• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unique holes played in one day

oldfartdiscer

My son and I played 232 different holes on June 16, 2015. We call it the Summer Solstice Disc Golf Marathon. I was wondering if there were any other Wisconsin disc golfers who do this and if they have played more holes than we have?

My son and I played 232 different holes on June 16, 2015. We call it the Summer Solstice Disc Golf Marathon. I was wondering if there were any other Wisconsin disc golfers who do this and if they have played more holes than we have?

Courses? Transportation? Start/Stop time? Details!

We played 20 courses starting at Memorial Park in Cascade and ended at Kiwanis Park in New Holstein. We hit all the courses in that circle including Rolling Ridge. We drove and started playing at 4:30 and ended at 8:30.

We played 20 courses starting at Memorial Park in Cascade and ended at Kiwanis Park in New Holstein. We hit all the courses in that circle including Rolling Ridge. We drove and started playing at 4:30 and ended at 8:30.

So I'm assuming this means you played a bunch of different layouts at Rollin' Ridge...

Sans details, this is pretty much meaningless. :|

:popcorn:

Sans details, this is pretty much meaningless. :|

:popcorn:

I wouldn't say meaningless, but I might appreciate some details as well.

I think I get a sense for the circle that was taken (a whole year ago - also curious to hear if you played the same route this year). I assume you traveled through Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and headed South again at Forest Junction.

Also, in looking for the "circle" that you referred to, I noticed that the mileage range provided in the course map browser provides a rectangular range instead of a circular range. It appears to extend a bit farther north and south than it does east and west. Has anybody else noticed this?

I live in Plymouth, which is pretty much right in the range. I LOVE bagging courses, and playing a **** ton of holes, but at some point racing through holes just to do it gets old.

I wonder how many discs were left behind in the sake of time. There's also a good amount of driving involved, so like I said before, I'm assuming multiple layouts were played at certain courses.

I'm not in WI, but I do pretty much the same thing here. In fact, I had plans to do it tomorrow. Weather and other circumstances aren't going to allow for it to happen.

Got 223 holes on 17 different courses last year. Was aiming to eclipse the 250 mark this time.

Started in West Bend, did Riverside and Kettle Moraine. Then Cascade, Jackson Elementary School, Vollrath, Pigeon Elementary, Quarry Park, Sheboygan Lions, Howards Grove HS, Cleveland Elementary, LTC, Silver Creek (holes 6,7,8 closed with downed trees), Indian Creek, Picnic Hill, Cato Falls, Oschwald (skipped hole 4), Hingiss and Plymouth. we started at 5 and ended at 8:15. looking at dong 265 next year.

You finished a half block from my house.

That's an aggressive day. Just out of curiosity, what's the impetus behind it? Just to do it, or an exercise thing?

last I knew the record for this was 328 holes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and we wanted to see if we could beat that. plus we really like playing all the different courses. it's like road trip disc golf.

At least for this next week ;)

Crap. I kind-of wanted to hold this record before Schnabel got to it. Guess I had my chance the last couple years and didn't follow through. I could beat 380. I won't beat whatever you guys put it at.

Are you doing sunrise/sunset? Or civil twilight on both ends? Or 24 hours? The "most different holes" has NOT been a 24-hour record.....which I like.....though it's obviously informal.