• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millenium setup -> pls help

kmanoni

Bogey Member
i would like to start this thread by proclaiming that i am such a disc whore...

i currently throw mostly innova and some discraft. ... but im sick of how they have so many molds. i like the idea that millenium has only a handful of molds. i want to minimize my disc molds <by adding new discs, nice irony>.

im not sure if i am stating this correctly ... but i need help in creating an entirely Millenium setup. ive never thrown any of their discs.

i currently throw:
putters - SSS magic and S magic - ill be keeping these
mids - buzzzzz, comet, and Z glide
fairway driver - star TL and champ leopard <i call it the cougar tho, thats another story>
drivers - original star destroyer, champ sidewinder, champ monarch, star SL and Star Starefire, champ valk

i throw backhand and forehand equally well, with more distance backhand and more accuracy and straighter forehand.

so can anyone describe the Millenium lineup well and maybe suggest a setup for me that includes overstable and understable drivers and mids as well as a versatile do anything specialty disc. ive heard great things about the <S/Q>OLF's.

i currently throw my destroyers backhand with anny 350-400 and i can hyzer flip the sidewinder 320-350. i flick the destroyer <s-curve> 320-350 and the sidewinder straight as a arrow 300-330.

You may want to get some more ideas from the other guys but here's my all Millennium bag. Keep in mind that I am 54 yrs old so I don't throw as far as you do or probably the same weights.

Overstable Driver:
QOLF max weight (good into 10 - 30 mph headwinds)

Stable Drivers:
SOLF 1.2 172g (used for sidearms)
SOLF 1.1 165g (main driver)
SOLF 1.1 166g (slightly more stable, not as beat)

Understable Drivers:
MOLF 1.1 168g (good D with some "S")
SOLS 1.1 166g (nice "S" shots)
MOLS G4 mold 161g (Max D, bigger "S" shots)

Fairway Drivers:
QJLS 168g (D up to 300', very straight then fades)
SJLS 166g (D up to 300', better tunnel disc with a little more "S")
PLS 170g (D up to 275, very straight, used as a throw away disc also, LOL)
PLS 170g (beat! turnover/roller disc)

Mids:
Q-Sent 180g (very overstable)
S-Sent 175g (overstable)

Putters:
Omega SS 175g (shots 250' and in, dead straight even into a moderate wind!)
S-Omega 175g (a bit more stable than the SS)
Omega SS 172g (main putter)
Omega SS 165g (longer putts (40'+) or putts with a tailwind)

The 1.1 and 1.2 are the production runs. First runs are 1.1, second run is 1.2, etc. I don't use the QMS very much since my Omega SS is just as far and straighter. I still love it though. Best of luck!!

While I love Millennium and several of their products I think your reasoning ain't that great.

You could do better with picking the best disc for each role you need meaning role minimalism ;-) from the whole spectrum of manufacturers. That's what I've tried to do and boy have I whored. Cough... Never thought I'd say that. Lucky it's disc whoring not the other kind...

I just recently built an all-Millennium set-up that I've been messing with during practice rounds.

IMO, there isn't really anyhting comparable to a Destroyer...the Orion LF is their most stable high-speed driver, and it's more like a faster and more stable Orc (which I guess is pretty much how you could describe the Wraith or Starfire, but the OLF has a smaller wing).

You could easily replace the Sidewinder and Monarch with the Orion LS...maybe even the Leopard too. I've been using the OLS ever since it was released in Siruis plastic, and it's the most versatile long distance driver I've ever thrown. One newish and one well-used should cover the full-spectrum of shots that require an understable disc. It's fast enough to be compared to the Sidewinder or Monarch, but can be "dialed down" to fly more like a fairway driver.

I dont' have much experience with Millennium fairway drivers yet, but the SJLS seems very similar to the Leopards that I've thrown.

It seems that you like stable-to-understable mids, so the Aurora MS (any plastic) should work well for you. The other choice is the Sentinel, which is very overstable and probably not what you're looking for (though it's a great mid if you like overstable).

Check out the "Ask MILLENNIUM" thread...i asked a similar question on there a while back and got a lot of good info.

most to least stable, in distance driver category -- all Orion runs/plastics

1.2 QOLF or SOLF
1.2 MOLF (when new, beats straighter/longer)
1.1 QOLF
1.1 SOLF
1.1 MOLF
1.2 SOLS
1.1 SOLS (understable with wear or high power)
M OLS (straight-stable when new, beats to understable)

most to least stable in fairway drivers:

EXP
SJLS
QJLS
JLS
Polaris LS

general theme of the MILL drivers is that they're straight, or straight with fade, and speed-sensitive.. so dead-straight at 80-90%, and can be flipped/turned with angle or more juice.

kmanoni said:
i currently throw:
putters - SSS magic and S magic - ill be keeping these
mids - buzzzzz, comet, and Z glide
fairway driver - star TL and champ leopard <i call it the cougar tho, thats another story>
drivers - original star destroyer, champ sidewinder, champ monarch, star SL and Star Starefire, champ valk

i've thrown or carried most of those, so here's the closest matches... most are interchangable for me.

magic = beat Omega... most similar is a beat Omega AP, it's reliably understable when worn

buzzz = QMS or SMS, but will have a little less fade than a buzzz. haven't thrown comet or glide.

star TL = shorter range is covered by SJLS, longer by SOLS... TL is like a hybrid of those 2 MILL discs.

champ Leo = QJLS.. newish will be a little more stable, beat will turn more like a Leo. super beat is an understable/roller Leo.

destroyer = closest is whatever Orion you prefer, worn MOLF is the longest/straightest

sidewinder = closest is beat MOLS for turnover, SOLS for straight/turn with a flat landing

monarch = same MOLS/SOLS relation as the sidewinder

star SL = closest is SOLS (but slower) or a powered / beat Orion LF (your choice of plastic)

starfire = closest is the stable/overstable Orion of your choice

champ valk = closest is a worn SOLS

The 1.2 S Orions are domier than my 1.1 MOLF, and more consistent. All of mine are 172. I can heave the M farthest and get a bit of S out of it, but the 1.2 SOLF is a higher percentage huk for me, esp in wind. The SOLS can hold a wee bit of anny to bend a fairway, but still finishes left (about 1/2 as far as the OLF) unless released with lots of tilt right. IMHO leave all the long drivers behind and try just the 1.2 SOLF/SOLS. Same lids, different wings (same width/depth one is just more notched), darn easy to swap out for the situation.

My 166 Aurora MS has been a very exact approach disc up to 3/4 power, then it climbs up and right...more so as the M plastic wears in. Except for tailwinds, nailing the distance is pretty easy. My 170 Wizards have taken over some of the Aurora shots, and I've had a 170 ESP Buzz for a few weeks. It's a step in the right direction, except for occasional 20-30ft overthrows. I just got a 179 QMS, no throws yet, but I am surprised at how much flatter and Buzz-like the profile is.

Here is my set-up, I consider myself a finesse player - ask solt, I'm very mellow and smooth when I throw.

Drivers:

173 CE EXP-1 (Situational Headwind)
170 CE EXP-1 (Thumber disc)
175 QOLF 1.2 (30mph+ headwind)
170 QOLF First Run (Main distance driver, I use this for the majority of my throws)
169 MOLF (Forehand)
168 MOLF (Turn-over hyzer flip disc)
168 OLS (Anhyzer)
168 Q-Polaris LS (It's basically a teebird :) )
166 SJLS (Fairway Driver - wicked straight)
150 SJLS (Little bit more precision, dont' need to toss it as hard)

Mid-ranges:

180 Q-Sentinel
180 QMS
169 QMS
178 CE QMS

Putters:

175 Sirius Omega (Driver, headwind putting)
175 Q-Mega (Driver)
175 Omega SS (Main Putter)
160 Q-Mega (Jump Putts)

I love the 1.2 run of Q Plastic it's phenomenal and fantastic :) as well as the CE plastic which is my favorite.

I have basically 7 molds LF, LS, PLS, JLS, Q-S, QMS and the Omega.
It's great, simple and works :)

just won some millenium plastic on ebay:

brand new MOLF 165g $3.25 + $2 ship
two brand new SOLS 165g $4.25 + $4 ship
total = $13.50 for 3 brand new discs shipped.

ebay seller teamjustice1

kmanoni said:

ebay seller teamjustice1

So YOU were the guy I was bidding against... :evil:

Steady 26542 said:
kmanoni said:

ebay seller teamjustice1

So YOU were the guy I was bidding against... :evil:

Me too :x I was going after that MOLF lol.
I really wanted that pearl JLS too lol.

I was out bid on two Omega SS and a 150 SOS. On the same day.

I can understand the SS(s), but how many people know what an SOS is????

ADiscand3Plates said:
I was out bid on two Omega SS and a 150 SOS. On the same day.

I can understand the SS(s), but how many people know what an SOS is????

Not many I'm sure. I have 3. The red 175 I have is the grippiest plastic I have ever felt. The two orange 165/166's I have are grippy too but not quite as grippy as the red one.

I've thrown two white SOS(s) for a year. Didn't even know the run consisted of other colors until that ebay auction.

Would have liked a different color, but curiosity doesn't have deep pockets :lol:

I recently picked up a SOLS 1.2 in orange and love it. I threw the first runs as well and must say that the 1.2 is substantially more stable.

Was the mold slightly changed? It seems the wing is a little wider on the 1.2.

JerryH said:
I recently picked up a SOLS 1.2 in orange and love it. I threw the first runs as well and must say that the 1.2 is substantially more stable.

Was the mold slightly changed? It seems the wing is a little wider on the 1.2.

Look at the dome starting from the inside/top edge of the wing, the 1.1 rises for 1 wing's width deep towards the center, while the 1.2 SOLx dome rises for 2 wing's worth of width towards the center. Almost like it did not settle at all from the mold.

1.2 seems less D but far more certain of where it lands imho.