• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

well im throwing it really high because its a 320ft hole. and its probably 100+ft in the air (slightly downhill hole). Approached its not even noticable.

Oh alright. I haven't experimented with it too much but it is really reliable. You liking Anode's over Ion's like me?

Oh alright. I haven't experimented with it too much but it is really reliable. You liking Anode's over Ion's like me?

I love anode's for driving, was using ions for putting because i liked the stability but recently went back to soft challengers because i like my putters to beat in.

Anode's just go so far they're in my midrange section in the bag lol

Is the Anode a roll away machine for anybody else? If I miss my putt only glancing the basket, it seems the Anode shoots straight down lands up on edge, then rolls. I have been putting with my lone medium Anode, but I doubt the softs wouldn't do the same.

Is the Anode a roll away machine for anybody else? If I miss my putt only glancing the basket, it seems the Anode shoots straight down lands up on edge, then rolls. I have been putting with my lone medium Anode, but I doubt the softs wouldn't do the same.

I've never had a noticeable problem. I've used both, but I have never had a roll away with my softs. And there is plenty of opportunities for them at my course.

The only reason I notice this for myself is because I am hitting chains more using the anode. :D

Both my Ions and Anodes like to blow through the Mach 2's I play on... so do my Warlocks, Foci and Banger GT's... Stinkin Mach 2 baskets...

p.s. Anodes go faaar

Picked up the anode putter the other day, I now have all 4 molds from MVP. I was waiting for the anode in eclipse glow but decided to get a first run. I realy like it for mid-range driving and less for putting. I was able to park a 240ft "island" hole at my local park. Its a slight right turn with a close tree by the t-pad that makes a low window for RHBH driving. I'm realy liking the amount of glide the anode has and I can crank up the power on it for driving. So far the MVP plastic takes a beating realy well and I'm certain these discs will outlast anything else I carry in the bag, however I noticed that my glow discs dont like concrete all that much, but thats a no-brainer anyways..

Yeah they can be. I've had the disc cost me multiple strokes.. I've also had it give me more pars then I used to get. Birdies and all. It's a good disc, roll away's don't happen as much. Just change up how you throw it.

No huge rollers here...on another note, I had a chance to test out a medium. Just not really a big fan. The softs feel so much better in hand to me. Could be completely mental though.

Soooo, on a whim I started putting like Nikko. The whole pendulum arm thing. I cannot believe I've been putting any other way. Here's the kicker, the anode is soo freakin' money for this shot. I have a feeling that the ion might work better, but I'm to going to mess with a good thing. Driving or putting, I'm grabbing the anode.

So I just wanted to stop in real quick and say something I love about the Anode over the Ion. Go to any of the disc golf shop websites and punch in Ion. What do you get? A bunch of stuff about Champion discs, Championship DVDs, and Championship clothing... it is odd to find the Ion with out sifting through a bunch of crap.

The Anode comes up on the first try. Thus, we can deduce, Anode>Ion.

So I just wanted to stop in real quick and say something I love about the Anode over the Ion. Go to any of the disc golf shop websites and punch in Ion. What do you get? A bunch of stuff about Champion discs, Championship DVDs, and Championship clothing... it is odd to find the Ion with out sifting through a bunch of crap.

The Anode comes up on the first try. Thus, we can deduce, Anode>Ion.

orrr thus we can deduce that the Anode is the newest item from MVP abd that would make it a very hot buy atm :thmbup:

Just ordered a medium to test against my soft. Anyone putt with a medium as well as drive? I really like to only carry one putter and I'm worried I might have just wasted a purchase if the medium is no good for putting

I loved my medium Anode for placement shots, it's really just nicely stable, and works well on anhyzers. But unfortunately I just never found the softs to be good for anything other than putting. Especially once they got worked in.

I loved my medium Anode for placement shots, it's really just nicely stable, and works well on anhyzers. But unfortunately I just never found the softs to be good for anything other than putting. Especially once they got worked in.

I do see what you mean for placement shots, but I just didn't like my medium that well. I've come to realize that putter are just mostly too deep for me to like them in a firmer plastic.

And I think ^^ is especially true with MVP putters. Way more comfortable in soft. After switching back to pures, zero for putting and opto for driving, I can't remember why I messed with MVP for so long. Wait... that's right, I was waiting for opto pures...:thmbup:

Also, on roll aways. Medium Anodes skip, slide, and roll a lot. It is amazing how easily they catch an edge after landing and roll further from the target.

Latest posts