• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
171 N Volt - Stable/OS driver
172 N Relay - stable/US driver

174 N Envy - throwing putter
174 E Envy (firm) - putting putter

*I have a Matrix and Theory also, but wanting to move slowly. Also, does the Vertex feel like the Matrix more than the Theory? If so, would anybody want to trade a Vertex for a new Plasma Theory? :D

really digging the Envy. It's like the Pure and Rhyno had a lil baby

Yea, the Vertex feels a bit more sleek than the Theory. It's a good notch more US though.

Wouldn't the Relay work like that for you? I am fortunate enough to have a Sidewinder that flies like you are describing. I got it when I first started playing and knew nothing about disc flights. The closest thing I have to it in mvp is the Relay and my FR VOLT.

its like a leopard not an old sw

relay is a great disc its just not the slot

its not like a sw you know that

Mine is... Its an original Circuit relay and I gave it alittle sidewalk treatment that day. So it started its career a little beat up. All its really done since then is lose all its fade but doesn't really turn much more than it did that day. Other than it being slower, it really does fly the line you described and its so workable at lower speeds, that I use it for most of my US/neutral midrange type shots.

Last edited:
Mine is... Its an original Circuit relay and I gave it alittle sidewalk treatment that day. So it started its career a little beat up. All its really done since then is lose all its fade but doesn't really turn much more than it did that day. Other than it being slower, it really does fly the line you described and its so workable at lower speeds, that I use it for most of my US/neutral midrange type shots.

its like a champ leopard not a champ fr/pfn sw

I used to have a nice 2x Barry leo(I don't know when that disc was made compared to when they finally stopped using CE, but it sure felt like a CE disc...) that I loved and I lost it right around the time the switch came out. Fumbled thru with the switch and then the inspire for awhile till the Relay...

I used to have a nice 2x Barry leo(I don't know when that disc was made compared to when they finally stopped using CE, but it sure felt like a CE disc...) that I loved and I lost it right around the time the switch came out. Fumbled thru with the switch and then the inspire for awhile till the Relay...

relay is dope im not denying that

were talking the OLD sw flight. fr and pfn era. minimal turn minimal fade. kinda like a l64 saint, but could actually hold any line (hyzer to anny), and fight moderate wind.

its not just ANY US disc

Why not just a Crave of some sort, maybe Plasma? Too slow?

The problem with this whole argument is that Innova discs are highly inconsistent. I won't neglect the fact that MVP has had some issues with certain runs and plastics, but for the vast majority of their discs, they have been consistent from run to run. Trying to find the exact replacement for a highly variable product to begin with is difficult. How a Sidewinder in a certain plastic flies for a certain person is inconsequential. Perhaps MVP/Axiom has too much overlap in the US area that makes a distinction a bit harder, especially in terms of wear and plastic. The Impulse/beat Inertia/beat Insanity/Virus all fall within the range of Sidewinder flights. Now how they are for certain runs of Sidewinders or plastics, that is why you have your arm and discernment. Go out and throw some discs and find out for yourself which is closest.

Yep, should have done vertex...matrix feels really nice in the hand
There's not a big difference in feel between the Theory and Vertex. The Vertex might feel a tad slimmer but both have similar wing shapes. Very much like the Spin as well. I'd give the Theory a shot, it felt slightly odd to me at first but it didn't take long to get used to it. It made the transition to the Vertex easy as I was already accustomed to that style of wing.

There's not a big difference in feel between the Theory and Vertex. The Vertex might feel a tad slimmer but both have similar wing shapes. Very much like the Spin as well. I'd give the Theory a shot, it felt slightly odd to me at first but it didn't take long to get used to it. It made the transition to the Vertex easy as I was already accustomed to that style of wing.

Word, thanks!

So new question: Fireball, Motion or Resistor?

depends how hard/far you want to throw. I haven't thrown the resistor yet, but as far as the fireball vs motion it's as the speed rating says; throw with the same strength the motion will go further and fade harder. it's like firebird vs max.

Word, thanks!

Resistor is money. I can get a Fireball and Motion out further but I feel I can do more things with the Resistor. I have a harder time getting tight flex shots out of the Fireball and Motion. Of the last two, I prefer the Fireball.

Yea it really just depends on how you like your bag setup. If you carry fast OS mids then the resistor is probly a little redundant. But if you're like me and don't carry a lot of mids, then the Resistor is almost a necessity...

For comparisons sake:

Resistor: Whippet/banshee
Motion: FAF FB/max(It kind of falls in between speedwise but not quite as OS as a monster)
Fireball: beefy thunderbird/FL/FD3?

Never actually thrown an FD3 but from what I've seen from the pros its basically a slightly less OS FB right?

The problem with this whole argument is that Innova discs are highly inconsistent. I won't neglect the fact that MVP has had some issues with certain runs and plastics, but for the vast majority of their discs, they have been consistent from run to run. Trying to find the exact replacement for a highly variable product to begin with is difficult. How a Sidewinder in a certain plastic flies for a certain person is inconsequential. Perhaps MVP/Axiom has too much overlap in the US area that makes a distinction a bit harder, especially in terms of wear and plastic. The Impulse/beat Inertia/beat Insanity/Virus all fall within the range of Sidewinder flights. Now how they are for certain runs of Sidewinders or plastics, that is why you have your arm and discernment. Go out and throw some discs and find out for yourself which is closest.

sounds like a brilliant assessment thanks dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts