• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Most essential Lat64 discs?

I've tried quite a few of them and have gotten rid of all but the saint. Even that isn't essential. And the XXX is not qualified to be Firebirds understudy and perform in the afternoon matinee let alone the prime time show.

Flow and Saint, they will never leave the bag.

^^^Dude, are you a wizard? I was about to same the same exact thing. These 2 discs are the bee's knee's and account for about 90% of my drives. Flow is hands down the easiest distance I have found and the Saint is just a lazer beam of a disc.

I also love the trident; I don't consider it a driver or a mid-range, it's a utitlity disc that can get you out of some bad spots and is irreplacable when you need it.

XXX (better Firebird, let the flaming ensue).

I wouldn't say it is a better firebird but its much more consistent. There are many varieities of firebirds. The ones that come closest to the xXx are the 11x and FAF Stiff 12x. I can throw my xXx into a headwind full force and it just laughs at it though. I love driving with it for spike hyzers or shorter drives. It's fade is very predictable

id have to say Fuse and Trident for sure. I enjoy throwing the riot, but it is not must have

Trident has been mentioned numerous times. IMO, it is truly a unique disc. Although there are discs that are mildly similar (Whippet, Viper, Extreme, Zone), I feel that it really stands out, especially in wind-fighting capabilities. The blunt, fat rim is slow but penetrating. If I'm facing a 30+ mph headwind, the only disc I will reach for is the Trident. It won't go far...but it will go the right direction and is predictable.

I've tried quite a few of them and have gotten rid of all but the saint. Even that isn't essential. And the XXX is not qualified to be Firebirds understudy and perform in the afternoon matinee let alone the prime time show.

Please see the response below as to why the XXX is awesome.

dgfanatic7 I wouldn't say it is a better firebird but its much more consistent. There are many varieities of firebirds. The ones that come closest to the xXx are the 11x and FAF Stiff 12x. I can throw my xXx into a headwind full force and it just laughs at it though. I love driving with it for spike hyzers or shorter drives. It's fade is very predictable

XXX is a beast. But a nice glow FAF Firechicken is USDA Prime compared to some XXX USDA Choice.

Why limit yourself to just lat64 when you can check out the molds from DD and Westside in the same plastics?

Essentials from these three for me would be what's in the 5-6 disc bags.

Trespass but you said you don't like high speed drivers so I would say a Trident/XxX for anything you need in a headwind or to finish hard left. Also great for flicks or overhand shots.

Saint, because you asked for essential and it pairs great with the River you already have.

Underworld from westside would be another I would recommend because it rounds out that fairway trio nice with a Saint and River. You can cover every fairway driver shot with those three.

I'd also add a straight to OS midrange to go with your fuse. I like the DD suspect best but the mace or pain from Lat64 are nice discs also.

Fury. Longer Cyclone/Eagle style disc. I'm getting some of my longest drives with this thing.

I use pures, rivers, saints and flows (and DD Renegades)

Pures and Rivers are the top two.

Saints, i try to get rid of them, the more i use them, the more i love them. The saint is the Comet of fairway drivers. It goes where you tell it.

Flows i just added, and while the final verdict is still out, it is a straight flying distance driver that is easy to throw, and every day i'm getting it out farther and farther.

People give Cores a bad reputation around here, but the newer runs are very reliable mid-ranges and true to the first run flight patterns that people fell in love with.

oh and for what it's worth, i prefer firebirds over xxx's.

These are the ones I enjoy and will be in the bag for a long time.

River
XxX
Trident
Fuse
Mace
Sinus
Pure
Spike

Can anyone comment about a comparison between a Saint and a Volt, which I already have bagged?

As for a Flow, the only thing I really have in that speed range are Wraiths, an Archon, and I guess an Avenger SS, but that's pretty different stability wise.

I do have a Trespass by the way, someone mentioned that.

I would say saint for sure. if you like a valkyrie type disc in that swedish plastic. i would say that is your best bet