• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't hit the course with my Plasma Photon/Wave, but my arm is not big enough to give an accurate review of how Plasma compares to any other plastic for the Photon. I might have some insight for Wave, but nah, gotta recuse myself on Photon feedback.

Not to be picky, this is just an innocent inquiry. Did anyone else notice/receive a low quality stamp? Mine had black specks all over the flight plate, smearing on the circle logo of the stamp, and part of the T missing from Tesla.

Again, I am not complaining at all. I am not a collector, and this Astros orange disc will be thrown a lot, including use in precarious situations, near dangerous predators, and among acers of trees. This is the first noticeable "flaw" I have noticed in almost 5 years of buying MVP. With Discraft, it was almost every other disc was flawed in some way.

Attachments

• WP_20160329_001.jpg
    WP_20160329_001.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 24
  • WP_20160329_002.jpg
    WP_20160329_002.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 23
  • WP_20160329_003.jpg
    WP_20160329_003.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 21
Are the plasma slight dome like proton or flatter like neutrons?
Plasma on left, neutron rightuploadfromtaptalk1459335678274.jpg
6e6cab8ef61cf093a3507850a22aa3d8.jpg

Photon

Still haven't hit the course with my Plasma Photon/Wave, but my arm is not big enough to give an accurate review of how Plasma compares to any other plastic for the Photon. I might have some insight for Wave, but nah, gotta recuse myself on Photon feedback.

Maybe you should send me one, for review purposes. :D Hahaha, nah. I can be patient.

What's the difference between Plasma and Proton plastic?

Plasma is softer and little more grip. Its a sexy blend of neutron/proton mixed together really lol.

Some plasma drivers have a little dome. Photons in proton look more like the plasma vs neutron being flat.

What's the difference between Plasma and Proton plastic?

For me, the look of course. Proton is clear/'champy,' Plasma can be semi-translucent, but more opaque. Plasma is usually great-looking, pearly, and sometimes has color shift. They can be truly gorgeous, and thus hard to throw. LOL

MVP's saying they can manipulate the amount of dome easier with drivers in plasma, and that's been born out so far.

Proton is usually a bit stiffer, but I wouldn't call it uber-stiff, in the drivers especially. Plasma is probably a bit tackier in most hands.

My plasma Photon is 173g and it flies more like a seasoned Volt, but certainly flies farther. It gets the slightest left to right shift (not turn) before a lot of forward glide into a more pronounced fade than the 168 neutron. Definitely prefer the plasma. Big surprise.

My waves are only 1g apart, yet the plasma (174) gets consistent, controlled turn overs. It flies like a REALLY long Theory whereas my neutron just gets a lot of turn then starts to fight back to center after oodles of glide.

My plasma Photon is 173g and it flies more like a seasoned Volt, but certainly flies farther. It gets the slightest left to right shift (not turn) before a lot of forward glide into a more pronounced fade than the 168 neutron. Definitely prefer the plasma. Big surprise.

Yeah, this sounds kind of similar to the Proton/Neutron Photon relationship.

Can't wait to get my hands on a couple of Plasmas...

I've been loving Plasma Inertia's lately. The grip is better (for me) then Neutron and I think they have a little more glide. The Plasma discs don't seem to retain their stability as long as other plastics though. I'm curious what everyone else thinks about plasma's durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts