• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Is there some way to flag that course as dilapidated/neglected/etc?

I'm guessing the Course Conditions must have an expiration date, someone had to have updated them at some point, right? Someone who's played it recently should update them as a warning to the rest of us!

Yes. Check local clubs Facebook pages. It's always going to be more accurate than a national/international website.

I think the best way to communicate that on DGCR is the "course wall." But it doesn't seem like too many people use it. :\

Yeah... I have only looked at one ever I think...

It seems silly to have the course description say "Impeccably maintained course with open holes, several water carries and two peninsula greens" when the course is becoming notoriously unmaintained. Guess that's why you gotta read the reviews, heh.

Everyone has their own take. I agree that Flip is not a top 10 or 25 course in the country. The reviewer has some consistency problems, IMO. Looking at a couple other of his reviewed courses, that I have played, his ratings don't add up correctly, again IMO.

I don't care much about ratings or rankings, I did not find his review very helpful though.

Is there some way to flag that course as dilapidated/neglected/etc?

I'm guessing the Course Conditions must have an expiration date, someone had to have updated them at some point, right? Someone who's played it recently should update them as a warning to the rest of us!

Course conditions do not expire, I have come across some that are years old.

Update the course conditions, although when they are more than a few weeks old, I usually ignore them. I can't tell you how many times I see some that say the course is flooded or overgrown or even closed. I show up and the course is perfect. One of the reasons I check course conditions on UDisc more than DGCR, they tend to be more up to date as more people are using that app.

Even then, I come across inaccuracies on there too, I just don't know how to fix them.

FYI, I have asked Tim to take off the 5 course per day limit as I usually play 5 or more coures in a day. That and when I was putting down course closures all over Texas back when the COVID crap hit, I was limited on how many I could list as being temporary closed due to Covid, Tim said there was no way to set me up to do that, at least that is what he told me. So I just kept a list and updated them as I could. I turned most of them off when the courses opened back up.

I do try to keep up as much as I can with Disc Golf in Texas, but with nearly 500 courses in the ground, it is hard to keep up with everything. I find out about new courses almost every week.

FYI, I have asked Tim to take off the 5 course per day limit as I usually play 5 or more coures in a day.

totally. i've run into that on major bagging trips. bummer it can't be done.

i also agree that Course Condition updates are a wonderful tool and woefully underutilized by most users here.

with respect to Flip City, i get where he's coming from. not a lot of meat on the review but he's got a reasonable opinion that some people may appreciate hearing before driving halfway across the country to play Flip.

for years Flip was the #1 here and still may end up creeping further back to the top. presumably Järva will be disappearing shortly and i suspect Selah will not maintain its rating as consistently over time as Flip has and will probably continue to. so i could see it getting back to #3. even people who do give Flip some criticism tend to describe it as one of the best par 3 courses around, myself included. maybe the hype added to the experience for me but i had a blast.

anyway, if par 3 golf with a nice view isn't what you're look for in a course then this reviewer's opinion might be a valuable one. i thumbed up.

with respect to Flip City, i get where he's coming from. not a

lot of meat on the review but he's got a reasonable opinion that some people may appreciate hearing before driving halfway across the country to play Flip.

for years Flip was the #1 here and still may end up creeping further back to the top. presumably Järva will be disappearing shortly and i suspect Selah will not maintain its rating as consistently over time as Flip has and will probably continue to. so i could see it getting back to #3. even people who do give Flip some criticism tend to describe it as one of the best par 3 courses around, myself included. maybe the hype added to the experience for me but i had a blast.

anyway, if par 3 golf with a nice view isn't what you're look for in a course then this reviewer's opinion might be a valuable one. i thumbed up.

Wow, there was a time when Idlewid was slowly making it's way out of the top 10 and it looked as if Flip wouldn't budge. Now not much separates them. Tomjulio might hunt down the latest Flip reviewer to try a little "Lobbying".

Last edited:
Wow, there was a time when Idlewid was slowly making it's way out of the top 10 and it looked as if Flip wouldn't budge. Now not much separates them. Tomjulio might hunt down the latest Flip reviewer to try a little "Lobbying".

Idlewild got saved by the DGPT. For one thing, it hadn't been in great shape for a couple years before they started the event. Tee signs were getting old which were replaced, got new baskets to replace the hodgepodge of old ones it had and new benches for every hole. Also, it got some much needed love from the park/local volunteers and is in as good a shape as I've ever seen it it.

Then, a bunch of people saw that course on YT and decided they needed to play it. A lot of those people caught it in its best condition either right before, or soon after the event.

You can see it in the reviews. Before the event started, there were several reviews where it got knocked a half or whole disc because of the aging equipment and some of the lines being grown/partially grown over.

9 of the last 10 reviews are 5 discs and the tenth was 4.5.

Youtube video from Disc Golf Course Preview on Järva 2021 layout. Can't speak to the extent of the changes, though.

From what I remember of the course when I played it back in 2017;

1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 16, and 17 ... are old holes

5 and 8 are similar to old holes, but reconfigured

6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 15, and 18 are new.

11 and 12 I think were holes from the old course but I don't remember for sure.

Either way, almost completely different course now. Basically all of the iconic holes from the old 27 are gone.

Youtube video from Disc Golf Course Preview on Järva 2021 layout. Can't speak to the extent of the changes, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgcyyoCdEo

There's a decent amount of carryover from the 27 hole layout, but there might be just enough new to justify RIPing that layout and starting fresh for this one. I don't know. I'd defer to someone who played more often/recently than I did (two days in 2019).