• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MOLF

O.K. -
I only have played one game with my new MOLF but I used it on about 10 holes. I also will add that I have never thrown a QOLF or SOLF but I used the MOLS as my main distance driver for most of 2006. Lately I've been using Pro Starfires because OLS's get understable too fast. Blake has said that the Starfire/SL is the Innova disc that flies similar to the MOLF. I agree.I think the MOLF may be a bit more controllable than the Starfire and I think that the MOLF may be just a tad more LSS and maybe just a smidge longer. It seemed to "hook" a slight bit more than the Starfire right at the end of the flight.
All in all it seems interchangable with the Pro Starfire for me.

wow. that review was kinda a let down. I never anticipated getting a MOLF or anymore discs of that family, but for a new disc that came out I was expecting the world. Like the destroyers and the diablos, there was all the hype and excitement, but this was, eh. No offence to you barbikes. I just found it funny.

Yeah, I was let down! I'm hoping that I like it better after a few more rounds but like I said I didn't find it superior to a Pro Starfire.

What were you expecting? Isn't it a lot like an SOLF or QOLF only in a D type plastic?

tell me its not like a pro starfire :(
SOLF is nothing like a pro starfire
infact i think the SOLF has more in common with a Starfire-X

I don't think that the MOLF could be like a pro starfire due to the notch on the wing?

Sombody else have better results with the MOLF than barbikes?

Mine should be at my house this evening,
i'm going to get to the bottom of this

dgdave said:
wow. that review was kinda a let down. I never anticipated getting a MOLF or anymore discs of that family, but for a new disc that came out I was expecting the world. Like the destroyers and the diablos, there was all the hype and excitement, but this was, eh. No offence to you barbikes. I just found it funny.

That's why I avoid doing disc reviews, most of them would turn out like that.

threw my MOLF's tonight and must say that they are exactly what I wanted.

Even at 166 they took all the nuts I wanted to put on them with a touch of hyzer, flipped perfectly flat and flew until a consistent fade. With minimal effort I was putting them out to 350 and they were landing in a 10' circle.

I'm really liking these things, I thought that 166 would be too light but so far I'm really impressed. The flight reminds me of a new dx teebird.

I'm getting some OLS's and Ontario rocs tomorrow and can't wait to try them. I ordered the OLS in 17-172 because I want to beat them into consistent turnover discs and rollers and I prefer my rollers to be a bit heavier.

Do you think that the OLS and OLF will overlap new? How much fade does an OLS have when its new?

I received my two MOLFs today (172 g) and was able to play two rounds with them. I have been throwing the SOLF for a couple of months and love it (perfect stability for long drives). I found the MOLF to fly very similar to the SOLF, just a little longer. I was throwing a OLS, but was having difficulty with consistency (a little too understable I suppose). I look forward to beating the MOLF in a little and will use it for my main distance driver. It is exactly how I hoped it would be.

JerryH said:
I found the MOLF to fly very similar to the SOLF, just a little longer.
I took my MOLF out for a drive (or a dozen) over the weekend. I thought the very same thing.

JerryH said:
I was throwing a OLS, but was having difficulty with consistency (a little too understable I suppose).
I don't think it's too understable, but (so far) my OLF seems to be more to my liking.

To me, it's and Orion Long Fade. And it's exactly what a OLF should be in Millennium plastic. I threw it one time (good) and knew what it was going to do after that.

While my OLS should soon break into a good left-to-right disc, I believe my OLF will break into my main driver disc.

Does anyone throw the MOLS? How does it compare to the SOLS? I know it has been out for awhile but I never have heard you guys say anything about it. With how pumped all of you were about the MOLF I just think I would've heard at least one person say something about the MOLS.

I found the OLS beat in pretty quickly and didn't stay in it's "sweet spot" for very long. There was a couple of rounds where they few super straight and were pretty controlable but they got too squirrley for distance or straight shots after that. I did like beat ones for anhyzers, though. They seems to hold the line well without crashing and didn't fight to fade out.

Hey! I have to update my review of the MOLF from 8/8/07. I like it a lot better now. It has replaced my Pro Starfire (SL) as my long distance driver. I have found that for me it does fly similar to a Pro Starfire but way more predictable and maybe 5% longer. I have now played over 20 games using two MOLF'S as my primary driver and I am pleased that they do not seem to be getting too understable yet. This disc gets my highest rating!

Just got a couple of MOLFs in the mail yesterday then played a round with the 170. Really saw no difference between the SOLF and MOLF. Maybe a little more distance but not much with the MOLF. For me, I like the Millennium plastic just a bit better than the Sirius. Not a big difference but the MOLF is a little more grippy for me. So I'll stick with it until I see how fast they break in. Anyway, I think all of the OLFs in any plastic are pretty sweet discs.

To add about the OLS. It seemed to be pretty much like a Valk from my experience. They start out sweet but as ZAMson said, they get to be turn over discs pretty quick.

Who put these in their bag permanently? I had to pick some up after i lost my favorite SOLF, and I've been using a 169 for alot of shots. It's up there with my champ wraith in distance. Seems to be beating in pretty slow, too. I'm impressed with this millennium plastic

i picked up a 150 and i haven't got a lot of time in with it yet, but man i love this plastic.

I got one in my bag. It is absolute money.

I've thrown it a ton since I got it, and it turns a little more now and fades later, but does it very predictably.

Right now, I'm rocking a brand new 174g SOLF, a used 174g SOLF, and a 170g MOLF.

This is the best combo of distance, headwind fighting, and control I've ever had.

I actually recently dropped the MOLF's they got too flippy too fast for me. A beat up SOLF has been better for me and is going just as far with better accuracy.

I just ordered a couple of MOLFs and I'm wondering what the dome is like. The SOLFs I have are first run bar stamps and they're super flat, almost concave. I assume the MOLF will have more dome than flat, but what should I expect?

My MOLF's are flatter than the bar stamped solfs I throw. They fly freekin awesome when they are brand new.