• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Embarrassing Disc Golf Story

I started playing with an upset stomach. By hole 7 I was sweating beads and sitting before every tee shot afraid that my x-step would lead to disaster.

By hole 9 I was already scouting places to drop trough in case of emergency.

then hole 10 came and I couldn't hold it no longer and I ran to the thick bushes about 100ft away (thank you sweet and merciful disc golf gods for providing me with a very thick forested local course to play) and I relieved myself.

I walked gingerly straight to my car afterwards. The bad part was that hole 10 was almost 1.5miles away from the parking lot.

i had a similar experience, but i felt fine when i started the round. i found a nice tree to lean against and let 'er rip. fortunately there was no one else on the course. i did have to sacrifice a faithful old towel to the cause, though :gross:

^I'm always weary about finding old disc golf towels in strange places.

i had a similar experience, but i felt fine when i started the round. i found a nice tree to lean against and let 'er rip. fortunately there was no one else on the course. i did have to sacrifice a faithful old towel to the cause, though :gross:

Pretty much this, but replace towel with socks.

^I'm always weary about finding old disc golf towels in strange places.
=Sound advice. You never know where that towel's been... probably don't want to know, either.

When I first started playing seriously a friend and I went to a nearby course that is gigantic, thinking we were hard. On the first tee we meet a group of people from out of town, one of which was girl that was actually pretty sexy. Needless to say I was shocked, and I was happy when I found out that none of us knew where we were going so we were going to play together.

About halfway through the round, after I had lost a couple discs and miffed more drives than I thought possible due to overpowering, we come to a 700+ footer that has about 650 ft of open field to a narrow opening and the basket.The girl mainly threw FH, and after continuing my driving fails on this hole the girl makes the joke, "Man, you throw back hand about as well as me...I can't."

I understand it was a joke, and I can take a ripping and I laughed. Then I almost quit the game. Obviously I didn't, but man...

I have a friend who shook climo's hand during a tourney right after he (the friend) put on sunscreen. He didnt realize what he did until KC started trying to rub it off.

Well i get to add my great embarrissing story. Last night when i was doing field work, i was working on drives. My wife and her mother walked up to me throwing. I told them 3 more. So i threw 3 more and they went accrossed the field. When i went and picked them up her mother was helping me out and went with me. She went to the left and picked up my destroyer. I went to the right and picked up 2 other destroyers. I decided to throw 2 more since i had them in my hand. The first shot i rocketed about 430 feet. My second one knowing that the destroyer is slightly understable i threw to the left on purpuse. problem is my release point was off. I threw it straight and it anhyzered and hit my mother in law in the hip. oops. She didn't fall over but she walked it off. which is pretty amazing i thought. I felt so bad. she now has a bruise on her leg and it is all my fault. :(

I crapped myself during the final round of last years state championship. It wasn't a full out disaster but enough to go behind a tree and find some moss and cleanup then feel all right about it. I was trying to grind a round out so I wasn't gonna stress about it too much. Funny thing is I was in an odd mood and on the next hole told everyone for some reason and got a big laugh. Half a round later I came back from 2 strokes back with two holes to play to win (MA1 so no one thinks I'm the current open champ, that's Tyler G) . So in the end a good, but unique day.

The Valley in Inver Grove hole 3 was one of my many embarrassing moments. My buddy and I walked up with our huge bags full of discs, there were about 7 chuckers each with one or 2 discs at the hole doing what they do there. Oddly they let us play through. My drive with a putter grip locked and hit a tree 8 feet in front of me and landed 3 feet in front of the teepad. I could hear the snickers. I still think about it every time I play that hole.

The Valley in Inver Grove hole 3 was one of my many embarrassing moments. My buddy and I walked up with our huge bags full of discs, there were about 7 chuckers each with one or 2 discs at the hole doing what they do there. Oddly they let us play through. My drive with a putter grip locked and hit a tree 8 feet in front of me and landed 3 feet in front of the teepad. I could hear the snickers. I still think about it every time I play that hole.

That's not as bad as a story I heard about the Great Eastern Am Championships at Tyler SP. One of the guys playing Am1 (I refuse to say his name due to him being a really cool cat and not wanting to scar him for life) was teeing off on one of the holes on the back 9--- (He had been up all night trying to get his gear ready to sell at the tournament the next day). He starts his run up and somewhere in the middle of his tee shot he actually fell asleep. He proceeds to fall forward and then snaps wide awake at the last minute and ended up torquing his body to keep his balance. During the torquing motion he proceeds to release the disc which shoots directly behind him like 50ft into the bushes. He is now throwing two from the bushes 50ft behind the tee pad. We heard about this story from everyone during the lunch break. It was hilarious.

Heh. After a long day of driving, discing, setting up camp, and setting up a glow round at the course we were camping at, my buddy and I started a night round. We got to hole 8, and my drive landed on a steep incline. I scrambled alongside the seam of elevation, made my putt, and then waited for my buddy to putt out.

Next thing I remember is my friend yelling at me all like, "Yo! Hey! Are you asleep?!"

I had passed out, standing up, on a steep incline, holding my driver. Totally asleep. :D :eek:

I'm glad you put the quote box in :|

????

That's cold man....my feelings are hurt now...we are in a fight...you get 5 minutes of the silent treatment. :mad:

Don't worry, your botched throws go as far as my good throws lol

That's not as bad as a story I heard about the Great Eastern Am Championships at Tyler SP. One of the guys playing Am1 (I refuse to say his name due to him being a really cool cat and not wanting to scar him for life) was teeing off on one of the holes on the back 9--- (He had been up all night trying to get his gear ready to sell at the tournament the next day). He starts his run up and somewhere in the middle of his tee shot he actually fell asleep. He proceeds to fall forward and then snaps wide awake at the last minute and ended up torquing his body to keep his balance. During the torquing motion he proceeds to release the disc which shoots directly behind him like 50ft into the bushes. He is now throwing two from the bushes 50ft behind the tee pad. We heard about this story from everyone during the lunch break. It was hilarious.

I remember this too!!

There was a stretch of like 5 months where I went off the teebox 3 times. One was elevated, during a (casual) tourney.

Only thing I hurt was my pride. :|

Luckily that lil' problem seems to have cleared itself up.

No more pride to hurt?

;)

Was at Herman Hill park in Wichita KS for league last year. It was doubles night and hole #6 has OB water along the left side of the fairway. I throw my disc in the water, not too far in, reachable from the shore. My partner that day decides to be nice and go retrieve it for me. As he bends down to reach in and retrieve the disc he forgets to take his bag off and every single disc in his bag falls out into the river and starts floating away. He immediately jumps in and gets all that he could. All of us were on the ground in tears from laughing so hard.

Worst moment: Standing in line to use the men's restroom with 20 minutes to go before the 2nd round was to begin, I decided to use the women's bathroom instead. The rented lunch was about to expire and I couldn't wait any longer. I took a quick look around and saw the entire women's field (5 of them) all standing by their car about 200' away. Thought about it, then with 18 mintues to go, I took another peak at the women and they were still at their car so I ran into the women's bathroom. 1 minute later, all of them come walking up to the door and I hear someone say " there is a dude in there"" If I could have flushed myself down the toilet at that moment, I would have. I had a sour stomach and had just peeled the paint off the inside walls and I knew I had to walk right past all of them on my way out.