• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the plasma Servo? I like my neutron max weight one, nice and stable. Plasma plastic has the nicest feel, though.
Are the plasma ones as stable? I already carry Switch for tad more understable throws.

I don't know anyone that throws a servo. Most people around here use Crave/Resistor or just a Flash.

...Well I guess tbird used servos for awhile but that was well before these were available thru the circuit this year.

PSA:

If you love Gyro and live in the Portland area, get yourself over to Next Adventure. They are apparently getting out of selling MVP/Axiom, and their entire stock (4 or 5 large bins full) is on sale for 20%-30% off. Premium plastic in the $12-14 range as I recall.

I really wanted to try a Mayhem, but apparently someone else did too. I thumbed through every bin and not a single one (and I know they had some a few weeks ago last time I was there). :\

The only one I have thrown was a sparkle proton. I am guessing it was like a lot of the sparkles and not as OS as the reg P or N. It had a little turn and not much fade. The others I've seen guys using looked to be more OS than mine, anyway. It felt good in the hand but already had a more or less new crave in the bag, so I never really gave it a chance.

Last edited:
It's got a place in the woods if you're good at gauging lateral movement. It definitely has some turn to it but will reliably fade back for me. Like many others, I just felt more comfortable with a different mood with more HSS

How's the plasma Servo? I like my neutron max weight one, nice and stable. Plasma plastic has the nicest feel, though.
Are the plasma ones as stable? I already carry Switch for tad more understable throws.

Gonna order max weight one and as light one as I can find tomorrow.

I played with a fellow Gyronaut today and he let me try out some of the MVP offerings I hadn't seen yet. The Pilot seems pretty cool but Electron Soft just feels like doodoo to me. Seemed like a solid putter though. The Proton Atom crushes. It looked like it had quite a few rounds on it but it had great HSS and decent LSS, just super straight. MVP just kills it with driving putters. Then he had a fairly new Proton Spin that was lighter, like mid 160s. Damn that disc has serious glide. I might have to get a max weight one to see if it's closer to neutral than understable because it was almost Comet-esque.

I also ran into a buddy and traded him a Nano (with a Batman/Superman dye on it, he loves superhero ****) for his seasoned Plasma Volt. First throw with the Volt and I parked the hole with a gimmie Eagle (it should be a par 3 but would've been a nice deuce either way). It's 330' and moderately wooded and I pured the fairway perfectly with a flip to S-curve shot. I can count one hand the number of times a disc flew exactly how I thought it should, credit to MVP consistency and the fanbois on here. Also threw my new N Relay a bunch which was great, I'll brag about it in it's respective thread. :)

Great day for throwing some Gyro.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. If players would just throw MVP they'd see why we're all fans. Now, you might say the same thing about Innova, and Trilogy, and others. And it might be true. I'm not as well versed in other companies' offerings as I am in GYRO. But the boys at Maple Valley make a heck of a lineup. We're gonna see great things from them in 2018, especially as they branch out in the tourney scene, and as the pros they sponsor continue to get exposure.

I get a kick out of the fanboi stuff b/c when I started out, there were only Innova fanbois in my area. If you had a Buzzz, you might as well been a hipster. If you had some Millennium that was okay, almost like Innova-elite. To this day, the Innova-only peeps are still the most irrational fan base. I fondly remember giving one of the first Ions (a flesh colored joint) to a good buddy and Innova/Millennium super fan and watching that fandom melt away in droves as he threw the crap out of that Ion.

Now we've got Trilogy fanbois and MVP fanbois and honestly there are valid reasons for their rabidness. Innova's everywhere and have classic molds so their fans will always be legion. Trilogy makes pretty plastic that tends to glide well. MVP does throw a little bit different than non-overmolded stuff and honestly do tend to be a little more consistent.

There is just so much great plastic out there right now.

I could throw discs in staple slots from almost anyone, MVP, Latitude 64, Innova, you can even almost make an RDG bag now. It's just great.

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. If players would just throw MVP they'd see why we're all fans. Now, you might say the same thing about Innova, and Trilogy, and others. And it might be true. I'm not as well versed in other companies' offerings as I am in GYRO. But the boys at Maple Valley make a heck of a lineup. We're gonna see great things from them in 2018, especially as they branch out in the tourney scene, and as the pros they sponsor continue to get exposure.

I throw both. Like em all. Don't really care. And can throw any good disc. From any manufacturer. Consistently.

After actually throwing some of their molds, I don't necessarily get the "GYRO" but they at least have some solid discs, especially drivers. Inertia, Servo, Relay, Resistor and Motion were great when I was testing them out.

If they had better mids and a better baseline plastic I could make a run at an all GYRO bag, but for some reason Ions didn't gel with the way I putt. They throw fantastically but I couldn't putt them.

When I hear "if they made better mids," it's mind boggling. But you're not the first to say it, and there are a couple gaps in that section, mainly a truly OS mold. The thing about their putters being so darn good is that you rarely need a mid. And the fairways also power down well...I am in love with my Axis, but I often go several rounds without throwing it.

When I hear "if they made better mids," it's mind boggling. But you're not the first to say it, and there are a couple gaps in that section, mainly a truly OS mold.

It is pretty funny.

MVP basically makes 2 faster/slower buzzz molds and roc3. The theory/tangent can shape mad shots like 100 other stable beat up/US molds.

Tensor is OS but weird. Matrix is like a beadless roc.
They have something for everyone besides very OS or US.

I love the theory 4 sure. Needed in these woods.

I have tried lots of their stuff. Some molds last for me, while others don't. I have zero brand loyalty, and that's reflected in my bag(s). As of now, I am only carrying: Wave, Theory and Envy. Could easily carry more, but those have won out in the no loyalty competition so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.