• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Most OS Innova slow disc?

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Looking for the beefiest beefcake that Innova ever baked, preferably in speed 3 or less. Pig? Aviar x3?

I would lean towards the Pig. I've never thrown one but they've been making some for Ricky over the past year. So there's other options than an R-Pro (soft).

The AX3 is a really good mold. I tested it out a Star & it was really good for FH & BH. I just preferred to use two different molds / Berg for FH & PA1 for BH.

Blizzard PIG and HAWG is the most OS Innova putters i have thrown. . HAWG is the 2nd most OS putter i own, and i have +100

I would also recommend a Pig. For me they are totally reliable for all kinds of shots. Love them for touch FH upshots, putting in strong winds, off the tee, or anything really. MF Gator is also a good option for the same reasons. I recently got a Viper out of a local used bin. It is a bit faster but way OS. It is a lot of fun to throw. There are not too many discs out there with positive turn numbers.

I have a Hawg and was pretty disappointed with it. Hoping the flight would be similar to my pig but it wasn't. Been too long since I tossed it to tell you why I didn't like it. Not sure if it matters but my pig is board flat and the hawg has a moderate dome to it.

The Blizzard Pigs are the most overstable Pigs. I will say all of them I've owned/seen are domey. The Ricky Tour Series and puddle top R-Pro Pigs are the second and third most beefy Pigs. I prefer the latter two plastic types. Though I like my overstable approach discs to be flat or puddle topped.

One other idea: Innova makes the Infinite Discs brand discs, and they just came out with the Ruin. It's very overstable, like the Zone but even more brick-ish. It may not be the most overstable Innova disc, but it's pretty darn overstable. Check it out.

Another vote for Pigs. have a couple of flat R Pros and a Flat Wysocki and they are pretty overstable and have drop when they lose speed. Such a consistent disc and the thumbtrac feels nice as well.