• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Overstable Discs?

eYxXd9QA35pXMluSZ2Ssq_cbk2WYo03V8SYKcJ20RgvrpMVaQv7Hu18GZZpARLHBIqUhTvIDZlUihvm0IBfNnbRPm2wBhrSTQREbvtLBB2yaFMMx4vlHoohPtAkwLdfmuBuH1nYbfs0hIwjm_GI

Max
Monster
Firebird
Whippet
Viper
Gator
Pig

don't really know what the discraft comparisons really are. Monster = Flick ? Firebird = Pred.? Gator = Drone?

anyone have the others? I'd like to know.

I throw a lot of overstable discs and have noticed subtle differences in the discs that I carry. I have firebirds, xcals, Bosses, a max, a trident, and a XXX. All in Champ or equiv plastic, all max weight. I have turned them all over into unintentional rollers with headwind with the exception of the XXX. I have thrown champ whippets, spirits, extremes, rages, flicks, predators. The xxx is the most overstable out of these. Weight and plastic are big factors in glide, stablity, and life span. At lower speeds these differences are not noticed. you may not need the "most overstable" driver out there.

Long: Speed Demon
Medium: RAM
Short: Pig

I threw an RHOH with a Speed Demon to cut a corner over some trees, and to theoretically fade right toward the basket a few weeks ago. I threw the crap out of it pretty much 90° to the ground, and it never even remotely turned. Landed on the ground 250' away, still 90° to the ground and rolled straight, and eventually LEFT, OB. It's that overstable.

there is also the question of flight path. Some discs start to fade right away and curve slowly throughout its flight. Others go straight for a while and curve hard at the end. Some drop as soon as they start their fade while others glide through the fade pushing them further laterally.

I threw an ice clear max weight proto type Halo that was stupid stable. It was like i was joking around and just threw this thing to prove it was more stable then anything else around. I had a pro Paul Mcbeth throw it once and he didnt turn it over so I felt proud since he has thrown 700 feet plus in competition.

The typical halo has a little wiggle in it (turn) and is not true overstable. I'm not sure what that proto type was but it surely wasn't like the GL Halo I flipped and lost off a mountain. I thought it was stable until that wind blew.

it's been said a bunch, try a whippet. or a viper. get a few in dx and your set, even if they beat in they are still stable enough for any shot on a windy day.

I have a goldline halo and it is not stable. I think the design was tweeked a little and the proto was super flat and almost concave alittle bit. Flatter then my flick. it was surprising to say the least.

The typical halo has a little wiggle in it (turn) and is not true overstable. I'm not sure what that proto type was but it surely wasn't like the GL Halo I flipped and lost off a mountain. I thought it was stable until that wind blew.

2.2 thats pretty high on the Discraft scale!

Attachments

• Scanned Photo-4-1.jpeg
    Scanned Photo-4-1.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
Glow Champion Firebird.

They fly like 11x and are super durable. I've had one in my bag for at least 2 years now and it's still a meathook. If you can't find one, bribe your area TD to order some for their next tournament.