• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Also, on roll aways. Medium Anodes skip, slide, and roll a lot. It is amazing how easily they catch an edge after landing and roll further from the target.

Having a disc catch an edge is luck/user error. I have had less roll always with my Anodes than any other disc. When I was out playing a round last night with my room mate it didn't matter what he threw, it would pop up and start rolling. Good try though.

Having a disc catch an edge is luck/user error. I have had less roll always with my Anodes than any other disc. When I was out playing a round last night with my room mate it didn't matter what he threw, it would pop up and start rolling. Good try though.

Completely agree. They do tend to slide when they land, but I think of that as an advantage. I don't think I've ever caught an edge with either the mediums or softs. They land flat every time and slide up to the basket.

The stupid, easy answer is to just find a putter that goes in and stays in the chains. With that said, I have had better luck keeping Softs from rolling away on bad putts but Mediums seem to be better at sticking to the ground when I miss an approach. It is all a matter of how it hits the ground, duh, but with the slightest bit of extra stability in the Softs, they knife better at the basket and chains, for me causing less freakish rejections on bad putts that cause roll aways. However, when approaching, since the Mediums stay flat, they land cleaner on the ground, skidding instead of getting up and rolling.

The Anode for me is everything I wanted the Warlock to be and more. I am now using it alone in place of my Challenger(putter) and comet/roc combo. I never thought anything would have me honestly consider getting rid of rocs and comets. I really thought I had finally landed on a putter in the Challenger. And the anode has gone and made everything all bunk.

As for the skips and basket rejections. Anodes fade into a landing, kind of like a plane landing. Where a lot of other putters dive into their landing. Don't know if that makes sense at all.

My home course has a lot of precarious landing zones and smooth dirt greens, so yeah, the anode does slide and roll more than baseline putters. Good try though :thmbup:

Haven't been here in a few weeks, I think the Ion won though:| I love the Anode inside the circle, but I manage to **** up throwing upshots and drives with it - no it's not my form..thanks though. I like hyzerflipping Ion's more than releasing an Anode flat, and the more I owned them both the more I realized I was lying to myself when I said that the Ion does anhyzers better. Inside the circle I definitely like them more, with the lack of fade and bit more speed than its brethren, but I'm not sure if that justifies carrying both. I also adjusted where my pinky is in my putting grip, so the Ion went back to being the more comfortable one...AH:gross:

Also, to clarify, when I say catch an edge and roll, I'm not talking about getting fulling up and down, but doing a semi circle roll on the "bead" which often times results in a longer putt than I would have otherwise had.

Last edited:
Also, to clarify, when I say catch an edge and roll, I'm not talking about getting fulling up and down, but doing a semi circle roll on the "bead" which often times results in a longer putt than I would have otherwise had.

It's the premium plastic, not just the Anode - ever throw a Champ BB Aviar? :)

I despise the death roll.....I've had them happen with Ions, Anodes, Aviars, Voodoos, etc....I just think the GOLF GODS want me to practice my putting....Grip knows what I'm talking about..he's seen my death rolls and heard the loud expletives come flying out of my mouth on the course when this happen to me....usually on hole number 7 at TSP....(fu#kin' love and hate that hole).

It's the premium plastic, not just the Anode - ever throw a Champ BB Aviar? :)

Yeah, champ plastic does roll more often than baseline. I was not implying that mvp putters rolled more than any other disc ever, I was stating that in my experience, the anode has that problem more than the putters that I have used in the past. I am not trying to stir things up with anyone here, I was just stating that they have a negative quality that I don't like.

Last edited:
Yeah, champ plastic does roll more often than baseline. I was not implying that mvp putters rolled more than any other disc ever, I was stating that in my experience, the anode has that problem more than the putters that I have used in the past. I am not trying to stir things up with anyone here, I was just stating that they have a negative quality that I don't like.

Don't worry about me, that was friendly...I'll be a shmuck if I was offended:rolleyes:

Premium plastic is the best argument there...and the profile of the Anode/Ion isn't the best for anti-roll. That said, if you can't adjust for it with your style/power, or if your ground surface and slope (or wind) just facilitate rolls, then the disc just doesn't work for you and you need to find something else.

I think most people have figured out that MVP isn't some wild new awesome thing that trump all other discs out there - they're nice discs but they're just ordinary discs for the most part with a notch of extra quality and a nice appearance. It's just kinda silly how people will hype them up so much - and how some will almost deny any flaws or drawbacks in them through fanboy love. But y'know, most people still look for the arrow to do all the work and don't really put in the time to practice and get to know their equipment fully. Archer is so much more important - every time.

Stop trying to make sense on here. If you're a fanboy, you instantly become an expert.

Stop trying to make sense on here. If you're a fanboy, you instantly become an expert.

Ha. That and the exuberance of knowledge that comes from people just beginning their real learning curve in the sport. :)

Gotta try, though. I'm an optimist and I believe in a disc golf utopia.

Premium plastic is the best argument there...and the profile of the Anode/Ion isn't the best for anti-roll. That said, if you can't adjust for it with your style/power, or if your ground surface and slope (or wind) just facilitate rolls, then the disc just doesn't work for you and you need to find something else.

I think most people have figured out that MVP isn't some wild new awesome thing that trump all other discs out there - they're nice discs but they're just ordinary discs for the most part with a notch of extra quality and a nice appearance. It's just kinda silly how people will hype them up so much - and how some will almost deny any flaws or drawbacks in them through fanboy love. But y'know, most people still look for the arrow to do all the work and don't really put in the time to practice and get to know their equipment fully. Archer is so much more important - every time.

I love MVP.. Some call me a fanboy with my love for the Vector and Anode.. I'm alright with the Ion.. I don't like the Axis at all though. MVP makes good discs, they also make bad discs. Just like everybody else. Like anything else I figured out how to use my Anode and make it not roll. It pisses you off when it does but it is just a beautiful disc.

I love MVP.. Some call me a fanboy with my love for the Vector and Anode.. I'm alright with the Ion.. I don't like the Axis at all though. MVP makes good discs, they also make bad discs. Just like everybody else. Like anything else I figured out how to use my Anode and make it not roll. It pisses you off when it does but it is just a beautiful disc.

How dare you call the Axis a bad disc! Lol.

S'alright...you're allowed to love them! More power to ya. :thmbup:

I don't think they make a bad disc...not at all.

How dare you call the Axis a bad disc! Lol.

S'alright...you're allowed to love them! More power to ya. :thmbup:

I don't think they make a bad disc...not at all.

lol. I'm not into the Axis. Maybe just maybe if they would make a grippy plastic then we would be having a different story. Until then, it's a bad disc I think. The Ion just doesn't feel good for putting and it's a putter lol. I can do everything the Ion can do with an Anode.. Actually everything plus. MVP is a great company though. I sport a MVP/Innova/Discraft/Latitude 64 bag.. & a vibram mini.

Ignorant kids... NO disc is a bad disc, they just aren't right for you. I find it fascinating that people can't wrap their head around this.