• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

New entry at No. 10 after a very brief 5.0 review.

Not exactly a "new" entry - Hawk Hollow has been in and out of the top 10 for years. For good reason, IMO - :D

Review says played in June 2017.
I'd say Tim should make it so no one can submit a review for a course they last played over 12 mos ago, but it wouldn't be effective.

Once their submission alerts them that the played date is too long ago, they'd just change it to something recent enough to pass.

At least this way, we can see the "truth" and judge for ourselves.

Just make sure you mention how bad the cow pattie situation is in the course conditions

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to why Järva, apparently a wet dream of a course (pardon my french), has only 6 out of 22 reviews receiving more up-votes than down-votes? It seems like there's a dedicated group of people intent on down-voting most reviews, especially recent ones. Is this some sort of local-troll effort to dissuade people from going there so they can install their cemetery? Or to put it another way, why are there so many short uninformative reviews? Another local grass-roots effort from the other side?

Just curious, I doubt I'll ever make it over there to play it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight as to why Järva, apparently a wet dream of a course (pardon my french), has only 6 out of 22 reviews receiving more up-votes than down-votes? It seems like there's a dedicated group of people intent on down-voting most reviews, especially recent ones. Is this some sort of local-troll effort to dissuade people from going there so they can install their cemetery? Or to put it another way, why are there so many short uninformative reviews? Another local grass-roots effort from the other side?

Just curious, I doubt I'll ever make it over there to play it.

when the city announced they were closing the course there was a large, grassroots movement by the locals to bring attention to the course. a petition was going around for awhile and many people (mostly Swedes?) began posting reviews, presumably to raise the rating and get it in the top 10 so they could show the city how popular the course is.

i think a lot of people on here didn't appreciate the brevity of the reviews and gave a lot of thumbs down. it was definitely a marketing campaign and they are drive-by reviews but in this case i don't have a problem with it. it's for a good cause.

i have been seriously considering planning a quick trip just to play Jarva since i heard the news but it's just not in the budget. getting to soon-to-be-RIP'ed courses has become a hobby for me but it's a whole lot easier when it's just a state or two away.

when the city announced they were closing the course there was a large, grassroots movement by the locals to bring attention to the course. a petition was going around for awhile and many people (mostly Swedes?) began posting reviews, presumably to raise the rating and get it in the top 10 so they could show the city how popular the course is.

i think a lot of people on here didn't appreciate the brevity of the reviews and gave a lot of thumbs down. it was definitely a marketing campaign and they are drive-by reviews but in this case i don't have a problem with it. it's for a good cause.

i have been seriously considering planning a quick trip just to play Jarva since i heard the news but it's just not in the budget. getting to soon-to-be-RIP'ed courses has become a hobby for me but it's a whole lot easier when it's just a state or two away.

See King Park, Pendleton for the reason local, biased reviews get a bevy of thumb down votes.

Flip City in Shelby Mi. is overrated imho.

every course is overrated by locals

Rated 4.84 by 221 Reviewers....
4.83 by 60 Trusted Reviewers.

Which brings me to the only possible conclusion---that there sure are a lot of disc golfers around Shelby MI who travel a lot, play and review a lot of courses, even though they love their home course and could be tempted to stay put. Such an amazing congregation of TRs in one place!

Rated 4.84 by 221 Reviewers....
4.83 by 60 Trusted Reviewers.

Which brings me to the only possible conclusion---that there sure are a lot of disc golfers around Shelby MI who travel a lot, play and review a lot of courses, even though they love their home course and could be tempted to stay put. Such an amazing congregation of TRs in one place!

Claim maker hasn't even played Flip...

Latest posts