• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to chime in and agree with a lot of what's been said here recently about the Inertia. I have a 167g. I can only throw it 300' currently, but on a good day I can do it consistently and with a good bit of control. I have thrown a few other discs that far (mid 160's DX Teebird, lightweight Roadrunner, lightweight Tern) but none of them do it as consistently or as easy as the Inertia.

I also can sidearm it better than any other driver. My sidearm is completely terrible most of the time, yet I'm regularly somehow able to put my Inertia on a low straight 100 - 175 ft line and hit windows that I'd have next to 0% chance of hitting with any other disc. Something about the lack of power it requires lets me pull off a smooth well-aimed shot with it.

I will say though, why excitement over proton Inertia? As much as I love the disc, I don't really see what the big deal here is. Just because it's pretty and has a little extra durability?

P.S. - Dear MVP/Axiom: My well-being depends on you letting me know that a stack of base plastic Envies are in my not too distant future.

Yes, the Inertia is definitely my longest disc right now, and crazy easy to achieve the distance I get. I had trouble dialing it in at first because it's so different from what I normally throw, but it's my go to driver now.

I'm really impressed with MVP/Axiom lately in general. I threw just 4 discs today (Inertia, Volt, Alias, Envy), and would have finished at par on a course I never play, (on vacation in Houston) except for a beautiful throw that set me up for a birdie on the wrong basket. Sigh.

Inertia and Impulse are both great. I really have been enjoying these two discs, I can get a ton of distance but still doubt they'll push my Volt, Shock, and Amp trio.

Room for both speed classes :D

Speaking of the Envy, every single person that checks out my Soft Neutron Envy protos asks, "Where can I buy those? They feel awesome!" I haven't been this amped to see a disc hit production in...well...ever!

Inertia is the first disc I can get around 400' with each throw. My flash or valkyrie couldn't do that. While I'm here though, those of you that have thrown an Axis and an Alias, which is straighter? Like less turn less fade?

Alias is straighter. It has less turn and significantly less fade. You won't get nearly the distance as the Axis will give you, and the Axis will go dead straight with just the slightest hyzerflip.

edit: Also, the Axis has a deeper rim and more glide. I carry the Alias mostly because I think it's better in the wind and I prefer the shallower rim.

Last edited:
Inertia is the first disc I can get around 400' with each throw. My flash or valkyrie couldn't do that. While I'm here though, those of you that have thrown an Axis and an Alias, which is straighter? Like less turn less fade?

Axis has more glide, more D, slightly less fade and just a touch of high speed turn thrown over 300'.

Alias is a bit slower, a little less glide, and a touch more fade. It does better in the wind and the flat profile is super comfy for forehand shots.

I stand by my summation. The Alias feels like it has more fade because it doesn't turn as much before fading back when thrown flat. On Innova's scale, I would call the Alias a 4 4 -.5 1 and the Axis a 5 5 -1 1. I think the flight matrix from inbounds really hits it accurately. www.inboundsdiscgolf.com

I will say though, why excitement over proton Inertia? As much as I love the disc, I don't really see what the big deal here is. Just because it's pretty and has a little extra durability?

Since nobody has chimed in on this yet, the thought is that the proton version will have a slightly different flight path, between that of the neutron versions of the Inertia and Tesla that many people thought was a little too large of a gap.

Also, the Axis has a deeper rim.

Yeah, not sure about this. To me, the Axis feels close to a Buzzz in the hand. The Alias was like half way between the Axis and Envy in feel. Granted, I dumped my Alias pretty quick, because I prefer the Axis by far, so maybe I don't remember so good, but that was my impression.

A max weight E Axis will show very little turn @ 300 ft, at least for me, more like maybe a little drift, until it gets pretty beat up, which takes so long, and happens so slow, there's no real adjustment to the change.

Axis
Diameter: 21.7 cm
Rim Width: 1.3 cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3 cm
Height: 2.1 cm

vs

Alias

Diameter: 21.5 cm
Rim Width: 1.2 cm
Rim Thickness: 1.2 cm
Height: 1.8 cm

Axis is a little "bigger" feeling overall it would appear by a few hairs (literally lol)

Don't get me wrong, I love the Axis, and it's definitely the longest mid I've thrown. It's not uncomfortable in the hand for me by any means, but it does feel thicker/deeper than the Alias and isn't as comfortable or controllable to me. But I have also heard the Axis punishes bad form, so maybe the higher turn I got out of it was from my form more than what others are seeing. The only time I got less turn out of my Axis was when very powered down, or thrown on a slight hyzer.

The biggest differences might be in the bead size and wing designs. Alias is a little more tensor-ish while axis is more similar to the vector and both are not as friendly to a bad release so yes that's definitely possible given the player. The measurement differences are minimal.

Axis
Diameter: 21.7 cm
Rim Width: 1.3 cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3 cm
Height: 2.1 cm

vs

Alias

Diameter: 21.5 cm
Rim Width: 1.2 cm
Rim Thickness: 1.2 cm
Height: 1.8 cm

Axis is a little "bigger" feeling overall it would appear by a few hairs (literally lol)
Sounds like they tested a domey FR Axis!

IIRC all mids so far share the same core. Axis/Vector class simply has more rim, accounting for the extra rim width AND diameter.

Alias is a little more tensor-ish while axis is more similar to the vector and both are not as friendly to a bad release so yes that's definitely possible given the player. The measurement differences are minimal.

Hmmm, my Alias is almost exactly like my Tangent. My Tensor is a good bit more overstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts