• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important question: Anyone try any of the new stamped VOLTS? I see the ones with the flight #'s are out now - how to they compare? Are they OS, S, US, Stupid? I've not had the best of luck with volts but when you find one that is stable and handles power they are a great disc - just curious how this run came out

Lol it's believed Queen Charlotte had some Portuguese/African ancestry.
Oh...disappointing...just kinda sorta multi-ethnic, not anything truly scandalous or interesting. I just know there have to be descendants of Aragorn and Arwen out there somewhere, and true royalty will rise to the top, right?

Oh, there ya go! Hey, MVP, Zam, whoever, how about some Middle-earth stamps?

I need a new OS mid like I need a hole in the head but.....

Found a basically new 176g Deflector in a used bin for $10. It's mine now, I'm sure I'll like it.

Important question: Anyone try any of the new stamped VOLTS? I see the ones with the flight #'s are out now - how to they compare? Are they OS, S, US, Stupid? I've not had the best of luck with volts but when you find one that is stable and handles power they are a great disc - just curious how this run came out

I am curious about this as well. The ones I saw at the pro shop at Maple Hill had some shoulder to them more like the first runs. The ones I saw were not board flat. Agree with elmex about the new stamp.

So am I weird if I like me some Innova and MVP and think Megan is pretty hot? Not really much into Trilogy.

I've been trying a 166g Octane for a couple of months. According to inboundsdiscgolf.com it has the same HST as my beloved Vanish (39%). Even into a headwind where the Vanish turns into a Virus I can't get the Octane to turn. Then I played a round with a young Kiwi buck, and he bent that thing just like the chart (wish I was young again; and good). So, that made me decide to try a Catalyst. The Tenacity I have is still a little flippy into the wind and a little too much fade for my taste. In calm and low wind the Vanish has just spoiled me going so straight and far.
So, my question is: If you have thrown the Tenacity and the Catalyst, which would consider the straighter disc? Both HST and LSF
Thanks

I've been trying a 166g Octane for a couple of months. According to inboundsdiscgolf.com it has the same HST as my beloved Vanish (39%). Even into a headwind where the Vanish turns into a Virus I can't get the Octane to turn. Then I played a round with a young Kiwi buck, and he bent that thing just like the chart (wish I was young again; and good). So, that made me decide to try a Catalyst. The Tenacity I have is still a little flippy into the wind and a little too much fade for my taste. In calm and low wind the Vanish has just spoiled me going so straight and far.
So, my question is: If you have thrown the Tenacity and the Catalyst, which would consider the straighter disc? Both HST and LSF
Thanks

bro are you even getting it up to speed

I've been trying a 166g Octane for a couple of months. According to inboundsdiscgolf.com it has the same HST as my beloved Vanish (39%).
Thanks

As to the first part, i can tell you, that is not true. Octane is like a seasoned destro. As to the second, I think the Catalyst is straighter. Will depend on initial velocity though.

bro are you even getting it up to speed?

No. I wish. Whether technique or age, not certain. But my question wasn't so much about distance as it was about side to side movement. The Octane is straight for up to 200 feet and then fades 50 feet to the right (LHBH). I would like a little less fade and a bit more flex like I experience with the Vanish, just a little more wind resistance. I'm content with 270-300 for now.

Wave is likely the next step up, I bagged a Vanish because I'm not quite getting into the right speed for Wave right now, flies at 330'-350' like the Vanish does at 300'.. If you are throwing a 170 vanish maybe get a 174 to complement?

"Vanish is in between stabilities of Orbital and Wave..." I think is what it says on the mvp / axiom page.

I've been tossing a Wave around a bit and I can't quite get it dialed in. It's straight to fade at around 375 BH for me when I try to hyzerflip it, but anhyzers out more than I want it to if I try to throw it flat. It can boom, but I haven't found the sweet spot to get it to go where I want yet. FH it has gone as far you could want 425+ easily, but God knows where it will land.

I've been tossing a Wave around a bit and I can't quite get it dialed in. It's straight to fade at around 375 BH for me when I try to hyzerflip it, but anhyzers out more than I want it to if I try to throw it flat. It can boom, but I haven't found the sweet spot to get it to go where I want yet. FH it has gone as far you could want 425+ easily, but God knows where it will land.

Have you tried a Defy? With your power, you should be able to get it to flip up and bomb but shouldn't have to worry about it rolling over on a clean release.

Though, TBH, that's just a guess based on what others have said about it. Haven't thrown one personally. A Plasma Photon might also be something to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.