• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

Hornet (generally a Z

Hornet is in and out of my bag. Currently in since I dropped the Wasp for a Buzzz. Aside from the ace race ESP, I think it's only available in Z plastic. Heavier ones have some kind of weighting agent, I've seen it referred to as ZSP.

Innova RAM. ITB for twenty years. 6 RAM aces to date worth around a grand. Never play DG without one. Thanks for the laughs guys and gals. Back to lurking.

I used to throw them a lot back in the '90s. Recently took an old-mold one and bagged it again. What was I thinking not carrying one?

Incidentally, can you IMAGINE if Innova released a Champion Ram like they did the Barracuda a few years ago? OMG, I'd be all over that one. I'm guessing it could topple trees!

I guess my most unusual disc that I routinely use would be the Discraft Glide in Z plastic. I use it for most of my approach shots. I think I can count on one hand how many times I have ran into anyone else using that disc in the last several years at my local course.

I keep a DX Condor in the bag, mostly to use as a spacer, but I pull it out for gentle turnovers 200' and in

Champion Panther (old flat top one). Probably not that rare overall, but I have yet to run into another open guy chucking the panther. It may be my favorite sub 300 woods disc.

I keep a DX Condor in the bag, mostly to use as a spacer, but I pull it out for gentle turnovers 200' and in

Just got spanked by a guy who decided to bring like 6 condors to a weekly league. No putter. We were playing cali singles at a pitch and putt and he took the win with a 14 down. There was one hole over 350 and he threw a cut roller to about 35, but missed the putt.

Call me weird, but I really dig Champion Spiders. My reasoning is that since they are a tiny bit smaller around than most mids, over a few years of throwing in the woods, that difference in diameter will spare me one or two tree hits. Also, they are not glidey, so they're great for hurling to a specific spot and then not going any farther.

I put a seasoned Champ Beast in the bag this past weekend. Not old mold or new old mold. Great hyzerflipper

I love the original/ old old mold / X, whichever you want to call it. Surprisingly common in this area. The new old / L was not accepted though.

Considering that I bag mostly Innova, either the Alpha or a Super Durable S-Line X-config PD. Believe it or not, there's 3 Groove throwers in my league and another guy putts with a pair of wolves.

I think the most common disc is the Rhyno, at least 8 guys including myself use them.

I keep a star Max in the bag for forehand rollers. Don't see many star maxes out there

Yeah JT made a good point about the whole 'all roads lead to Rome' thing but I think he was just talking about the corporate side. For the average person it's just a giant rainbow and the paint is still wet. It'd be okay if they hung signs but nobody cares enough about the little guy anymore.

I'm just so tired of getting coupons for things that don't exist.

5+ years ago I would've said the zone but now I would probably go with an MVP Inertia or a Banger GT

Latest posts