• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

As soon as I pick up a soft Anode, I'll do some measuring against the Ions just for kicks. Is it a confirmed fact that they both use the exact same core piece?

Yes. Though it must be noted that plastic can take on a life of it's own after leaving the mold, and discs from the same mold will not all measure the same.

I took my new softs out yesterday. i was impressed. nearly all my misses were high/low not left/right. just aim and shoot. excellent approach disc too. i almost got my first ace. i can't wait to work with these things more.

Still using the regular Anode.. Plastic is starting to peel off the inside rim now.. Anyways I was using it for placement shots all day and boy is the thing good in Strong wind conditions.. One of the shots I squeezed it through 2 trees and the Anode hit the chains and landed a foot away from the basket.

I like the looks of the Anode, I wish I knew someone that had one that I could throw.

I hope MVP makes lighter and faster discs.

I am gaining more and more confidence while putting with the anode. Putting is finally fun for me because I can go after a long putt and not worry about having a 20' come-back putt and possibly 3 putting. I'll now make that come-back putt if I happen to leave it. That is much more fun than just throwing an approach up and making sure it stops within 8' or so like I used to.

I attribute this to the grip and feel of the anode and how it flies. It comes so cleanly out of my hand. I can go confidently straight at the basket and will go right in. Just point and shoot.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this putter is amazing at both off the tee and get out of trouble (FH) shots. The lack of bead aids in a really clean release on a flick. I have to admit I haven't used it as much for putting as I liked. I kept reaching back in my bag for my wizard. With that being said, I did pull the Anode out quite a bit for approaches and short, straight holes. Love the feel of the Soft proton plastic. Can't wait to try out an Ion!

I picked one up the other day. Haven't used it much. It sounds kind of funny when hitting the basket. I plan on going out to a small course and forcing myself to use it.

I am in love with my anodes. Knocked the circle tooled wizards out of my bag the first weekend. I have never been so confident out side the circle.
Really looking forward to my softie arriving.

So i got my first Anode (soft 172) today and I threw it about 20 times. My first impression is that I probably don't need an Ion in my bag anymore.... though I haven't done any long drives or putting with it yet.

Just got a 175 Softie. Really like rim feel. I think it might end up replacing my IONs. I just don't want to put aside my 3 FR IONs (back when the plastic was still awesome solid colored), that'll be the hardest part. Oh well, I guess I'll pick up two mediums sometime in the near future to start wearing into putters.

Has anyone noticed a stability difference between the softs and mediums with the anode? My soft ion is definitely more stable than my medium eclipses.

finally got the anodes into the field 2 softs 2 regs.

man the softs are fast, definitely a little more stable than the regulars. FIrst throw with the soft 300 in the field, medium was the same. The soft fades a little more abruptly than the medium. I love that you can lay full power into these and no turn, I've never thrown a disc like these. No fade too holy cow. I will be using the mediums to putt and 2 softs for approaches and longer putts. I think the ions may be moving to the bench, ill keep a heavy soft eclipse in the bag, but these anodes have to be the best driving putter ever, id even say it outdrives mids miss too. I am all in ANODE for president!!

Ordered a 175 Blue Soft. Have 174 S and M Ion that I really like, especially for driving. Putting was never my strong suit with the Ions so they never stayed in the bag when I could drive a wizard and putt with them. Really hoping I like the Anode as after 7 months off the wizards feel alien in my hands where as the Ions felt pretty magical, however I remember my issues putting with them. I'll never forget just the most insane straight drives with my Ions though.

So after another 40 throws with my Anode on my backyard course I can safely say that MVP has outdone themselves with this one; these things hold lines amazing style. The Anode just one up'd the Ion which is sad and great in its on way. I love the Ion for driving and approaching but the Anode seems to do what the Ion does and more.

I did turn the anode over once trying to do a massive 340' hyzer but it was more form flaw than anything the disc did. I would probably never try a shot like that with the anode anyway, just testing its limits.

The glide is absolutely insane on this disc, you can flick your wrist and get 100' out of it easy; that's probably my favorite part about it. I like many others was hoping it would be more anny friendly and while it does hold some smaller annys most of the way it usually fades back out at the end for me. While trying to throw long flat drives I was getting a line that would move ever so slightly left to right to near the end of its flight and then it would fade out.

I didn't really want to but I'm going to have to buy a regular to see what the deal is with it. Not only with the Anode replace my Ions I could see it replacing my Axis.

Anyone who has both an Anode and an Ion, don't think about it and just grip them. Do you notice you naturally hold the Ion slightly more nose up? Again, do it carelessly, don't focus on how you grip/pick them up.

Noticed this a while ago but for some reason didn't tell anybody, it's great for gauging disc selection in long runs, up/downhill, and playing the wind.

After playing a few rounds w/ a soft Anode, it appears that it will make the bag (kicked the med Anode out).
As far as putting, the jury is still out. But for approaches/drives, this thing is awesome!
I actually took the Buzz out of the bag (GASP!!) so that I would throw the soft Anode instead. Still not sure if the Buzz will make it back...

Right now my soft anode is sharing main putter duties with my 1st run ion. The anode is great but the effortless extra distance I can sink putts with the ion is hard to argue with. I'm pretty sure my setup will stay this way long term, anode inside the circle and 1st run ion outside.
I'm using the stiff anode as an approach disc, its really straight flight and, even with my limited ability, ease at which it can be thrown forhand have this spot locked down.
Not sure who does the designing/engineering on mvp's discs but he deserves big props for this one. It really is that good.

the Anode is AWESOME on hammers.
has this come up yet?

i throw a lot of hammers in the warehouse and the Anodes are longer and easier to throw than others (mainly Wizards and Warlocks being thrown). also on power-spin FH rollers they really go.

Latest posts