• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota/Wisconsin or Michigan/Indiana in September?

Unless the brickyard has had some serious work done recently, it is severely overgrown, pretty much unplayable. Give it another 2 months, it won't be bad.

Unfortunately this. Great little course but with te flooding and such there are a lot of things when it's hard to play.

Sorry, but no top level course should be ADA accessible.

its not. He must be a damn machine with that thing to get around BRP. My pull cart with a bag isn't "easy" to pull around and there are tons of stairs/raised tees-greens....lol.

there are tons of stairs.

you wanna talk stairs, then we must be talking Bryant. the stairway on 17 was ridiculous, haha.

you're right though, a couple of baskets cannot be reached from a chair...26, the hanging one (16 or 17? can't remember). Overall, it's not in my top twenty, but it was fun so I hope the people taking offense to me not loving it can just get over it.

My top twenty or so, in order by state:
Bowers Park
Wickham Park
Iron Hill
Cliff Stephens Park
Ocala Greenway DGC
WR Jackson Memorial DGC
Idlewild
Lincoln Ridge Park
Maple Hill DGC
Brakewell Steel / Warwick Park
Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC)
Whistler's Bend
Camp Sankanac DGC
Deer Lakes Park
Jordan Creek
Moraine State Park
Nockamixon State Park
Pinchot State Park - Quaker's Challenge
Two Mile Run Extension
Tyler State Park
Harmon Hills
Hawk Hollow
Rollin Ridge

Doesn't look like you enjoyed the top courses much in MN/WI other than Rollin Ridge.

highbridge was awesome too. It was a great vacation, but I wasn't as impressed with most of the courses as I've been with others around the country, that's all. Not saying the other courses weren't good, just not as stellar as their ranking may lead some to believe, which is a common problem discussed in other threads I'm sure. It's cool, just my opinion which only matters to me and maybe others from PA with similar viewpoints that may eventually plan a trip to your area.

yeah everyone is different really in what they like. A group of 3 guys from IA I met at BRP on their way back home from Highbridge said it was their favorite course out of all which they played, ever.

To me its not even close to my favorite but a GREAT course I love playing.

It's apparent in your list you primarily favor high SSA Gold courses and Minnesota mostly has courses under 54 SSA unless tricked out with a few more shots for tourneys. Only Highbridge Gold was in the SSA range among the ones on your top 20.

Nothing wrong with that. Just an observation. I would expect some consistency in the type of courses a player would like.

Guess id be an oddball then lol. I enjoy really short and easy courses to really long and tough ones. To me that's the best part about disc golf-- even some very short 9 hole courses can be way more "fun" than a longer 20+ monster.

you dont want to ace every hole on an entire course? i think that is the only course ive encountered where its possible

The car ferry ain't cheap, though.

Also, this is totally personal preference...but I'd play Winter Park before Silver Creek, if you can spare the extra hour or so of drive time.

The car ferry might be $$, but you don't have to drive all the around around Lake Michigan or CHICAGO and you catch up on a little shut eye along the way. and if you are willing to spend a little more on a quicker car ferry the Wildcat express is faster and departs Milwaukee to Muskegon, Mi. (not to far from Flipp).

Either way, your in for a treat. All the states you listed have a plethera of GREAT Disc Golf courses to play-------------------- -

my next disc trip is probably going to be to CO, but after that I may consider going to MI.

Latest posts