• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I need something between my Relay and Vanish. Somewhere near a beat in Escape in stability IE fairly straight. The only Volt I have thrown was an OS fission of all things. I don't know if that is indicative of them all or I just got an outlier. I am thinking Insanity or Tesla, but have not thrown either so looking for input.

the vanish is pretty understable. and the relay is similar to a leopard. are you asking for something stable/overstable? because of those two you have tried... an impulse or insanity will get you there. a tesla is more like a wraith. and a fission volt that is os? huh.. interesting. the ones i habe thrown were pretty neutral with a bit of fade.

the vanish is pretty understable. and the relay is similar to a leopard. are you asking for something stable/overstable? because of those two you have tried... an impulse or insanity will get you there. a tesla is more like a wraith. and a fission volt that is os? huh.. interesting. the ones i habe thrown were pretty neutral with a bit of fade.

I was looking for something straight to fade or a tad US but in between those two in distance.

Insanity has -2 2 kind of flight when new. Similar to a older pearly champion beast. Mine is a couple years old now and has put in some work. It's still more or less a -2 but has little to no fade on a good flip up shot. But its one of the original run that came out rather gummy in the core, so maybe that is why it hasn't developed more turn...

Question on Volts - I picked up a 173g Neutron volt that is pretty flat and looks/feels like any other volt, flies awesome, like 7/5/-1/2 - I wanted a Blue one to better see in winter but I got a Plasma Volt 174g. Not sure how it looks/feels since it was online. The Question is: Will this fly the same as my neutron?? I really hope so. How to Plasma Volts vs Neutron Volts compare generally? I hope its the same because my white neutron volt has become my favorite driver in the woods. the thing is magic.

I Putt with the Pilot, love it. I threw Proxy's for a while in the understable putter slot. I realized I prefer the Pilot for that shot but it is hard to keep them consistent in the baseline plastic in the northeast with our wooded holes

Have a question about the Anode-seems everyone is sleeping on this mold? Is it as dead straight, no questions asked as the proxy? I gave in and tried the Ion and it has now kicked the envy out of my bag (still holding onto my old friend, but it's not in there for now) and I'm a sucker for similar hand feel. Also, how are plasma anodes? I've got a plasma ion and I'd love to rock them in the same plastic.

It's probably got a touch more fade than the Proxy, but not as HSS as the Envy. The main thing for me is that the grip is very Wizard like, which is a little deeper than I like to throw.

Have a question about the Anode-seems everyone is sleeping on this mold? Is it as dead straight, no questions asked as the proxy? I gave in and tried the Ion and it has now kicked the envy out of my bag (still holding onto my old friend, but it's not in there for now) and I'm a sucker for similar hand feel. Also, how are plasma anodes? I've got a plasma ion and I'd love to rock them in the same plastic.
Ion-Anode-Spin is an excellent setup.

As for the Anode it's weird to watch a disc hyzer for most of its flight and never really fade. It will fade nicely on a hyzer if you don't rip into it, but on a hard rip it's just going straight. Plasma is a great choice for the Anode too.

Just comes down to if you like deep vs shallow and beaded vs no bead or like to carry different molds etc. All the ion core molds are great in every plastic. I hate electron really but it works for that really fun seasoned ion flight. Plasma anode should fly like a proxy with more glide.

I guess the question is what isn't the Ion doing for you and at what range. Proxy is freaky straight all the way through its flight, the Spin is closer to the same characteristics at short range, but the Anode is more like it at longer range. When I throw the Spin on 80' putts I keep wishing it was an Anode for the touch of fade right at the end but I'm an Envy guy. The Anode responds well to go straight on a flat throw, nose down.. The Spin will still fly straight with a little nose up and hyzer.

I bag an ion in proton and a soft proton anode. My ion has a hint of fade at the end, while my anode is laser straight. Im throwing the anode around 230' fwiw, and can get the ion to 260' on a great rip.

My ion has some fade at the end out to about 300. Proxy goes dead straight but it doesn't handle powered down shots as well as I'd like, and I prefer the Ion to the envy... would rather go Ion-anode than Ion-proxy

My ion has some fade at the end out to about 300. Proxy goes dead straight but it doesn't handle powered down shots as well as I'd like, and I prefer the Ion to the envy... would rather go Ion-anode than Ion-proxy

Not to nitpick but, to me, the Proxy's "zero fade" (mine anyway, Soft Prox) makes it one of the best powering down discs there is... Not that an ion-anode wouldn't be a better setup for you, just wondering how it's not powering down well for you and how anode will change that...

Not to nitpick but, to me, the Proxy's "zero fade" (mine anyway, Soft Prox) makes it one of the best powering down discs there is... Not that an ion-anode wouldn't be a better setup for you, just wondering how it's not powering down well for you and how anode will change that...

If you're a low spin/snap player, it can/will drop like a stone. I speak from personal experience...:wall:

Seen some people raving about the easy distance with the newer high speed drivers (Teleport, Mayhem, Relativity, Tenacity). Seems that most of the reviews for the Teleport (stable) and Mayhem (slightly less stable Octane) are relatively consistent and easy to get an idea of how they might fly. But for the Relativity and Tenacity, I've seen reviews and comments all over the board in terms of an expected flight. There are even conflicting reviews in terms of which is the more stable of the two; at the same time, there are reviews that suggest there's a huge difference with one being extremely understable in early portion of flight. Some say Relativity was close to Teleport; others, it's extremely understable. I'm guessing it's primarily related to different abilities of the reviewers? Anyone else throwing those two and able to add clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.