• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most new courses you have played in one day?

I did 4 this past weekend. I played the IDGC Ironman (Steady Ed, Warner, and Jackson) before lunch, went back to my hotel, did some homework for school, then played Riverview. Got the 2 at the Hippodrome the next day.

I'd say that the 54 holes at the IDGC is equal to about any one day (80 holes/7 or 8 courses) of those mostly flat Minnesota courses. Those IDGC courses are for real men only!

Nah, Ashleigh and I did the three IDGC courses after lunch, and after playing Patriots, Pendleton King and Lake Olmstead in the morning. They're not easy courses but the walk isn't any bigger than a lot of moderately hilly courses out there.

I've done 12-13 in a day. All off the I-5 freeway in Oregon. From grants pass to Portland. I could of gotten more in but I told the wife I would stop at a certain time.

Must be an understanding Mrs. Lion you have there. My wife DOES NOT COME along on disc golf trips. She has on occasion spotted for me.

Nah, Ashleigh and I did the three IDGC courses after lunch, and after playing Patriots, Pendleton King and Lake Olmstead in the morning. They're not easy courses but the walk isn't any bigger than a lot of moderately hilly courses out there.

They just plum killed me but I had played a couple course earlier and it was hot as hell. But I guess the most basic problem is, they were just too difficult for my limited disc golf skills. Way too long and tight for me!

They just plum killed me but I had played a couple course earlier and it was hot as hell. But I guess the most basic problem is, they were just too difficult for my limited disc golf skills. Way too long and tight for me!

I thought Houck's course there was the epitome of what DG should be for the pro player (I'm not there, but I only shot +2 I think). It was long and semi wooded, but had clear fairways that were truly fair. They weren't ridiculously tight, but they punished you if you didn't throw A good line. Not THE good line, but a good shot. In my mind, that is the disc equivalent of a good ball golf course. In ball golf, a shot that is off the fairway forces the player to make a tougher shot, but not necessarily one that erases his chance of a solid par. Some courses I've played, if you miss the intended line, you're guaranteed a bogey or worse. There is a reason Houck is one of the best (if not THE best) designers ever.

I thought Houck's course there was the epitome of what DG should be for the pro player (I'm not there, but I only shot +2 I think). It was long and semi wooded, but had clear fairways that were truly fair. They weren't ridiculously tight, but they punished you if you didn't throw A good line. Not THE good line, but a good shot. In my mind, that is the disc equivalent of a good ball golf course. In ball golf, a shot that is off the fairway forces the player to make a tougher shot, but not necessarily one that erases his chance of a solid par. Some courses I've played, if you miss the intended line, you're guaranteed a bogey or worse. There is a reason Houck is one of the best (if not THE best) designers ever.

I loved that course! Played it and half of Jim Warner before my 40-year-old arm couldn't take it anymore (I had played ALL of the Hippodrome the day before), so I left in hopes to return the next day.

It was uncharacteristically cold for Georgia in April, and rainy, and my last chance to play in Augusta. I showed up anyway and ended up just walking Steady Ed due to the terrible weather/cashed arm. Booo! It sure looked awesome, though.

The day before I played those four monsters, I played IUP, Deer Lakes, and Linbrook twice in the same heat. I was hoping to make it four more courses the next day, Beatty Park, The Black and Yellow Courses, and Seven Springs, but when I woke up that day I could barely move my stiff muscles and had some serious chafing.

The day before I played Orange Crush and Seth Burton, I played Whispering Falls, and Woodshed, and then Whipping Post which I ran most of the course due to it getting dark. I had to deal with all kinds of muscle spasms on OC and SB, I didn't think I was going to make it home.

I've played most of those courses. That's a ton of fun all together. The Black Couese would've been a bear the next day, it's so long. The Yellow Course and Beatty aren't much though.

Eight? I think...thought it was nine but I'm drawing a blank:

Maryknoll
Molex
Avery
4 Lakes
Castaldo
O'Brien
Knoch Knolls
Volunteer
I think you thought it was 9 becasue we kept calling it the "Nine-hole Hell tour." We really should have made shirts. :|

While not a ton of courses and not in one day, I just got back from a road trip playing 8 courses within five days while driving 2,000 miles from Pittsburgh to Kansas City and back. While I didn't rack up a lot of courses by most of your standards, it was the most in a short period by far that I have played in my short career. I played a bunch of the best courses out there - Kentucky's top two rated in Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge, Indiana's top rated in Seviren Lang, Illinois' top rated Foundation Park and it's rec course,Missouri's top rated in Water Works, and a simple 9-holer in Kansas. Five states in four (one day in the middle without a round) days was an awesome experience.

Big Al, I'm assuming that was not just a disc golf trip. But you certainly got to play some top courses along the way. I've been playing forever and would love to hit Water Works and Idelwild.

I do better on courses designed by people who have never played disc golf. I'm just a wimp!

Ya, had a 2-day conference in KC, so I was pressed for time. I was very lucky to have so many top courses right along my route though. Idlewild and Water Works are both worth traveling far to play, and both have other awesome courses nearby.

new personal record this weekend. 6 on a spin through charlotte. it was really tight, with the early sunset this time of the year and we were racing towards albemarle at the end but worth it as fox chase was the highlight of the day.

i have some 4 course days planned for the enxt few months but i doubt i come near that 6 for a long time

I've had multiple 3 courses on a day. At least 5 days with 3 courses.

1 - 9 hole played thrice
1 - 6 hole
1 - 12 hole
2 - 18 hole
Slept like a rock on the way home. Next time someone else can drive.

Ashleigh and I had another 8 course day last weekend, including 350 miles of driving.

Nah, we don't like to play courses we haven't seen before in the dark.

we played 6 once.. that was 1 too many.

It gets really mentally frustrating after a while when you don't know exactly where tees/pins/paths are!