• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Yeah I got one in the closet I save it for water shots.. I should probably get it out and see how it flies... the Relay filled the slot that the Amp was advertised for and for that matter the Switch too.... I revisited the Switch and am enamoured with it but not for what I bought it for.

Then again I'm not throwing as hard as Brad and Chad.. I've seen their ITB videos and they are pushing over 400' easy so if they labeled it a straight flyer or -2 hss they are only wrong for my armspeed.

Amp will turn but needs 400'+ of juice behind it or some good seasoning in most cases. A little reading the history of this thread would tell anyone that. The most US amps are not turning for sub 350' throwers.

A lot like volts either being workable stable or slightly OS

Yeah I got one in the closet I save it for water shots.. I should probably get it out and see how it flies... the Relay filled the slot that the Amp was advertised for and for that matter the Switch too.... I revisited the Switch and am enamoured with it but not for what I bought it for.

Then again I'm not throwing as hard as Brad and Chad.. I've seen their ITB videos and they are pushing over 400' easy so if they labeled it a straight flyer or -2 hss they are only wrong for my armspeed.

I use the Relay and it filled that slot for me. I didn't like the Switch though. I enjoyed my FR Amp but I bought a replacement and the new Amp was more beefy. Relay was great out of the box and keeps getting better.

I use the Relay and it filled that slot for me. I didn't like the Switch though. I enjoyed my FR Amp but I bought a replacement and the new Amp was more beefy. Relay was great out of the box and keeps getting better.

Relay is one of MVPs best molds across all playing styles, powers etc. It is a winner and does so much work for a slower speed. Would need 2 of the switch speed molds to do relay stuff. Such a fun disc.

Relay is one of MVPs best molds across all playing styles, powers etc. It is a winner and does so much work for a slower speed. Would need 2 of the switch speed molds to do relay stuff. Such a fun disc.

It really is. Super workable out of the box and been a stable ever since. I've had numerous close call Aces and the disc seems to do exactly what I want Everytime I throw it. Great disc.

It really is. Super workable out of the box and been a stable ever since. I've had numerous close call Aces and the disc seems to do exactly what I want Everytime I throw it. Great disc.

Yeah it has been one of those molds where even if i think i had a bad shot the damn thing works out most of the time. Much less speed sensitive vs the 9-7 stuff like amps or impulses switches etc. Extra gyro happy too so loves the spin on a good far rip.

What 2 Switches... no no. One Switch one Relay. Switch/Relay same weight does a lot of work in my bag. I've thrown my Relay into broken in splendour, I pack the Switch for a slightly fresher feel Relay and that solid fade, also as my forehand Relay and throw it on an anhyzer for uphill tunnel rocket with that fade. An Amp would probably fill that slot too I should try throwing it again... I was disappointed it wasn't - 2 and lighter I should revisit with different expectations.

Last edited:
Had a round with the amp today and I'll take back the "fresh thunderbird" statement; way less fade. I'll give it maybe 8/4/-0.5/1. Soooo straight up to 400'.
Favourite shot was a 550' downhill hyzerflip on a frozen rope (ended up missing the eagle putt ofc).
When it starts to show some actual turn I'll be even happier.

Post 1213 about this supposedly under-stable driver that is actually stable with less glide than expected.

Will Shakespeare would say "Much Ado About Nothing."

Why so many posts?

Literally from the MVP Amp description. I see no reason why anyone who does any DD doesn't understand the amp. It is not flippy. It is a volt that has been seasoned to hell tho even in it's most stable form.

Average throwers will get straight stable lines with a subtle fade. High power throwers will achieve more neutral lines with more turn and less fade.

The Amp's controlled turn allows power throwers to get a larger turnover phase than the Volt, along with reduced fade for distant placement shots that desire it.

With its controlled turn and fade, players can choose the Amp for more distant placement shots

I threw one of these a couple of days ago into a headwind and it just panned right. It was a beat eclipse. Loved it. Thinking of buying a few more from infinite. How do the plasmas fly compared to the eclipse?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk