• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mention of Disc Golf in Parade Magazine

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I saw this drinking my coffee. It's not much.

15 Ways to Enjoy Your Summer

9. Try a New Sport

Summer is a great time to tackle an unfamiliar outdoor activity, whether it's one you've heard of but never tried before—kayaking, badminton, bocce, croquet, anyone?—or something completely new to you. Here's a cheat sheet on three up-and-coming sports.

Name of Sport: Disc-golf
What It Is: Summer is a great time to tackle an unfamiliar outdoor activity, whether it's one you've heard of but never tried before—kayaking, badminton, bocce, croquet, anyone?—or something completely new to you. Here's a cheat sheet on three up-and-coming sports.
What You Need: A disc-golf course; a Frisbee; good hand-eye coordination. Find a course near you, or learn how to create your own at pdga.com.
Risk Level: * *

Name of Sport: Geocaching
What It Is:High-tech hide-and-seek in which you use a GPS to find hidden containers of booty.
What You Need: A GPS; hiking shoes; a car, in some cases; endurance; low expectations for treasures that can be less than exciting.
Risk Level: *

Name of Sport: Sphere-riding
What It Is: Roll down a hill while riding inside a giant, transparent plastic ball.
What You Need: A sphere; a hill; a strong stomach. Although you can buy an orb, they're pricey and hard-to-find. Instead, rent one at slopes in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., or Amesbury, Mass.
Risk Level: * * *

Good to know we're riskier than those wacky geocachers. :rolleyes:

We've got a long way to go until we're as dangerously cool as those bad-ass sphere riders, though....:\

I accidentally found a geocache while disc golfing the other day. The hole was on a hill too, if only I would've had a sphere with me I could've knocked out all 3 at once.

I accidentally found a geocache while disc golfing the other day. The hole was on a hill too, if only I would've had a sphere with me I could've knocked out all 3 at once.

Whoa!

Careful there, Captain Daredevil!!

Don't you think that's an awful lot of risk for one afternoon? :|

That's, like, six asterisks of risk. :D

Name of Sport: Disc-golf
What It Is: Summer is a great time to tackle an unfamiliar outdoor activity, whether it's one you've heard of but never tried before—kayaking, badminton, bocce, croquet, anyone?—or something completely new to you. Here's a cheat sheet on three up-and-coming sports.

That's a strange description.

That's a strange description.

They clearly have never played disc golf. They were probably too busy arguing over which wacky activity was riskier, much like the Blueberry vs. Flip City threads on here.

How come under the "what it is" section of Disc Golf, it doesn't say one thing about what disc golf is? It just repeats the intro to trying new sports. Great job Parade. *starts slow clap*

Wait a second.

Isn't Parade a gay-rights magazine? :|

Disc Golf mentioned in "Try a New Sport" article

I don't know if this ran local, or nation wide, but there was an article in the local newspaper, about trying something new this summer, and disc golf was mentioned. Didn't go into a lot of detail, but hey, any exposure is good I guess. I scanned the article, here it is:

IMG.jpg

Latest posts