• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

moving to the port charlotte area in florida

wildcatman

Bogey Member
whats the disc golf scene around port charlotte, any nice courses in the area, any leagues or local tournaments?

Greetings! There is one course in Port Charlotte, but its pretty cool. Most holes have two sets of tees, and/or two perm. sets of pins. There is a local league, and a few local tournaments. Sarasota has a well established scene with a couple of nice courses, and a long running league, and awesome events. The Ft Myers area is an emerging scene, with some nice courses, etc.

The Tampa area has the biggest density of courses in this part of Florida, from old school city park style courses, to longer more modern style DG dedicated courses.

The courses down here are a little different than the ones up north, but there is some good disc golf to be had. Hit me up when you get down here, and I'll be happy to guide you around, show you our courses, and fill you in on the local info.

Yea, ooff.... I go to Venice 3 times a year. Slim pickins. Develop a thumber 300' and you will TEAR UP North Charlotte Regional Park (the best course around). Tight lines but wide open gaps in the canopy to skip all those crazy fairways. Probably 9 holes are easy 2's with a good 300' thumber. Never been south of there but day trips up to Ocala area or Tampa area could be fun for you. They run leagues at Ocala greenway every Saturday.

i recently was on vacation down in port charlotte seeing family and played all the surrounding courses for the first time. I live in illinois and the course were way different landscaping specially at charlotte i liked it the most out of the rest ft myers was ok lost a disc in the thick palmettos so watch that. venice has a nice lil short 9 holes that was really nice and set up and i went to sarasota water tower park which was very nice landscaping and scenery. I enjoyed it alot and think u will also dont be shy for spotters the palms and palmettos get thick

thanks for all the info! i play tournament about every weekend....any where within a 3-4 hr drive...so options are wide....is there any doubles league that pays out good?? is there a lot of tournaments that go on