• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want an MVP/Axiom disc to test against that avengerSS, try an Insanity. That class of discs for MVP is really more like 10.5 speed than 11. Insanity is a great workable distance driver for people with your arm speed.

4 months in, I'd think the Relay might be a better option. Little slower and easier to control for someone just starting out and still learning the game.

The Relay is one of the most important discs in my bag. Holds a line, any line, does everything. Worst case it ends up in the bag as a utility fairway later.

I haven't thrown an insanity yet.. But my vote for an Avenger SS clone would be an Orbital might be a touch less stable... but get a Relay.

Last edited:
4 months in, I'd think the Relay might be a better option. Little slower and easier to control for someone just starting out and still learning the game.

And for a speed 6ish mold the relay (like leos etc) are sneaky long* when thrown with a little hyzer. My buddy who doesn't get to play as much these days throws a relay for nearly all his drives and longer upshots. Ive pretty much stopped carrying any other US control drivers and just use the relay or volt for OS/stable. Simple and works.

* assuming one can activate da GYRO of course...... :p

I liked the insanity at first. It just doesnt have that nice subtle fade. It turns some then bites hard. If that is your preference, great. However, I like my understables to have little to no fade. Relay is much better for understable purposes.

I only still have an insanity in my bag cuz I havent lost it yet. I have one or two left on reserve, and once I lose them, I have no intentions on replacing it with more insanity.

Insanity...dumpy fade?...

th

Yes I realize the relay is a great disc, but since he already has an Inspire and I was giving advice on how to fill the 10ish speed slot...

Last edited:
It's much more of a dumpy fade than say either a mongoose or a sidewinder IME... Since they're about the same in terms of high speed stability, it's somewhat noticeable.

Last edited:
Maybe its been too long since I threw a fresh one, I just don't remember mine having that when it was new. But mine is from release day, and is that softer blend of Neutron that these and the wraths had when they were released.

Maybe its been too long since I threw a fresh one, I just don't remember mine having that when it was new. But mine is from release day, and is that softer blend of Neutron that these and the wraths had when they were released.

yeah its speed 10 ish. Im used to the sw (the good old days when they flew like the FRs. Im was a sw purist until innova inconsistency and horrid customer service turned me away from them)

The insanity has a dumpy fade..like uhh aim might have to remind me what it was that I threw of his. The switch? Has turn and then just fades out hard. Not what I would consider a true understable disc.

Better not be electron.

I couldnt be more proud.

If you dont like it Im sure I have something to trade you for it.

What you get?!

No Electron. I think you might have been away, but I've actually tossed some MVP stuff. Last year I believe. Inertia, Motion, Tesla, Resistor, Servo, Relay, Theory, Axis and tried an Electron Ion. I've also thrown a Crave, Inspire and Virus but never owned them.

I ordered a yellow Neutron with the "throwback" stamp. Basically Neutron with a Proton Ion stamp.

No Electron. I think you might have been away, but I've actually tossed some MVP stuff. Last year I believe. Inertia, Motion, Tesla, Resistor, Servo, Relay, Theory, Axis and tried an Electron Ion. I've also thrown a Crave, Inspire and Virus but never owned them.

I ordered a yellow Neutron with the "throwback" stamp. Basically Neutron with a Proton Ion stamp.

if you dont like your volt or ion I will easily trade you something (like a buzz) for em. Also, if you didnt jive with the motion I would be interested in that too. Kinda takes away "is this going to be a waste of money" type feeling when buying/trying a new mold.

Any of those you like? I know youre on a minimalist mold run right now..

When I hear "if they made better mids," it's mind boggling. But you're not the first to say it, and there are a couple gaps in that section, mainly a truly OS mold. The thing about their putters being so darn good is that you rarely need a mid. And the fairways also power down well...I am in love with my Axis, but I often go several rounds without throwing it.
I sometimes go several rounds w/o throwing it, but still the Axis doesn't get left out of a normal bag set up.
Maybe I need to try driving with my Anodes and Ion,...I think I have some sort of mental block when it comes to that because of how they have felt in my hand.
MVP basically makes 2 faster/slower buzzz molds and roc3. The theory/tangent can shape mad shots like 100 other stable beat up/US molds.

Tensor is OS but weird. Matrix is like a beadless roc.
They have something for everyone besides very OS or US.
Beadless Roc? That would be a Shark?
You aren't completely wrong.. The Buzzz is an excellent mold but it can be successfully replaced with a Tangent or an Axis, the one you can't replace is a Comet / Tursas.
I liked the Vector and Axis so much that I bought a Tangent right after release. I hated it and traded it away. It felt awful in my hand and, even though I was not near as sold on the Comet then, and couldn't get near the use out of a Comet (I'd been playing a year or less), I couldn't do with the Tangent what I could do with the Comet (at least partly due to the feel of the disc). I get it that the Tangent may work well for some people, but the experience left me shy of trying other MVP mids, since I already have mids (both MVP and not) that do what I want, so why buy anything else? For me the Comet is (so far) irreplaceable.

if you dont like your volt or ion I will easily trade you something (like a buzz) for em. Also, if you didnt jive with the motion I would be interested in that too. Kinda takes away "is this going to be a waste of money" type feeling when buying/trying a new mold.

Any of those you like? I know youre on a minimalist mold run right now..

Motion is long gone unfortunately. I liked the Resistor better, because it was slower. Again, don't have any of those testers any more.

Wow, gotta say I'm impressed with the Volt. A lot straighter than I was expecting because I'm used to a little more overstability when i toss something brand new, even supposedly flippy stuff.

FH and BH were great. Held a turn longer than expected but fought back hard. A couple of good ace runs with it too. Will be holding on to it for a bit.

Also,

Thinking of trying something understable again to go with the Volt. I'm leaning toward the Relay cause I had one and it flew beautifully. Does the Signal bring anything new to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.