• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I felt my brother's yesterday. It's a really nice feeling disc, similar to my R-Pro Aviar, but a little less beef to it. They don't fly close to the same, though.

I would like to try his out sometime soon. I'm sticking to my Aviars (and possibly Pure?) until the softs come out, without a doubt.

Yeah, but those MVP discs you already own will never be produced again. I feel like MVP was being loyal to the 2nd run Ion throwers by making the Anode a priority over many different things they could have released next. Personally I strongly prefer the Anode to the 2nd run Ions, but that's as much about feel as it is about flight.

OK, that argument does win me over. Nothing like getting attached to an Innova mold that will never ever be the same again and cost you hundreds to stock up. Good point, way to look out for our wallets MVP :hfive:

Many thanks to all that have reviewed the Anode. I will wait for the softs, but your reviews have certainly guaranteed that I will purchase one... for putting.

The low ceiling part sealed the deal.

Got mine and they feel good. The overmold seems to be the most seamless as far as transitioning between the 2 plastics of the MVP discs I have had. Can't wait to throw it. I am not expecting a magic disc; just something that will be like the early, smaller bead Ions I had before or thereabouts.

Threw my anode around today and really can't say anything different from what others are saying. Flies very similar to my 2nd run ion. I was able to put them on almost identical lines on most every throw. One thing that the anode did for me though was stretch out my putter ranges. Not that I couldn't do it with ions as well, but there were certain holes I have never thrown an ion at off the tee because I have played them so many times, and know what works for me, so that's what I typically do. Today I was throwing the anode off most every tee since it was just me and practically no one else on the whole course. While doing so, I realized throwing an anode/ion at worked better than the buzzz I usually throw. These holes play in the high 200'- low 300's and I usually place a buzzz up and make a run at the basket. Threw the anode at these holes and put it on the pole when I hit my line, which was most of the time.

MVP has changed my game since the ion taught me to trust myself when throwing long approaches or tee shots with a putter because it could handle a good pull and stayed on the line you put it on. Now the anode has given me confidence to try to throw even longer.

Thanks for the review Radiomuted.
I threw a all Anode round at Cedar Hills Park here in Raleigh and liked what I saw. I was a fan of the 2nd run Ions. I can wait till I get these mediums seasoned in. Hopefully it will lose what fade it has at the end. Time will only tell. Grip was good. I ended up throwing a lot of Hyzer shots right off the bat. Once I got them on a nice flat release, they held a nice straight line for most of it's flight. These putt slightly better than the Ions. Not sure I'd use these for putting duties though.

I'll try and get a lot of throws in with the Anode before I start using it side by side with my Ions at the course. Glad to see peeps chiming in on their thoughts as well.

I tried one out first and liked it plenty...but let's face it, that grape color Proton could sell itself

purpnode.jpg

Does anyone else have the grey rim, or is it just the picture? Either way, it's beautiful.

I got a purple and blue in the mail today. Tossed them a few times. Holds a hyzer very well like its ion brother. In my hands, it feels basically the same as the Ion when driving. When turned over it takes less effort and holds the turn longer than the Ion. I look forward to putting it through its paces this weekend. Oh and my gosh is the new blue good looking!! I obviously have no new insights or unique impressions, I'm just dang excited to get to throw them.

Ahh it looked silver to me too, that's disappointing. Did they always use just black for the outer mold or have they ever changed up the colors? I'm sort of new to them, got a pair of eclipse ions but I love them and want to try these out also.

The
More I throw this the more I like it. Been working on some putter only rounds and I've been throwing these pretty smoothly, very little fade at the end mostly holds the line I want.

Got the anode to the field next to the ions. Nothing new to report, but these are definitely my new putting putter. Got some nice anny flex lines going, these are exactly as advertised a second run ion. Love em.

Can someone define a "second run" Ion please?

How do I know what I have?

Textured bottom opaque plastic. Most second runs the overmold was lower on the disc making the bead smaller.

Thank you.

Dang it. That is what I have as my main putter...so guessing these two Anodes coming won't putt much differently?

The advantage is that if you were to lose your 2nd run, there would be a replacement. Also, I'm not sure every second run had the obscured bead... I could be wrong though.

I actually don't like the term "2nd run Ion" because there were multiple runs of textured bottomed soft Ions and there is no way to tell for sure what run a given disc is. The real 2nd run of Ions were all soft, had small beads, and many had overmolds that were not quite centered (which makes the bead bigger on one side of the disc) Some of mine (blues in particular) are fairly symmetrical and stable despite being 2nd runs. Even before they started tinkering with the Ion mold the textured bottomed Ions were trending toward symmetric overmolds and a more stable/overstable flight.