• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

It's a glitch that happens whenever there is movement in top 10...nothing to do with pics.

Interesting that there must have been review updates to switch Tyler East and Rollin Ridge, since no new reviews were made. I don't disagree with the swap, but interesting.

Interesting that there must have been review updates to switch Tyler East and Rollin Ridge, since no new reviews were made. I don't disagree with the swap, but interesting.
buchajs1 just changed it from a 5 to a 4.5.

tyler locals got butt hurt when dgcr wouldn't let them keep their old page after adding holes and making it two courses, so they've been holding out. at least that my understanding of the situation. I agree with dgcr. even though the holes are 1-36, it's very rare anyone is going to play all of them together as one course. Also, tyler jumped up from 10th to 3rd or 4th since the split, so I'm sure the locals are happy now.

I would think it's a bit of a missed blessing. Pride in being in #3 or 4 in the country but that will just draw even more crowds.

I'm curious how much they changed the course. I played it a couple years ago and thought it was very good but not better than Harmon.

I would think it's a bit of a missed blessing. Pride in being in #3 or 4 in the country but that will just draw even more crowds.

I'm curious how much they changed the course. I played it a couple years ago and thought it was very good but not better than Harmon.

Played it last fall and it's definitely fun, but I prefer every other course I've played that's currently in the Top 20 (both Selahs, Flip, Rollin Ridge, Harmon Hills, Idlewild, Highbridge x2, Beaver Ranch). A solid 4.5 IMHO, but giving it a 5 seems way too gracious.

The East course has 16 of the original holes plus 2 new holes.

Very nice course but not top 10 IMO, although I'd probably rather play Tyler than Maple Hill. Harmon is better than both.

Not sure why I still bother to look at these types of posts. Locals inflate reviews; outsiders have biases based on what they're used to playing. I used to think it would cool to plan a trip to play all the top 10 or 20 courses. But now when I travel somewhere I just look for the top rated courses anything over a 4 is certainly worth playing.

I think every time I travel from now on I will post a thread asking for suggestions. Any course with a revuew from a 1 played 1 reviewed reviewer saying it is the best of the best is ridiculous.

I think every time I travel from now on I will post a thread asking for suggestions. Any course with a revuew from a 1 played 1 reviewed reviewer saying it is the best of the best is ridiculous.

i mean sure, if you want 6-7 replies from people saying what their favorite courses are and completely ignoring the travel plans you just described,

If the reviews keep going this way, Harmony Bends in Colombia, MO is bound to crack the top 10.
It's a John Houck design... could be legit.

Haven't played it, but I'm considering a KC road trip with my son (Tigers vs Royals on Memorial Day)... no way I wouldn't give this place a visit.

Last edited:
Boy, that snuck in under the radar. Never heard much chatter about it, anywhere.

just noticed a new one on the front page: Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail in Homer, LA
congrats to it. anyone want to attest to its legitimacy? never been to the south personally and it sounds too hot in the summer.

I personally think it's overrated even though I really like it. Anyone with more than about 320' of power will use a DD two times maybe. There are zero open holes. I know many dislike those, but I do not. It's not in my top 5 in this state.

Latest posts