• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mold minimalism and over marketing?

I carry several discs for different shots, but I always find myself just throwing just a few. For example, I have 14 discs in my bag right now, but will only throw 5 of them. When I play a course where I have to throw over water, I'll change out my discs to carry extra ones for when I lose some in the water. But mainly, my bag has several 'what if' discs that I may never use...but what if I need a certain type of throw? Then I might have that disc. But at the end of the round, I've probably only thrown 5 discs.

For tournaments where I play the same course twice, I will keep track of what I threw the first round and then lighten my bag for the second round.

I know several players I talk to do the same thing...carry several discs but actually only throw a few of them.

Now I may have to try what BryanC does and only carry a few select discs and make them work for me to see how I do.

Hmmmmm, must carry:
Putter: Legacy Clutch
Forehand Putter/Approach: DGA Breaker
MidRange: DGA Rift (5 speed)
Mid/Fairway: Innova Leopard (6 speed)
Fairway: Legacy Phenom (8 speed)