• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That driver might be a whole new class for them. Looks sorta Volt-ish from the profile.

Plasma Wave, plasma photon, proton Atom. Ended up being the three we saw earlier

Yeah what MVP REALLLLLLY NEEDS is a putter in premium plastic between the envy and proxy. :|

Pretty much my reaction as well:doh: OK, there was a gap for a premium putter with more LSS and less HSS than the Proxy, but I think there were bigger holes in the line up (mainly Envy OS). Also, no baseline love for Anodes...maybe next year:wall:

From the descriptions of 21.5mm Plasma releases:
"In Plasma the Photon is molded with a spectacularly low-shouldered flat top, aiding its speed potential and excellent wind resistance. The Photon has a manageable overstability for high powered throwers, and for average throwers will be a dead simple headwind bomber."
Sounds like the plasma release offers nothing new in terms of flight path? The Proton Photon comes with a little bit raised shoulder but also higher PLH, which IMO makes it OS enough at full weight. Some dome would have been nice.

"In Plasma the Wave is molded with a nice mild shoulder to promote glide, while its flat top boosts speed and net wind resistance. The Wave sits right up there with near-warp speed drivers but is surprisingly easy to throw for average players. With a solid rip the Wave can perform a range of straight to turnover lines."
After seeing and hearing that Waves are somewhat inconsistent, I hope the Plasma molds up better. But as said before, these neutral/US molds are prone to more variation between runs. Personally, I see no need for this disc because Octanes are sooo nice, but for those finding the 23mm rim uncomfortable this could be a bomber.

After all the bitching, I might still end up getting at least the Atom and Photon:D Sadly the winter up here pretty much keeps me from throwing at least until late April (plenty time to release E Anodes MVP!)

I will probably try these new releases, but mostly this is a let down.

I agree with you. A typical off season release that doesn't really generate any enthusiasm or anything new. While a Proton Atom would be interesting? Is it really going to be much different than that arsenal of plastics and flight patterns with the Envy. I don't find an Atom and Envy to be much different as an approach disc. Not sure people are looking for a Proton Atom for putting. It might be slightly more stable if that is what people are looking for. As for a Plasma Photon and Wave -- they already have had a limited release in last years Circuit Series and have been pretty much available from e-tailers.

There needs to be more focus on the following:

1)OS Speed 3 or 4 disc. They already had a more OS putter with the yet to be named Experimental putter that was one that has never been released. (The blue Experimental ones were what became the Atom). Why haven't we seen this mold? It is somewhat like a shorter Tensor but still more OS than anything else in Electron. It would probably be killer in harder Neutron or Proton.

2) OS 13mm class disc. Essentially a slower Resistor. These 13mm class are essentially faster mids with less glide but can be used for the same shots. The Relay is probably their best disc release since the Envy. Why not expand this line?

3) Electron Anode -- I know they released the Spin that was suppose to fit that gap, but the feel is all off compared to an Anode. Why would they release the Anode in all other plastics beside Electron? I get the idea that you need to stay up in the market and new molds help this, but this really would be a fantastic crossover disc. The Atom is essentially a Pure style disc while the Ion is a close cousin to the Wizard. With deep dish putters more popular (look at the Dagger) why wouldn't they get into the game with one of their first (and really best putters).

Why are there not more electron molds? This seems like an obvious next release.

It seems like their putters are their bread and butter, but only 2 are available in Electron. And 0 mids in Electron?!? and 0 Firm Electron molds at all #C'MonMan

Sounds like the plasma release offers nothing new in terms of flight path? The Proton Photon comes with a little bit raised shoulder but also higher PLH, which IMO makes it OS enough at full weight. Some dome would have been nice.

I bought a circuit stamped Plas Pho at the Circuit I went to. For me it is a bit different from the P/N which the ones I have are more or less identical in flight.

My plasma is "domier" as I see it, but I suppose their description is the same. The shoulder is more rounded. I don't think mine's as flat as the P/N counterparts.

It seems a hair more OS than they are as well. But it could be added lift. I feel like I have to make sure and keep it low/nose down off the tee, because it gets up and nose-up easier.

I don't know how it's going to season up (at least some of the difference I'm seeing is probably due to being newer,) but for now it's different enough that I bag it with a P/N and use it as a slightly beefier disc.

I'll try to post a comparison pic later if I don't forget.

It seems like their putters are their bread and butter, but only 2 are available in Electron. And 0 mids in Electron?!? and 0 Firm Electron molds at all #C'MonMan

They have 3 putters in Electron; Ion, Spin, and Atom.

But yea, at the very least, they should have had the Anode by now.

I like this release, and there's some great discs here. BUT, I was expecting more, considering the tease. I think all of us were hoping for at least something in Electron.

They have 3 putters in Electron; Ion, Spin, and Atom.

I like this release, and there's some great discs here. BUT, I was expecting more, considering the tease. I think all of us were hoping for at least something in Electron.

I forgot about the Spin...

YES!

Also, I know plenty of folks hoping for the envy and proxy as well

It's horrible imo.

Something to do with the molds, correct? They have to remake the molds for electron.

Filmed 18 with the Matrix. Another great round with the new mold.

I had reservations about bagging it over the Vector because in the field it didn't seem as OS at 400'+ full rips, but on the course using it as I would a mid it flies beautifully. Amazing accuracy on 200-350' holes.

Think I hit 3 or 4 baskets today :D

Last edited:
Filmed 18 with the Matrix. Another great round with the new mold.

I had reservations about bagging it over the Vector because in the field it didn't seem as OS at 400'+ full rips, but on the course using it as I would a mid it flies beautifully. Amazing accuracy on 200-350' holes.

Think I hit 3 or 4 baskets today :D

You probably have alot better form than me. But i notiCE alot more stability when matrix is domey. I have one domey and one flat and The flat one drifts alot on flat throw but fades back AT 300ft. While the domey one has all the hss in the world.

It's horrible imo.

Something to do with the molds, correct? They have to remake the molds for electron.

Agreed. Electron is overpriced for its durability. I'd pay the price cheerfully if it didn't warp on the first hard tree hit. I keep an Electron Atom in my bag, but it's limited to clear shots only, and I don't usually throw it unless I think I've got a solid chance to hit chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.