• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium and Hyzer Bomb partnership

To be fair, I have to agree and applaud them for what they're doing. I appreciate their hard work and determination to continue to improve. Starting your own business is not easy, but staying in business is even harder. Unless, you take care of your customers.

And, you're right, disc golfers can be kinda crazy. I learned that over my many years of running the local club and tournaments. But, this really isn't about disc golf or disc golfers. Its about consumerism. If you go to McDonalds and your burger and fries are cold, you're talking it back because it didn't meet your expectation and they'd replace it. I bought this bag, with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. The issues we're discussing are (in fact) manufacturer defects.

I am all about giving kudos for a job well done. But, I'm also not going to turn a blind eye when something is sub-par

you have to understand there is a big difference between manufacture defects and design flaws. this sounds more like a design flaw they are correcting with a new run of bags. does it suck? yes. there were issues like these with the contender that were fixed with the 2nd run. the company doesn't have to offer a trade up program but it's a compromise between seller and customer as they can't just give bags away but they also see where the customer is coming from. IMO hyzerbomb is doing exactly as they should. will others disagree? yes but that's just the way business is I have learned

you have to understand there is a big difference between manufacture defects and design flaws. this sounds more like a design flaw they are correcting with a new run of bags. does it suck? yes. there were issues like these with the contender that were fixed with the 2nd run. the company doesn't have to offer a trade up program but it's a compromise between seller and customer as they can't just give bags away but they also see where the customer is coming from. IMO hyzerbomb is doing exactly as they should. will others disagree? yes but that's just the way business is I have learned
I agree with this statement. Probably the best way to put it. They are making their best effort to please everyone. unfortunately not everyone can be pleased in this world. Same story with every product on the planet

If it's a design flaw it's Hyzerbomb's responsibility to fix it.

And if it's specifically an issue of the internal frame poking you, maybe some testing before running an entire line of them might have helped. If the excuse is that the prototype didn't have that issue, then it's a manufacturing defect. Either way, Hyzerbomb screwed up, no matter how small they are or how nice they are.

Maybe they should have waited to start a line of discs before they knew their bags were going to be done well.

I'd take that a step further and say it is a manufacturer defect cause by a design flaw. As the manufacturer of the product, you can't release a video stating that you're "pushing down on an area as hard as you can" only to have that portion of the bag fall through under the weight of (1) 32 oz bottle of water.

A lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects is supposed to provide the customer with peace of mind that, if they have a problem with the product that is not due to normal wear and tear, the bag will be replaced. And, they won't have spent $200 (in this case) for a product that did not meet expectations.

I really don't think this is unreasonable. If you comb through the Marketplace sub-forum, look how anal people are completely anal about ink on the back of disc or how accurate the sleepy scale is. Those discs are almost all worth less than $20. This is a $200 bag we're talking about, I expect it to work as advertised.

To be clear, I like the overall design of this bag, and don't want to flat out return the one I have. I want to exchange it for the "fixed" version that performs as advertised. I've already offered to pay shipping to do so. But, i don't think I should have to pay extra for things that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

Last edited:
So my takeaway from the most recent developments is to stay away from these bags and discs until further notice...

As a self-employed business person with a BBA, and practical business experience from toiling in corporate America, there are a multitude of stringent time consuming tasks involved from the business (cash flow, bus plan, mkt plan, tax planning, order fulfillment technology, et al) to the technical side (design, outsource manufacturing, product tests, QC et al).

The learning curve is steep and very very time consuming, best of luck to them with their continued education and learning.

If it's a design flaw it's Hyzerbomb's responsibility to fix it.

And if it's specifically an issue of the internal frame poking you, maybe some testing before running an entire line of them might have helped. If the excuse is that the prototype didn't have that issue, then it's a manufacturing defect. Either way, Hyzerbomb screwed up, no matter how small they are or how nice they are.

Maybe they should have waited to start a line of discs before they knew their bags were going to be done well.

So if you buy a pair of Nikes, then 3 months later they come out with an improved pair, you expect them to just keep replacing them? That makes zero sense.

So if you buy a pair of Nikes, then 3 months later they come out with an improved pair, you expect them to just keep replacing them? That makes zero sense.

No! Because if the Nikes I buy have plastic poking me in the foot, I can return them. I don't have to wait for them to come out with a new pair that doesn't poke me in the foot because "they've figured it out and it will be fixed the next time they make the shoe, but we will give you a discount on the next pair." Because Nike has their crap together as a company and stands behind their product.

There's a vast difference between these two statements: "Hey, the new iPhone is faster and has a bigger screen. You should check this out." and "Hey, your iPhone stabbed you on the hand because of a design flaw? Don't worry, we fixed that with the next run, feel free to buy one so the old one doesn't stab you anymore."

No! Because if the Nikes I buy have plastic poking me in the foot, I can return them. I don't have to wait for them to come out with a new pair that doesn't poke me in the foot because "they've figured it out and it will be fixed the next time they make the shoe, but we will give you a discount on the next pair." Because Nike has their crap together as a company and stands behind their product.

There's a vast difference between these two statements: "Hey, the new iPhone is faster and has a bigger screen. You should check this out." and "Hey, your iPhone stabbed you on the hand because of a design flaw? Don't worry, we fixed that with the next run, feel free to buy one so the old one doesn't stab you anymore."

Is HyzerBomb telling you that you have to buy a new one in order to fix the problem? Nope. They are offering a return policy to have it fixed.

Is HyzerBomb telling you that you have to buy a new one in order to fix the problem? Nope. They are offering a return policy to have it fixed.

Actually, HyzerBomb isn't telling "us" anything, other than they fixed the issues that numerous people have been complaining about. And, that there will be an upgrade program of some sort.

Honestly, all of this is purely conjecture until we see the parameters of their proposed program. For all we know, they may allow disenchanted Flak3 customers a free exchange for Flak4. We won't know until they tell us. So, you defending them against every complaint doesn't do anything for their image. It just furthers the consensus that you are their fanboy

As for your Nike metaphor, which is almost as ludicrous as your Windows metaphor. I didn't buy this bag 3 months ago, or even 3 weeks ago. I've had this bag for 9-1/2 days, used it for 3 rounds and pointed out the glaring issues after my first round with the bag. For some reason, you're glossing over the fact that there are glaring issues with releasing a product that is faulty. I'll support good companies and sing the praises of products that are truly great, but I'll never throw my support behind a product I know is faulty that people are unhappy with.

Actually, HyzerBomb isn't telling "us" anything, other than they fixed the issues that numerous people have been complaining about. And, that there will be an upgrade program of some sort.

Honestly, all of this is purely conjecture until we see the parameters of their proposed program. For all we know, they may allow disenchanted Flak3 customers a free exchange for Flak4. We won't know until they tell us. So, you defending them against every complaint doesn't do anything for their image. It just furthers the consensus that you are their fanboy

As for your Nike metaphor, which is almost as ludicrous as your Windows metaphor. I didn't buy this bag 3 months ago, or even 3 weeks ago. I've had this bag for 9-1/2 days, used it for 3 rounds and pointed out the glaring issues after my first round with the bag. For some reason, you're glossing over the fact that there are glaring issues with releasing a product that is faulty. I'll support good companies and sing the praises of products that are truly great, but I'll never throw my support behind a product I know is faulty that people are unhappy with.

So it's your fault for not doing the research and not knowing this was an issue that was pointed out by the consumers when the Flak3 was first released. Obviously you didn't look at this forum to find out these things before your purchase. I'm not saying the defects are okay, I'm just saying it happens. EVERY OTHER bag company has had issues they've had to fix. HB is doing what they can, be patient. And "fan boy"? I'm on their Team, so of course I'm going to defend my sponsor. Wouldn't you? Or would you bash your sponsor for a small issue?

I believe most people characterized the fallout floor as a small inconvenience. Personally my velcro is so weak that it fails all around and the bag is basically open, allowing anything in the top compartment to fall to the bottom compartment.

Insinuating that this problem is my fault for not doing proper research is laughable. I combed this thread as well as any other thread I could find on these bags looking for information, as well as checking videos and asking for opinions. Based on the statement, "I'm pushing as hard as I can" in the video further lead me to think, "perhaps the people that are having the shelf drop out carry a lot of beers up there."

To my surprise, the shelf fell out under the weight of just (1) 32 oz Gatoraid without anything else up there. I feel like I'm being redundant here. But, I guess no matter how many times I state the obvious, there is no cure for blind faith. Again, I am all for supporting a company that deserves it, but ignoring the issues and blaming customers reflects poorly on them and makes you sound ignorant. In my opinion, you getting emotional and defending them to the teeth is not doing you, or them any favors.

I would never bash my sponsor. But you know what they say. It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

They aren't blaming anyone, and neither am I. You're putting words in people's mouths. They are taking responsibility for the problem and doing something about it. We will all soon find out what that is. I want to know just as much as you do, because my bag is the exact same as everyone else's. The problem is not your fault, but you obviously did not comb this thread. As soon as people got the bag this issue was brought up.

So it's your fault for not doing the research and not knowing this was an issue that was pointed out by the consumers when the Flak3 was first released. Obviously you didn't look at this forum to find out these things before your purchase.

They aren't blaming anyone, and neither am I. You're putting words in people's mouths. They are taking responsibility for the problem and doing something about it. We will all soon find out what that is. I want to know just as much as you do, because my bag is the exact same as everyone else's. The problem is not your fault, but you obviously did not comb this thread. As soon as people got the bag this issue was brought up.

Ummmm, no. :doh:

Your participation thus far has not been a good look for Hyzer Bomb, coming from a forum reader with no dog in the fight. It's bad enough having one blindly loyal "fanatic" arguing with customers and posters for another company, might not want to make it two.

Regardless, I've just emailed Jeremy directly, so now he has a chance to make up a couple points with good customer service. We'll see soon (hopefully)

Ummmm, no. :doh:

Your participation thus far has not been a good look for Hyzer Bomb, coming from a forum reader with no dog in the fight. It's bad enough having one blindly loyal "fanatic" arguing with customers and posters for another company, might not want to make it two.

I did say it was his fault for not doing thorough research, but I didn't say the problem was his fault. You people are ruthless lol.

This thread has a lot of fail in it today, outside of Team Hyzerbomb members, there are several people joining other DCGR members on my ignorelist. :|

Hey guys! We have not even had a chance to formulate an official plan to upgrade anybody who is unsatisfied yet. Like we said, we will take care of ya the best we can in that department.
The overall feedback we have received has been great and everyday we push to grow as a company.
If anybody has had an issue, feel free to take it up with Jeremy or Wes.
[email protected]
[email protected]
That way we are all on the same page and we can truly hear the feedback and take care of you faster.

On a side note, we need your help! We have some new colors about to release but we can't decide if we like this color combo enough to release it. What do you guys think?

10073676963_e1f1f018e7.jpg

So if I pre-order the flak 12 or whatever number it is can you guarantee i wont be stabbed in the back by pvc?

Latest posts