• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

It's a different line, not another company. You are still getting MVP discs here.

Would you still feel the same if MVP announced two new molds and the availability of colored rims, but didn't label it as a new brand? Or would that be ok?

But if they were official MVP discs maybe they would have better names and stamps...

maybe

It's a different line, not another company. You are still getting MVP discs here.

Would you still feel the same if MVP announced two new molds and the availability of colored rims, but didn't label it as a new brand? Or would that be ok?

Yes, I understand it's a different line but they are still competing with themselves. If these two discs had been just new MVP disc in Neutron plastic I would still be just as underwhelmed.

For these two discs they'd have to be under a different line because they're too similar to discs they already have.

I've got an Axis and a Tangent already in the bag. Where is the Alias going to fit? It's not. It's possible I might try it and like it better than my Axis. Well, I'll stop buying the Axis and start buying the Alias. They're not making any additional money off of me.

They've still got quite a few holes in their lineup. A truly understable mid and fairway driver. Any distance drivers. A zone like disc.

Yes, I understand it's a different line but they are still competing with themselves. If these two discs had been just new MVP disc in Neutron plastic I would still be just as underwhelmed.

For these two discs they'd have to be under a different line because they're too similar to discs they already have.

I've got an Axis and a Tangent already in the bag. Where is the Alias going to fit? It's not. It's possible I might try it and like it better than my Axis. Well, I'll stop buying the Axis and start buying the Alias. They're not making any additional money off of me.

They've still got quite a few holes in their lineup. A truly understable mid and fairway driver. Any distance drivers. A zone like disc.

I agree there are holes to be filled. But if you look at a lot of companies, they seem to have discs that overlap, but that feel different and have different profiles. For example, Discraft has the Meteor and the Stratus; Innova has the Lycan and Coyote. That's how I think they'll still sell on this one.

Will I be buying an Alias? Probably not, because I also like the Axis. But maybe someone who didn't click with the Axis will want to give the Alias a shot and see how it works.

I did when the vector first cam out but their plastic was hard and slick and the same with the putters but that was years ago haven't thrown anything since.

How is that different from Champion plastic? ;)

^ this

They are frisbees remember. Hand them to a person on the street and say, "throw this." Same thing still happens, they throw it not giving a rip about the label that some digital opinionizers give it and the politics behind it.

Lots of energy being used for bantering about this development. Buy them or don't buy them, the brothers have their reasons, as do all of the other companies. They are just discs.... Take away the labels and they are the same company, one is regular bowling, one is cosmic bowling.

Hardly truthful.. Throws an FR vector and that's his opinion on the company lol'

Maybe I should have just tried the magical roc everyone gets boners over and just decide I don't like the feel of that one so their products suck. So much truth in his post your right.. he has no outside or underlying interests at all to promote innova discs...

Do you ask GM's ceo for reviews on Ford vehicles?

Who will be the break out star throwing MVP on tour this year??? Anyone? :popcorn:

hehehe.jpg

Seriously though, all this arguing over flat pieces of plastic that people throw at weird looking metal baskets is stupid. McBeast is with a company that has been around for longer than probably a lot of the people on this thread have been alive and he absolutely kills with those discs. I'm sure he gets tired of people flaming Innova all over the DGCR forums. Also, you guys have to admit that it's cool that he jumps into these discussions and gives us the point of view from a touring pro.

MVP/Axiom or whatever is still a relatively new company that didn't start out with having the support of an already established company behind them (i.e. DD with Lat64). I'm sure eventually there will be a pro that throws MVP. Heck, maybe even MikeC will show up at some tour events this year. Only time will tell.

And for what it's worth, I do think it's very odd for the MVP dudes to launch a whole new "company" when they are still trying to establish the original one. Methinks there must be some other reason than just new cool bright colors behind this move.

Hardly truthful.. Throws an FR vector and that's his opinion on the company lol'

Maybe I should have just tried the magical roc everyone gets boners over and just decide I don't like the feel of that one so their products suck. So much truth in his post your right.. he has no outside or underlying interests at all to promote innova discs...

Do you ask GM's ceo for reviews on Ford vehicles?

If u threw a Roc, u would understand

I can't believe all this negativity over a company many revere doing well enough to expand their business. Is it just because the overmold says Axiom instead of MVP?

Can we all just shut the **** up with this bickering and realize that MVP just announced

AN OVERSTABLE MOTHERHUMPING LID???!!??

Dude...remember WAAAY back at the begging of this thread when I said all I wanted was an overstable driving putter? Well I lied because now all I want is AN OVERSTABLE LID FROM MVP!!! Seriously, how awesome is this? And you get to pick the colors? I'm not trolling here, I'm psyched. That new mid does nothing for me (and I don't think I've heard even one person ask for a more overstable Tangent) but overstable lid-like putter? Guys.

Guys.

GUYS!

Overstable Lid-Like Putter.

Indeed, the "lid-like" descriptor jumped out to me, too. I don't even know what I'd do with it, but, I sure want to try it to see how the hell it flies.

As a Tangent thrower, I'm curious about the Alias. I could imagine liking a hair-more-stable Tangent for the straight shots I primarily use the Tangent for, and it'd give me more impetus to find a complementary understable mid that I'm always telling myself I want to add to the lineup. Coincidentally: I sure wish MVP would have released a Tangent-speed understable mid instead, but, "if wishes were horses" or whatever.

it's a completely separate "team" according to their post, whatever that means. they really didn't explain it. MVP is making the discs, obviously, but that's the only thing we know about axiom discs as an entity itself.

Not that it matters, but, I actually read it the opposite: that Axiom is a different branch of the same company, kind of like how Coke releases healthier products under the name Evian, Minute Maid, Odwalla, etc: it's an alternative brand of the same company rather than an independent company with a working partnership like Westside and Lat 64. That's how I interpret the press release, at least.

I can't believe all this negativity over a company many revere doing well enough to expand their business. Is it just because the overmold says Axiom instead of MVP?

Two new molds with new color does not a new company make!

Not an expansion at all...just an explosion of over hype-ness by the MVP fan boys!

I have enjoyed this thread though!

Last edited:
"Not that it matters, but, I actually read it the opposite: that Axiom is a different branch of the same company, kind of like how Coke releases healthier products under the name Evian, Minute Maid, Odwalla, etc: it's an alternative brand of the same company rather than an independent company with a working partnership like Westside and Lat 64. That's how I interpret the press release, at least."

The westside/lat example is not relevant on this. MVP needed to seperate themselves more from the new "brand". You dont see lat/westside all mixed up together in promotion of each.

Last edited:
Sorry Q, I meant to agree with you.:D I messed up the quote and what I meant to say.:doh:

The westside/lat example "IS" relevant on this. MVP needed to seperate themselves more from the new "brand". You dont see lat/westside all mixed up together in promotion of each.

Last edited:
The hype bubble expanded and suddenly collapsed on itself. Like a fanboi white dwarf. Glorious.
Now, I have four MVP molds bagged, and I'm actually pumped about finding an Anode, Tangent, Amp and Volt in Cincinnati Reds and Bengals colors eventually.