• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More Disc Golfers need to play the courses in central Kentucky!

Greg Weleski

It's probably silly to mention but if anyone is around Central Kentucky or passing through there are a couple courses that are worth while that could use some reviews from some experienced players/reviewers. Two courses around the Lexington area worth playing are Veteran's Park and Riney B. Veteran's Park is a very decent 18 hole course with some nice technical wooded holes as well as a few open ones. Riney B is a newer course (built last year) that has a huge variety of holes. Extreme accuracy is required on some holes. Extreme distance is required on others. About 5 holes over 400'. Longest hole is 563' par 3. Actually the whole 24 hole course is par 3 for a total par of 72. Only thing is 3 holes are brand new (like 1 month old) and don't have concrete pads. However this course is a true test for any intermediate or advanced golfers nerves. Hole #3 is called the bermuda triangle for a reason. Please come and play this course. No permanent signs yet. Current ones only tell distance but navigating course isn't too difficult. Also you can print out a course map from links to the course. Another great course that needs more reviews is Charlie Vettiner in Louisville. Lots of shot variety required to score well. More finesse holes than power but still worth while if you're coming through the area. All three courses show the beautiful trees of Kentucky. Especially at Veteran's Park in Lex.; there is a massive and I mean massive Burr Oak approximately 300+ years old walking to hole #9.
So anyway please play and review these courses and tell what you love or hate about them. And if you're coming to play because of this post leave me a message and I'll play with you.

I was at Veteran's yesterday, Ironworks today. However, I don't think I'm good enough to review a course just yet, b/c they all seem pretty hard to me. haha.

I was at Veteran's yesterday, Ironworks today. However, I don't think I'm good enough to review a course just yet, b/c they all seem pretty hard to me. haha.

You don't have to be good to review a course. Just tell what you like and don't like about it. In fact.... you're probably the perfect person to review courses because you don't have any pre-concieved biases like some of us do.

I encourage you... review!!!!! and review some more!!!!!:D

Amen to that, john. Not every golfer is Barry Schultz, and will understandably liek and dislike different things, based on skill level as well as experience. Diversity of reviews is a good thing!!! Review every course you play, im sure you have an opinion on it!! We would love to hear it!!

Another good way to have your home course reviewed by good players is to post some DGCR flyers at the course, so the good players who already play often at your home courses will find this site and start reviewing local courses

You don't have to be good to review a course. Just tell what you like and don't like about it. In fact.... you're probably the perfect person to review courses because you don't have any pre-concieved biases like some of us do.

I encourage you... review!!!!! and review some more!!!!!:D

Ok, Ok... you've convinced me, I did Ironworks, I'll do Vet's a little later.

I don't consider Winchester or Lexington "Central Kentucky" LOL. I guess it depends on what part of the state you live in. I think Louisville to Owensboro when I think "central."

I don't consider Winchester or Lexington "Central Kentucky" LOL. I guess it depends on what part of the state you live in. I think Louisville to Owensboro when I think "central."

A funny thing is that I grew up in Louisville and they don't really consider it Central Kentucky since it is so close to the river. But I do understand your point. I think the term "Central" is based on the physiographic regions of Kentucky with Lexington and closely surrounding areas being in the Central Bluegrass region. I think Louisville falls in the Bluegrass region as well while Owensboro is considered to be part of the Mississippian Plateau. Probably a lot more than you wanted to know but that was my basis for saying Central Kentucky. I think they also call the Lexington region Central Kentucky on the local news but maybe they say the same thing on Owensboro news channels. I can't say they do for sure since I've never been there. Anyway thanks for reading and replying. Oh and come play our courses. Riney B will destroy you! Maybe!?

Latest posts