• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That's dedication. Only reason I am ip this early is I got called out. How long does it take you to get there?

I am on the west coast, so it's really early. But still, even in Ohio, it's early. Back home now, my bed is calling my name.

Purple is the Orbital, and Red is the Phase. Talk about a big difference. The Orbital has a very unique feel, due to that sloping overmold. Can't wait to throw this later to see how she flies. (That little chunk is the usual MVP molding indentation, it just looks huge in the pic) And the Phase looks uber beefy, likely way too much for my arm. But, I'll give it a valiant effort. :)

Sooooo when exactly are the phase and orbital coming out? I think id rather bag the phase and photon and forehand for the left to right shots.

I thought about getting an Orbital, but my Photon is so understable I don't think I need it. Before anyone cries BS on my Photon being understable, I have a 138 g Fission.

It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped making those flippy photons at sub 140g.

Orbital by design should be better really.

It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped making those flippy photons at sub 140g.

Orbital by design should be better really.

I am loving the 138g Photon for Sky-Annies. It is the first long range driver that I can do this shot with...but after the trouble it got my into yesterday on a 1100 foot hole with a flat throw, that may be the only role it has in my bag.

I'm still laughing, on the inside. And I was laughing the whole time I did field work. Giggling like a dumb little kid at the silliness of the Phase, and Orbital.

It's like Chad and Brad said,

"You guys think we can't do it?"

"Here, watch this."

And thus, the two most extreme discs in MVP's lineup were born.

The Orbital is The One. It is what we noodles have pined for. THE "flippy" disc. I use the term very sparingly, but the Orbital is truly a very understable disc. My first lazy warm-up throw with my 171 Orbital went almost 300 feet. Let me repeat that. I don't throw 300 unless a few things come together. Certainly not cold. And certainly not on a 60% power throw. That's when the laughing started. Impossible anny lines? Yep. Standstill nearly vertical hyzers that still flip to flat and ride forever? You bet. Worm burners because you accidentally didn't put enough hyzer on it? Those too. It takes understable to a whole new level for MVP. The Insanity, Virus, Impulse, Switch...all of those...forget it. They are stable in comparison. I threw a 300' anny standstill high over some trees, and it panned out beautifully, and may have gone 350 if it didn't hit the last tree. It's a ridiculous disc. AND I LOVE IT!!!

The Phase may be one of the most overstable discs in disc golf. We're talking FAF Firebird, H1, super stupid overstable. Only maybe more. So much that I was throwing it on hyzers and they turned to rollers. So much that I COULD NOT throw an anny. I tried to roll it BH on a usual angle and couldn't. On FH anny shots, I had to rip into it and it shaped some insane S curves. There are those of you who love overstable discs. Throw a Phase. Tell me that MVP can't make a super stable disc.

You saw the pics, and the visible difference in the rims is the same as the flight difference. Night and day. Polar opposites. There is a big gap between the stability of the Photon and Phase, and Wave and Orbital. I tested all four, and they are all different, and one could easily bag all of them.

I could go on, but I am so enamored with the craziness of the Orbital. Thank you MVP for giving us this disc. :thmbup::thmbup::D

The Phase...I don't know. I prefer a disc like the Fireball for its workability. I do want to try it for FH rollers though, so it's not an official "no-go" yet.

I felt up a phase at the circuit event, sunday. The local tester was there. Its too soft for what the disc is supposed to do. A super OS discs needs to be firm so it can handle the torque of a power FH shot. Also in my experience softer discs don't skip, and I want a super OS high speed driver to skip like crazy.

Phase and Orbital were part of the 4 high-speed distance class announced in January. The other two from that class (Photon and Wave) are already out. Bags were a surprise though.

I made a horrible video showing some of the Nucleus bag features.

fux it! legit.

I'm still laughing, on the inside. And I was laughing the whole time I did field work. Giggling like a dumb little kid at the silliness of the Phase, and Orbital.

It's like Chad and Brad said,

"You guys think we can't do it?"

"Here, watch this."

And thus, the two most extreme discs in MVP's lineup were born.

The Orbital is The One. It is what we noodles have pined for. THE "flippy" disc. I use the term very sparingly, but the Orbital is truly a very understable disc. My first lazy warm-up throw with my 171 Orbital went almost 300 feet. Let me repeat that. I don't throw 300 unless a few things come together. Certainly not cold. And certainly not on a 60% power throw. That's when the laughing started. Impossible anny lines? Yep. Standstill nearly vertical hyzers that still flip to flat and ride forever? You bet. Worm burners because you accidentally didn't put enough hyzer on it? Those too. It takes understable to a whole new level for MVP. The Insanity, Virus, Impulse, Switch...all of those...forget it. They are stable in comparison. I threw a 300' anny standstill high over some trees, and it panned out beautifully, and may have gone 350 if it didn't hit the last tree. It's a ridiculous disc. AND I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for the review. My 153g Neutron Wave has been flippy and understable for me, so I am really debating whether my money would be better spent getting a higher weight Wave (mid- to upper-160s) or getting a max wt. Orbital. Sounds like the Orbital is even more understable than my flippy Wave; ergo, a higher wt. Wave is in my forecast... I'm looking forward to more Orbital reviews before deciding, though...

Yea I'd be interested in hearing what AIM says about how they roll. That wing doesn't look to me like it would roll predictable lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts