• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mejlholm's bag

Thinking about switching bag content. Problem is, I haven't really been keeping up on the new discs. Basically I need overstable counterparts to the discs below:

2x SS Wizard
3x S Wizard

2x Warship (flippy, straight)
2x ???

2x Saint (flippy straight)
2x ???

2x Sword (flippy straight)
2x ???

What would you guys recommend?

I don't know how much more overstable you need for each disc. HPP Wizards are somewhat more overstable and Premium Jokeris are even more overstable by a fair deal. A little more overstable than the Warship means straight and even more overstable means a fading disc so what is it that you need? The Warship is long so that limits the options and probably the best match is Axis in the newest plastic. The Saint is long because of the glide but they do fade. More fade would mean a pretty hard fading disc moderately overstable role that is so a faster less gliding disc could be some PD plastic variation. PDs come in very different stabilities and flight characteristics so you might find one that you like and despite being faster the lesser glide of C PDs and the good powering down abilities might just work. Perhaps P PD2 could suite you if not when new probably after breaking in.

JR said:
I don't know how much more overstable you need for each disc. HPP Wizards are somewhat more overstable and Premium Jokeris are even more overstable by a fair deal. A little more overstable than the Warship means straight and even more overstable means a fading disc so what is it that you need? The Warship is long so that limits the options and probably the best match is Axis in the newest plastic. The Saint is long because of the glide but they do fade. More fade would mean a pretty hard fading disc moderately overstable role that is so a faster less gliding disc could be some PD plastic variation. PDs come in very different stabilities and flight characteristics so you might find one that you like and despite being faster the lesser glide of C PDs and the good powering down abilities might just work. Perhaps P PD2 could suite you if not when new probably after breaking in.

Wizards are ok - I don't need overstable counterparts for them.

By overstable I mean pretty overstable. (Think new star rocs, eagle and star max).

I've been thinking about the Aftershock to compliment the Warship (I've got a few of those somewhere).

Is the saint really as long as the PD? I'll probably get a Saint and compare it to my eagles anyways.

If no other suggestions come - i'll probably match the Sword with a star Max.

Okay you are talking of a way more overstable discs for different roles in the bag as in moderately overstable to very overstable kind of transition or more.

Initial hearsay is that the just approved Latitude Mace is a glidier Wasp and thin with a micro bead so it just could possibly work for you as a mid but sure you should retest what you already have. The Aftershock is certainly overstable and pretty good in the wind.

The Saint is not as long as most PDs but it isn't terribly much shorter either at least in the flippy ind i had and i suspect mine is more understable than some. I have no idea about the variances and the most usual stability of the Saints owning just one. Royal blue and in GL Flows that was the flippy as hell kind of plastic. The kind of Saint i have is not overstable so it won't work for your requirements. So beware and look for high PLH ones. I have no idea how the dome height works in this mold. If a slower disc is wanted Star Eagles with a low dome and high PLH can be very overstable. I'm coming to the Copenhagen Open to film and i have one of those Eagles. I don't know if i have the room for it but i might. They should not be hard to find though.

C PD2 is a great overstable long driver less meathooky and much longer than the Max. Without sacrificing headwind beating ability. P PD2 ain't enough for your requirements but the beefier C PD2 should definitely be a contender. And i'd say overall a better disc than the Max.

Picked up some of the discs to test out.

Tried a Striker and Saint side by side - found them to be very similar. They are nice discs, but I think they fly a little too long. I'm probably going to stay with the eagle setup I already have.

As for mids - I tried a VIP Warship and Gold Pain. Pain was more or less the same stability as my new rocs and it felt nice in the hands, so I'm probably going to switch to them for overstable/glideless. The Warship was way more overstable than expected - it hyzered out of forced anyhyzers on almost all shots. Could be a freak - so I'll try to borrow someone elses copy. I remembered that I have a Fuse in an old box - I'll probably take that out to test as a companion to the Pain.

Finally I tested a VIP Sword - It flew like a slightly longer Wraith, so I'll probably go with that for a while.

Speed wise Eagles sound like a good plan then. Warships do fade but only late and from mild annies which often needs some apex height. Still with your power it makes me think that either you throw it very high or you do indeed have a more overstable example of the Warship. Warships are like a little more HSS and perhaps just a hair (almost imperceptibly) more LSS Fuses. Both are long for mids and turn at power.

I heard that later than first run Pains are more overstable so they could work for you but since you have an Aftershock i'd do a shoot out between them.

I agree that the Striker should be similar to more overstable Saints than my GL blue 167 which flips like a broken in to beat Eagle L but slower and shorter.

Sword is not the best disc in the wind so the role it fulfills is not really overstable in all conditions so at least a notch straighter role than the Max you were thinking of. Or the C PD2 i mentioned as an alternative. Non first run Swords seem to be pretty straight so it is a matter of how you throw and define the border between a straight and moderately overstable role. Or very overstable like the Max and the C PD2. Sword is moderately overstable at best not very overstable or wind beater by any means. Giant is the Westside wind killer that is in between the Max and C PD2 in overstability and distance.

Tested the Sword some more this weekend - we had a strong wind. I made some of my longest disc golf line throws with it, so It'll definitely stay in the bag. I've ordered a couple of giants to pair with the swords and also a couple of TP swords, in hope that they will beat in faster than the VIP versions.

The Pain held up to the wind and I'll try to pair it with some heavy weight fuses for now.

The result is the following bag:

distance drivers:
--------
2x 175g TP sword
2x 175g VIP sword
2x 175g TP giant

fairway drivers:
------------------
4x 175g Star eagle-x (pretty beat, beat, new, new)

midrange:
-----------
2x 177g Goldline Pain
2x 177g Goldline Fuse
1x 173g Opto Fuse

putters:
------------
2x 175g SS Wizard (putting)
3x 175g S Wizard (driving - new, beat, very beat)

Discspeed made me think that my bought at release TP Giant might be much more OS than current VIP Giants so i hope the ones you'll use fare well enough in the wind. Most people that try the Sword think it rocks. Like a a little not fully broken in Destroyer with more wind handling and a straighter finish thus more distance. Would seem to be the situation with the new ones. With the FR being more LSS and shorter.

I have a very OS VIP Sword which is way too much for my arm, you could try it out. And I think my VIP warship must be straighter than yours, lets find out.

Z Force is my headwind driver so that's my two cents. But if you want beefy stuff there are Nuke OSs and Quasar OSs too. But the Giant should be fine.

I don't like the wide rim on the Forces, so they are ruled out. I really like the Giants - had a very windy round today where the TPs held the lines without any trouble.

The midrange part of the bag isn't really settled yet. Tried a Core again and made some great shots, so I'll get some time in the bag for now.

distance drivers:
--------
2x 175g TP sword
2x 175g VIP sword
2x 175g TP giant

fairway drivers:
------------------

midrange:
-----------
2x 176g Goldline Pain
1x 177g Goldline Core
1x 177g Goldline Fuse

putters:
------------
4x 175g S Wizard (driving - new, almost new, beat, very beat)

Have you tried high PLH tall dome VIP Kings or Prodigy drivers? D1 is way overstable and D4 turns for me some but is on not as HSS as Nukes though. But neither are Kings of the most overstable kind. I have no idea how normal Giants fly because my release day bought TP is a pig. I haven't even seen D3 or D2 so i have no idea if they would suite you better flight wise. At your power the D4 flips probably at least 6-7 degrees.

Have you tried Lat Mace yet? I only have the hard Zero version which probably won't last long at your power and i have no clues about how it flies in other plastics. It seems like a good disc when new for your power.

Didn't really find what I was looking for on the midrange section. Core was too unpredictable even with only a slight wind. I'm back with the rocs and I'm happy again. Only thing is I really like the Pains and kind of miss them in the bag. They might kick out the Star Ranchos at some point. I'm still working on a beat roc, so until that is done, I'll keep a fuse for touchy shots.

Sword is nice but beats in too quickly, so I'll try a Trespass to see if that if worth something.

distance drivers:
--------
1x 175g TP sword
2x 175g VIP sword
2x 175g Trespass
2x 175g TP giant

fairway drivers:
------------------

midrange:
-----------
2x 180g Star Rancho Roc
2x 175g DX Roc
1x 173g Opto Fuse

putters:
------------
4x 175g S Wizard (driving - new, almost new, beat, very beat)

Latest posts