• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moved to Durham NC

hAndyMan

Moved to Durham a few months back (from Los Angeles) and am looking to get back into DG (it's been like 6 months since I last played). Any suggestions on leagues or meetups nearby? Had a partner out in LA but none out here yet.

thanks!

Dan

There are 3 or 4 groups, This one TCP, www.trianglechainposse.com/. There is one in Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill Disc Golf Club, and I am sure there is something in Durham.

TCP is in the middle of Glow right now and the web site covers all the events. Chapel Hill runs stuff through the year. I have not done any thing with the Raleigh Disc Golf but there is a Facebook link you can locate. TCP has a Facebook thing as well. I don't mess with Facebook so I would be of little help. Oddly, I have a degree in Computer Engineering and I do nothing with Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc.

Good Luck

TCP will play Kentwood next week at 7pm on Wednesday. Glow moves each week we will do 2 or 3 course in Durham along with all the others in the area. Arrive about 6:30pm and sign-up.

Why limit yourself to Durham? Get out there....North Carolina disc golf rules.

No doubt. I can't speak for the local disc golf scene, but you're well-placed for some great day-trips.

Moved to Durham a few months back (from Los Angeles) and am looking to get back into DG (it's been like 6 months since I last played). Any suggestions on leagues or meetups nearby? Had a partner out in LA but none out here yet.

thanks!

Dan

I used to be an officer of the BCDC (Bull City Disc Club), it is a great club. They play random doubles at Cornwallis and Valley Springs every week, during winter I think it is still Cornwallis Saturday and Valley Sunday at 10 a.m. They also do a 2-round singles mini once a month, I think the first weekend, that rotates between those two courses. There are also usually weekly events at the UNC course, but I don't know the details on those.

BCDC is awesome because they use the money raised at doubles, minis, and their PDGA tourneys (usually 2 a year) to upkeep and improve the courses. For example, when I was there we built and installed a bridge over a small creek to a long box, which it turned out the neighbors also loved because it made it easier for them to access the park.

http://www.bullcitydiscclub.com/

Last edited:

Latest posts