• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im mostly bh, I've never tried throwing it for distance but it works great on 320-350ish holes that need a late and gradual right finish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oh its speed 7? i want 9-10 ish

i throw fast mids so speed 7 really isnt much of a difference from my mids

Electron Volt?...fp.gif

JK...:D though it is a viable option as a stop gap if you lose it and don't have a Fizz that beat up by then...

i reviewed axioms website too

impulse looks like my only chance... thoughtz?

Its worth a shot. I mean, I don't know what your finances are like but if you can afford to buy a disc that you might not ever use, go for it. It does fit the criteria you want but as I am sure you know, its all about how they fly for you...

Could be... But to be fair, I don't really throw too often around here with all MVP bag throwers. There's a few guys, but I haven't played any tourneys with them for awhile...

its more common around me for people to have a ton of discraft some trilogy and one random mvp mold snuck in there

Elm, how many Insanities have you thrown? I ask because, if the Virus is to flippy, I doubt the Impulse will be much better. I've never thrown one, but they are supposed to be fractionally more stable than the Virus. In contrast I found the Insanity to be much like an Inertia with less fade. Maybe a little more HSS than a Sidewinder.

impulse feedback

i NEED it

Probably the closest to a Sidewinder once it has been beat in for a few rounds. Some LSS when fresh and new. If you want less of that LSS when new than go for a Virus. The Virus also is almost an off the shelf roller (not quite as much as the Orbital and needs more aggressive release angle to get it to stand up). I use to bag an Impulse in the early days and then switched to the Virus. Now I just use a Signal for the super US shorter shots and use a beat in Wave for the longer ones. I carry a beat in Inertia for those in-between Sidewinder type shots since that disc is very controllable at different speeds. Impulse and Virus are now out of the bag. I find that that Inertia becomes an Impulse after a few months of play and after a year or so a Virus.

Elm, how many Insanities have you thrown? I ask because, if the Virus is to flippy, I doubt the Impulse will be much better. I've never thrown one, but they are supposed to be fractionally more stable than the Virus. In contrast I found the Insanity to be much like an Inertia with less fade. Maybe a little more HSS than a Sidewinder.

Really? The only Insanity I have thrown had more dump than an Inertia. I did not like it at all.

I use a domey Fission Photon for my US sidewinder like disc. The domey ones get flippy quicker than the flat ones but are still controllable. I also carry the Relay if I need less distance than the Fission Photon

I appreciate the Switch offer but no thank you. It's a swirly light blue no stamp 171.4 - I'll send it to ya for whatever shipping to Canadialand is! Not concerned about a profit or anything in return:thmbup:

Appreciate the offer but I think I will let you share the gyro love with someone else, I've got a 174 Signal and from reading what you all say and personal experience I don't think a another one is going to help... I thought maybe lighter would work better... I'll wait and see if the Vertex fills that slot.

Thanks anyhow man.... Mighty kind of ya

over 15

proton and neutron

the insanity fades WAY too much to be considerable to an old sw

Last edited:
were talking the OLD sw flight. fr and pfn era. minimal turn minimal fade. kinda like a l64 saint, but could actually hold any line (hyzer to anny), and fight moderate wind.

its not just ANY US disc

Wouldn't the Relay work like that for you? I am fortunate enough to have a Sidewinder that flies like you are describing. I got it when I first started playing and knew nothing about disc flights. The closest thing I have to it in mvp is the Relay and my FR VOLT.

Gyro Bag Update

171 N Volt - Stable/OS driver
172 N Relay - stable/US driver

174 N Envy - throwing putter
174 E Envy (firm) - putting putter

*I have a Matrix and Theory also, but wanting to move slowly. Also, does the Vertex feel like the Matrix more than the Theory? If so, would anybody want to trade a Vertex for a new Plasma Theory? :D

really digging the Envy. It's like the Pure and Rhyno had a lil baby

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.