• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

mobile disc dealer

would you buy from a "street vendor"

• yes

Votes: 41 52.6%
  • no

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • if i just happened to be looking for something he had

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • i would call the police and chase him away from the course

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It depends on what thye had, if it was something i needed a backup of, yeah i would proably buy it, but i wouldent go to a tournement thinking "Maybe someone will be there to sell me a _____ because i really need one for this tournement!" I have what i need when i go, but i would gladly buy backups.

It depends on what thye had, if it was something i needed a backup of, yeah i would proably buy it, but i wouldent go to a tournement thinking "Maybe someone will be there to sell me a _____ because i really need one for this tournement!" I have what i need when i go, but i would gladly buy backups.

this

Fallasburg Park always has a mobile disc dealer it seems like... He even trades his used for other used....

I've got a buddy that sells new discs and other dg gear out of the back of his truck - Life Disc Sports (shameless plug). I wouldn't hesitate to buy so long as there is no name on the back of the disc. Too often these guys are creek/pond divers who turn around and sell discs that they never owned in the first place.

there is a mobile guy at Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC. I would buy from them if it was something I needed.

I've got a buddy that sells new discs and other dg gear out of the back of his truck - Life Disc Sports (shameless plug). I wouldn't hesitate to buy so long as there is no name on the back of the disc. Too often these guys are creek/pond divers who turn around and sell discs that they never owned in the first place.

If you dive into a pond or creek to retrieve discs, you own them, whether or not someone put their name and phone # on the disc.

People here already do this and yeah I buy discs from them if they have something I want at a good price.

I've found that alot of the time these mobile dealers are part of the local club, so buying from them supports the club that maintains the course. Plus you can usually get some sweet deals on used discs this way.

If someone showed up at your local course on the day of the local clubs tourny or pdga event with the back of an suv loaded with new plastic would you buy?

Our local club has it's own "mobile store" and several members are also independent dealers. I expect other clubs have similar deals. You may be looking at a saturated market.

Sure, why not? There is a mobile vendor who comes around the courses I play. I got a heavy ESP Buzz from him. He's a Discraft dealer. The local sporting goods store only sells Innova so its an easy way to see what Discraft has to offer without the guesswork of buying blind from an internet source.

I have no problem dealing with mobile vendors, much of my collection comes from them. Disc Outfitters does this at Rockburn and other courses in MD and they have a great reputation from what I hear. Folks doing this do need to be mindful of the local course regulationsthough, for example Seneca Creek sells discs at their nature center and has a rule prohibiting other folks selling discs on their premises. I usually buy a couple discs a year from them just to support their business (and the course) even if they are a couple bucks more expensive.

Around here, a lot of tournaments are run by a guy who brings a huge selection of plastic for the fly mart, and does a nice job putting together the events, so if someone showed up the day of a tournament to compete with him I probably wouldn't support them. If it was any other day though, I would definitely check out their selection for anything I was looking for.

Guy at The Sinks a few weeks ago had some pretty rare KC Pro discs. I was broke, but my buddies each picked up a few scores for the same prices as the 12x stuff. Either the guy was an idiot or he was being really nice. I like to think the latter. And if you dive into a pond or lake for my disc you're welcome to it.

i am what you call a mobile vendor and i like what i do... i find the discs and if it has a number on the back i give a call and if they answer and want it back then it gets to them but if they dont i tell them my purpose and they usually agree but i make good money and some good trades also

There is only really one store that sells discs by me, besides dicks which seems to have an overwhelming number of speed 12+ discs.

Other than the one store its either online, or hit up one of the local courses.

Best part about it, is if I buy a disc from one of them, and don't like it after playing I can normally trade it for something else of equal value.

Latest posts