• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Underrated Disc Ever!

XD. A classic disc without a current following. Both champ and dx ones are great, even though they are totally different discs.

As a second entry I say Mako. I just recently got one and it is my most thrown disc now.

Yeah XD love here too. I have 3 in my bag at all times. Sweet fast putter for everything from driving to putting. It might as well be a mid as far as speed goes. In Champ it holds any line and I can bomb a hyzer flip with the dx ones.

I could go along with the EXP, Aurora MS and the Archangel. But personally I say the Aero is most underrated. It's so universal, it makes everything else look like a specialty disc. It's a great for a one disc round. It's also a shame that very few people throw it.

Champ Panther. Not sure where you're from but around the west michigan lakeshore I never see anyone throwing it but me. Love it! :thmbup:

I really like the Champion Spider, the smaller diameter of it can help with some tight shots.

Ha I was coming here to post either champ panther or champ spider. My main 2 mids. Spider for straighter shots and panther for more "finesse" shots/annies

Last edited:
This thread is always funny because people always end up listing some of the discs I'd consider to be the most overrated discs ever. ;)

The Aurora is a good one.

IMO the Blaze is way more underrated than the Whippet. It flies really similarly, comes in better baseline plastic and is a regular production model in high end plastic.

The Timberwolf is another one, too.

I can't tell if the Striker is underrated or not. It got a lot of attention when it came out but no one talks about it anymore.

The Viking might be up there, too.

elite-x Xpress - This is actually a great disc it does everything from a hyzer, anhyzer, hyzer flip, straight bomb and you can even roll it!

The Pulse!!! Everybody say's that it sucks, but they fly so nice for me BH or FH.
I throw a first run that is money.

I don't know if the Pulse is THE most underrated disc out there, but I've never seen anyone else throw them but me. I love my Pulse. Fearless in a headwind. Dead straight out to 300 when I need it. Big hyzers too. Like a Flick's faster brother. I have 3, the one I throw is as slim and flat as a Flick; its almost concave. The others are a bit domey and do not fly the same.

I like the Monarch, and I don't hear anything about them anymore. I think the Groove may have killed it, which is sad because the Monarch is a good disc. I'd take it over the Archon or Wahoo any day.

The Assassin - it's a very straight disc that goes far without a lot of effort.

Most under-rated plastic ever is the original Discraft Elite.

Polaris LS in baseline plastic. I've got one that is beat out of round and almost square and it's my straghtest throwing longest throwing disc. Mybe I just suck so bad that I need the extra-understableness to counter my crappy throw but I love these discs and I don't hesitate to pick them up whenever I can find them.

I am suprised there has not been any love for the XS. Really one of the easiest to bomb discs ever made. Like a lower profile Valk.

I'll go with the Flash. I know a lot of people like them, but I still think it is underrated.

I'm with you on this one. My vote goes to the Champion Banshee's of the world.

Another underrated mold I use and have friends that use is the Beast. Lots of "noobs" throw them as a first disc, but not too many experienced players I see bother to carry them. Most people go straight from fairway speed 7's (or even mid-range) to speed 12's, but I find that I can get more distance from the Beast in calm wind situations.

Also I've got another friend that swears by his ESP Pulse... He actually won't go play a round because he lost both of his in one round! Perfectly seasoned, hiding in a runoff creek somewhere. For shame.

Um... Are you me? I agree with everything said here.:thmbup:

Latest posts