yetis so I seriously doubt the PnA mold would kick those out as my primary putter. Might be good for a straighter driving putter. Yeti pro plastic is so much tackier, which really helps with grip for people like me with dry hands.

The first runs were much stiffer than anything since, and I often wonder if they softened it to avoid issues like the g9i plastic had with the PDGA. He seems to have the newest stamp ones most of the time, and I know he retires the putters from each or every few events. It would make sense for him to have large reserves of his preferred batch/es on hand. He could be using first runs with the newest stamps at times for all we know.

I have taken preference to the 2014/early 2015 runs. They hold stability longer than the first runs and have a great feel once they wear in for a bit. But in addition to the softer plastic, sometime last year the mold changed from being the same as a classic aviar (bottom has two ring center and doesn't say MADE IN USA) to what seems the same as the current DX aviar (single ring bottom and says MADE IN USA where old one had the website). The new discs feel even more flexible in the flight plate and just don't feel as good to me. I have one in the practice basket hoping it will feel better with some wear.

I think the "early 2015" run is the one I've spotted him using (per YouTube footage) in recent tournaments, after he used some of the "late 2015/early 2016" bottom-stamps at La Mirada and Nick Hyde. I identified them based on the stamp, but it seems to me to be the "pre-swirly plastic" runs, unless I'm mistaken.

I have two of the 2015s and 4 of the bottom-stamps. The main difference I noticed was the appearance of the plastic and the occasional annoyance of feeling the bottom stamp with my fan grip. I did putt particularly poorly the first couple rounds with the new ones, but I figured the discs just needed some breaking in.

Restock just hit! 200 of each color: Black, blue, purple, green, and white. So 1000 discs total.

Cool beans. Thanks for the heads-up.

My McAviar from the weekend run came in. Black with a 'Murica stamp. Awesome.

Attachments

• McAviar_HLTern_IMG_2807.jpg
    McAviar_HLTern_IMG_2807.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 71
Cool beans. Thanks for the heads-up.

My McAviar from the weekend run came in. Black with a 'Murica stamp. Awesome.
My green one has that stamp. Pretty crazy looking thing, I may sell it. The black and white ones are pretty nice. The plastic is just a little softer than last year's run imo.

been loving my orange 1051 bottom stamps. just ordered 5 black new ones. i miss my black putter. I did not miss a putt today in the circle and canned 2 from 60ish today. these are becoming more grippy in the warmer weather and I'm liking that a ton! still can't throw these for crap but i love putting with them.

You bastards and your Murica stamps!!! Jealous. Mine came in and something feels different about. Can't quite figure out what, but the rim/lip feels either wider or angled differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been loving my orange 1051 bottom stamps. just ordered 5 black new ones. i miss my black putter. I did not miss a putt today in the circle and canned 2 from 60ish today. these are becoming more grippy in the warmer weather and I'm liking that a ton! still can't throw these for crap but i love putting with them.
They aren't throwers for me, either. But they are money for the chains!

Not a fan of this run. Noticeably softer plastic and got some nice gouges after just one round. Glad I have 4 fresh ones from last year.

Not a fan of this run. Noticeably softer plastic and got some nice gouges after just one round. Glad I have 4 fresh ones from last year.

I noticed that on my blacks as well, I chalked it up to blacks in general are a tic softer. I like this softer feel, interested to see how they beat in now that you say this.

I noticed that on my blacks as well, I chalked it up to blacks in general are a tic softer. I like this softer feel, interested to see how they beat in now that you say this.

the black McPro's from the 1st run were rock hard.

8o6KRMol.jpg

It depends on the run. Just like KC pro aviars some batches/years are super duper rock hard (but subsequently super fragile if under 40ºF)

Humm.. My blacks are beating up pretty rough. Honestly I dont mind the slightly softer pro (still pretty firm) I do mind a slick pro feel. Literally rubbed them in the dirt and mud to try and get a solid grip. Almost feels better wet or damp. I will say it's starting to feel better but still slick compared to multiple KC runs I have or even mcpro R3s. I have no older Mcpro Aviars to compare. Please tell me these things get better. I need some moral support here. Classic Judges are laughing at me on the backup shelf. :)

Latest posts