• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium and Hyzer Bomb partnership

Shoulda bought a Grip.

I started thinking the same thing, at first. However, having recently played a few tournaments in the midwest (where the days can start in the 30s & end in the 60s) I was happy to have my Flak bag. The big upper storage pocket allows for the various layers that I had to take off & on.

Meanwhile my (more trendy) competitors were forced to carry the layers that wouldn't fit in the much smaller side pockets of their Grip bags. I'm not saying the Grip isn't a good bag. But for Midwestern golf (where the weather can change drastically from morning to afternoon) the Flak is a better solution, at least for me.

That said, I would like an update from the guys at Hyzer Bomb regarding the aforementioned upgrade/exchange program.

I started thinking the same thing, at first. However, having recently played a few tournaments in the midwest (where the days can start in the 30s & end in the 60s) I was happy to have my Flak bag. The big upper storage pocket allows for the various layers that I had to take off & on.

Meanwhile my (more trendy) competitors were forced to carry the layers that wouldn't fit in the much smaller side pockets of their Grip bags. I'm not saying the Grip isn't a good bag. But for Midwestern golf (where the weather can change drastically from morning to afternoon) the Flak is a better solution, at least for me.

That said, I would like an update from the guys at Hyzer Bomb regarding the aforementioned upgrade/exchange program.

I'm in Wisconsin and I totally get where you're coming from with the temperature swings (it was 30 degrees when I woke up at 9am this morning and is now 52 degrees) can fit a light fleece AND a hoodie (size Large) in my Grip A Series. I wasn't able to do that with my L Series.

The added space without adding a lot of bulk to the bag is great.

That said, I used to really liked the look of the Flak. Once Millennium put their name on it (where they put it, the bland font, etc), though, I felt it got less aesthetically pleasing.

The bag itself looked solid, though.

I don't really mind the embroidered logo on the front. But, its small enough that anyone that doesn't like it could probably cover it with a patch or two. To me, it is much more understated than the huge Grip logos on the A-Series. Again, nothing wrong with it, they probably lead the pack in product recognition because of it.

As for the storage, I'm a bigger guy and wear a thick, XL hoody. So, I don't think it would fit in the side pockets of the Grip. It would be really great if Grip offered a couple different versions/models of the bag, including one with a larger upper storage pocket, but they don't.

I also love the side putter pockets on my Flak. All around, the layout of the bag is perfect for me, we just need to get the few issues resolved and it will be perfect all around.

I don't really mind the embroidered logo on the front. But, its small enough that anyone that doesn't like it could probably cover it with a patch or two. To me, it is much more understated than the huge Grip logos on the A-Series. Again, nothing wrong with it, they probably lead the pack in product recognition because of it.

As for the storage, I'm a bigger guy and wear a thick, XL hoody. So, I don't think it would fit in the side pockets of the Grip. It would be really great if Grip offered a couple different versions/models of the bag, including one with a larger upper storage pocket, but they don't.

I also love the side putter pockets on my Flak. All around, the layout of the bag is perfect for me, we just need to get the few issues resolved and it will be perfect all around.

I agree with you here. As for the storage on top I utilized that well at a tournament 2 weeks ago. When I had the Grip A Series bag, it was tough stuffing a Large Hoodie into one of the side pockets and when you did thats all that could be in it. With the Flak 3, I had a hoodie, some snacks, wallet, phone, keys in the top. Now, if they can get back to us on this upgrade deal I already have someone interested in my current bag.

Come on HB! Looks like at least a few are awaiting the 3rd run upgrade info!

The top storage area on mine is definitely sweet. Comparing that to a friend's new A-series and the Flak definitely has it beat in that area.

I have realized that the problems with my bag are minor in the scheme of things after playing more rounds. However it would be nice not to have to decide what to put in the top compartment based mostly on weight and a fear of eminent collapse. My makeshift anti-poke bottom setup isn't winning any style points either or getting many customers for HB in my area after I explain the reason for it.

Since it has been several weeks with no reply from them, I have given up mostly on being fully satisfied with my purchase, and just telling people that ask me just to drop the extra cash on a Grip or Mahal.

Come on HB! Looks like at least a few are awaiting the 3rd run upgrade info!

The top storage area on mine is definitely sweet. Comparing that to a friend's new A-series and the Flak definitely has it beat in that area.

I have realized that the problems with my bag are minor in the scheme of things after playing more rounds. However it would be nice not to have to decide what to put in the top compartment based mostly on weight and a fear of eminent collapse. My makeshift anti-poke bottom setup isn't winning any style points either or getting many customers for HB in my area after I explain the reason for it.

Since it has been several weeks with no reply from them, I have given up mostly on being fully satisfied with my purchase, and just telling people that ask me just to drop the extra cash on a Grip or Mahal.

have you sent an email or just posted on here? just curious. I heard bags are supposed to arrive estimated 2nd week of november.

I have sent several emails to them and have not recieved a single response. Maybe it's my spam filter but it seems others have been in the same boat. Mainly I have posted on this thread recently since it seemed a month ago they were active/monitoring it.

I realize now I should have just returned it before I used it. It's an adequate bag but for the price I wanted more. I am probably not even interested in giving them too much more money at this point so I should probably just forget about the exchange program and make do. Like I said in an earlier post I just did not expect the making do feeling in this price range for any type of gear.

I think I was just hoping after having to jimmy rig my brand new 200 dollar bag that they would come out on here and take care of their customers quickly and generously. At least throw some of us a bone and let us know what future options may be. I will probably either sell mine or just live with it.

Well, I sent another email this week since I saw that they posted about the purple bags on their Facebook page.....still no reply.
We may all be getting fudged in the b-hole here

I had poor contact when i was dealing with them forgetting to send my entire order. Took over a month before i could actually get yem to refund me 4$ for stickers.

It seems like I'm the only one that has had positive communication with them. :confused: I wonder though, if you guys are badgering them at all or sending rude emails like "wtf dude?"

I only ask because all of my emails to/with them have been polite and professional and I have always gotten prompt responses. The most recent update I have is from a couple weeks back when they said that they're still in the process for working through everything and hope to have a solution in place soon. I know, its not really anything new, but these things take more than a matter of just a couple hours to resolve so I understand why they aren't releasing any details yet. Right now it appears as though there are more questions than answers.

I guess at this point it is a little easier for me to be patient because its basically dark by the time I get off work and have been pretty busy over the weekends so I haven't had much of an opportunity to play lately.
I guess my parting words on this are, just because they haven't said anything yet, doesn't necessarily mean you're getting screwed. So, just be patient and trust that these guys are going to do the right thing.:hfive:

My emails were proper amd professional, at first, but after a couple weeks of being told they had sent the rest of my order to find out they didnt i started to get short.
I think people may feel a little better if they were more communicative.

Not at all have any of my communications even come close to being able to be construed as badgering or rude. Actually more like overly polite if anything! The only badgering and complaining I have done has been on this thread.

I tried to contact them two times before I even got my bag and the complete lack of communication is one of the reasons I felt I may have a hard time just even returning my bag in the first place.

It's hard not to get rude all up in this thread right now though haha! I definitely feel I have been abandoned by a company which I thought would be small enough to care about its customers. I am still quite surprised they have just seemingly abandoned this thread and the customers who felt their purchase was not up to par. Those guys are not getting any more support from me and are losing many potential customers via word of mouth by screwing us over.

F'd in the B for sure!!

Well, I sent another email this week since I saw that they posted about the purple bags on their Facebook page.....still no reply.
We may all be getting fudged in the b-hole here

If not fully fudged at least left hanging by anyone's standards! It's just not cool.

That's ridiculous!

I know. I just didnt want to keep complaining. Thats after it took over 23to weeks for them to send me free discs for shipping issues. Ill give them credit, they did send me 3a discs but since then they have been dropping the ball.

Honestly all of my communication directly with them has been very professional and courteous. I only take the opportunity to rant and rave my true feelings on here because my username is not my real name. That aside, I fully agree with everything being said on this forum..... They went from being very active in keeping us updated on this thread to not really saying anything at all when people get really upset. I completely understand that it takes time just like everybody is saying I know that, but they are losing a lot of potential customers who are doing research and stumble across this thread. I really do hope that they make it right. I love my flak bag I just wish it was more comfortable and that I didn't have to stop literally every single round to re-adjust the floor.

I played close to 100 holes this week in Madison Wisconsin and I probably stopped four or five times to re-adjust the floor and I really was not even carrying a whole lot of stuff. It would've been great to actually use the compartment to put my sweater in and out as The temperature and wind were both fluctuating all day causing me to take my sweater on and off.

Hyzer bomb please respond to your customers.....

It's been a busy, but fun last few weeks!

We don't have any new developments currently. We are awaiting our next arrival for bags and new colors. Those should be in around Thanksgiving at the earliest and all of the colors should be in before Christmas. Purple might be shipping just shortly after the holidays but the other colors should ship early-mid December. We don't expect any delays and this run is right on time. We have discussed a trade in program but it's not just us in the loop. We have multiple people needing to get in and under agreement to what can be done. Like we have said before, we will for sure have that info available before the new bags come in and ship. When we know for sure, we will pass it along right away. We want to make sure we don't over promise anything or under deliver.

We don't check the forums very often, so if anybody has any questions, please just email us as always and we will get you squared away ASAP. [email protected] or [email protected] and we try and get back with you within 24-48 hours. Thanks again for the continued support and growth. It's been a great ride so far and we are going to keep it rolling.

^^Note to other bag manufacturers: This is how you respond on a forum. High road taken, information delivered. Criticism addressed, but in a business-like, professional fashion. Kudos.

Latest posts