• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hold Precision + Putting Drills

Stetz

Bogey Member
I know there's a Marksman v. Precision thread, but it's a couple years old, and I didn't think reviving it made much sense. SO, that being said, my wife just bought me the MVP Black Hole Precision basket. I just spent the last hour or so putting on it from 20' and I gotta say I love it already. I figure if I putt on it from 10', 15', 20', 25', 30' at 20x each is gonna help. I have a full size basket with 24 chains, and while it's nice to mess around with, I don't feel it's made my putting any better, and I find myself getting lazy on the course. Also, what's the overall opinion on putting target baskets, and what kind of putting practice/drills are y'all running, if any, to improve your C1 & C2 averages?

I feel bad ya got no replies.

My yard is tiny. I just do multiple putts per hole on the course. One or two from my lie, then a couple from different distances and angles

I have a DGA Mach Shift, which allows me to change the configuration. I currently have it set similar to a Marksman basket. I think it has improved my putting somewhat...but it is still bad. Gives me a smaller target to aim for, but at the same time, when I putt on a "full" basket, there are more chains to hit and knock my disc away. For example, on my "Marksman-style" basket set up, I frequently make putts that slide in between the tray and chains (no chains all air). But that same throw on a full-size one most likely gets knocked away.

So a Marksman-style has benefits of improving your aim...but at the same time, it has the con of possibly catching putts that a full-size one might spit out.

I have a Marksman basket that I won in a drawing that Paige Pierce held when she was sponsored by Dynamic Disc. I'm not complaining about something that I got for free, but here is my assessment of the Marksman.

It is built super heavy duty. While it is not made to be left outdoors, it is built so heavy that it would last ya several lifetimes. My one complaint about mine is that it has very heavy chains and they are very loud, I use mine in my basement, and they don't respond to the disc quite as well as I would like. I also have a full size Innova Discatcher Sport in the basement and that is the one that I use about 100% of the time. I get the concept of a small diameter putting basket to force you to try to be more accurate with your putts, but I just prefer to do my practice putting on a basket similar in size to the baskets that I will be playing on at the local course. JMHO.

I have a Marksman basket that I won in a drawing that Paige Pierce held when she was sponsored by Dynamic Disc. I'm not complaining about something that I got for free, but here is my assessment of the Marksman.

It is built super heavy duty. While it is not made to be left outdoors, it is built so heavy that it would last ya several lifetimes. My one complaint about mine is that it has very heavy chains and they are very loud, I use mine in my basement, and they don't respond to the disc quite as well as I would like. I also have a full size Innova Discatcher Sport in the basement and that is the one that I use about 100% of the time. I get the concept of a small diameter putting basket to force you to try to be more accurate with your putts, but I just prefer to do my practice putting on a basket similar in size to the baskets that I will be playing on at the local course. JMHO.

That's what I like about the DGA Mach Shift, I can use it with all the chains so it is just like baskets on the course, or I can remove the outer chains to make a "markman"-style basket. Let's me practice how I want and it is easy to switch back and forth.

Latest posts