• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

I wonder how easy it would be to have an annual DGCR top 10? Seems like it can take so long for good courses to get onto the overall top 10 here, and we've all discussed the fact that older reviews propping up traditional top 10 courses may not reflect current conditions/reviews. There could still be a threshold, say at least 4 or 5 reviews from trusted reviewers.

Just looking for some way I guess to better highlight some of these great up and coming courses.

I wonder how easy it would be to have an annual DGCR top 10? Seems like it can take so long for good courses to get onto the overall top 10 here, and we've all discussed the fact that older reviews propping up traditional top 10 courses may not reflect current conditions/reviews. There could still be a threshold, say at least 4 or 5 reviews from trusted reviewers.

Just looking for some way I guess to better highlight some of these great up and coming courses.

I think Tim does that every year.

This site used to publish an annual Top 10, consisting of only reviews from the just-completed year and with a lower threshold (10, I think). For all I know, it may still be somewhere and I haven't seen it. It didn't supplant the overall Top 10 on the home page, but was interesting to see.

Edit: Biscoe beat me to it. I thought I had this time of morning to myself.

Diavolo was THE course I was originally thinking might snag a top ten spot next. Almost everything I've heard about it has been nothing but glowing praise.

Well then let me be the first. It's a really nice course. But too many ~300 foot hyzers and simply not hard enough from the tips to be world class. Nathan Queen shot 17 down on the 22-hole layout, I believe the first time he played it.

Ultimately a poor man's Maple Hill. Which is fine! But maybe not Top 10.

Well then let me be the first. It's a really nice course. But too many ~300 foot hyzers and simply not hard enough from the tips to be world class. Nathan Queen shot 17 down on the 22-hole layout, I believe the first time he played it.

Keep in mind, Nathan played Diavolo with course designer Jay Pontier (and Sadie :D), so I'm sure Jay told him where to go, and where not to go. Being a Pro, I'm sure he could hit all the spots he needed to. I doubt he was playing it blind.

This site used to publish an annual Top 10, consisting of only reviews from the just-completed year and with a lower threshold (10, I think). For all I know, it may still be somewhere and I haven't seen it. It didn't supplant the overall Top 10 on the home page, but was interesting to see.

Edit: Biscoe beat me to it. I thought I had this time of morning to myself.

Is this still available to view?

Last edited:
Thanks for the searching tips! So here is a list of all courses, installed since 2015, currently rated 4.5 or better (highest at the top), with a minimum of 5 reviews. There were 20 total. Some, like Harmony, obviously have enough votes to make the main top 10 list, but I thought this would be helpful to see if you are within shouting distance of a top course you were otherwise unaware of.

Lake Marshall - The Lions******* Montross, VA
Harmony Bends DGC**** Columbia, MO
Persimmon Ridge DGC***** Greenbier, AR
Caliber DGC******* Sandpoint, ID
501 Disc Golf**** Warren, MA
Clover Cliff Ranch***** Elmdale, KS
Hanna Hills DGC***** Laquey, MO
Wilderness DGC****** Montello, WI
Lake Marshall - The Lair****** Montross, VA
Muddy Run DGC***** Holtwood, PA
VisionQuest***** Cedar, MN
Mayflower Hills******* Roanoke, VA
Hobbs Farm Park***** Carrollton, GA
Airborn Disc Golf - Timberwolf*** Clearwater, MN
Langley Pond DiscGolfPark*** Burnettown, SC
Branson Trails - Blue****** Branson, MO
Chains Edge - Green**** Ogilvie, MN
Parc des Familles DGC***** Marrero, LA
Canaan Riverbend DGC****** Rock Hill, SC
The Preserve DGC****** Perkasie, PA

Thanks for the searching tips! So here is a list of all courses, installed since 2015, currently rated 4.5 or better (highest at the top), with a minimum of 5 reviews. There were 20 total. Some, like Harmony, obviously have enough votes to make the main top 10 list, but I thought this would be helpful to see if you are within shouting distance of a top course you were otherwise unaware of.

Lake Marshall - The Lions******* Montross, VA
Harmony Bends DGC**** Columbia, MO
Persimmon Ridge DGC***** Greenbier, AR
Caliber DGC******* Sandpoint, ID
501 Disc Golf**** Warren, MA
Clover Cliff Ranch***** Elmdale, KS
Hanna Hills DGC***** Laquey, MO
Wilderness DGC****** Montello, WI
Lake Marshall - The Lair****** Montross, VA
Muddy Run DGC***** Holtwood, PA
VisionQuest***** Cedar, MN
Mayflower Hills******* Roanoke, VA