• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Virginia Beach

Mortarus

I'm moving to Virginia Beach next month from Michigan. I scoped out all the nearby courses I could find on the site, but I thought a thread might be helpful. Locals help me out. Where should I be throwing, and who's coming with me?

Yeah, I saw that those were the highest rated courses nearby. I can't wait to check them out. I've been warned not to mess with the tunnel traffic and I'll be ok.

I got stuck on the wrong side (Williamsburg side) of the tunnel in rush hour traffic a couple of years ago while at VA Beach on vacation. That was not fun.

From a tourist perspective...

I was fortunate to get invited to play doubles with a group my first time around Bayville. A lot of it "looked" the same and would have made navigation less than fun. I enjoyed the course.

Munden Point was also cool, and easy to navigate. It had 2 tees and 2 permanent baskets per hole to add to your options. Another fun, not great, course.

I went to Virginia Wesleyan College to play, but couldn't get on the grounds without a host. So get to know some college people.

Newport News was OK but I remember it less than any of the others in the area.

Personally, I think that I'd be spending a lot of time at New Quarter if I could learn to manage the drive better than a tourist. It was outstanding. Definitely one of the best that I've played.

New Quarter was really a fun and pro worthy course..I agree one of the best courses Ive played

I have a soft spot for newport news I dont know why....it was flat and pretty straightforward...I liked it for some reason though

Let me know when you get here. I will help with whatever you need- dg or anything else. I love this city, i hope you will too!

New Quarter was really a fun and pro worthy course..I agree one of the best courses Ive played

I have a soft spot for newport news I dont know why....it was flat and pretty straightforward...I liked it for some reason though

And you're allowed to like it! :D

I didn't dislike it. I just don't remember it well. I think that I just went around once in a hurry and didn't get to go back.