• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my soft opaque proton Ions and was hoping to try out a neutron Ion but I've only found medium stiffness online.

Will the Neutron Ion also be release in soft? If so, when?

I love my soft opaque proton Ions and was hoping to try out a neutron Ion but I've only found medium stiffness online.

Will the Neutron Ion also be release in soft? If so, when?
Soft Neutron putters are something we would like to do but are still under evaluation and is to be determined at a later time.

Thanks cmrichar for the updates and the quality products MVP is turning out. Also, special thanks to this very website for turning me on to other brands besides just Innova/Discraft. :clap:

Recently bought some Anode putters, soft Proton and a soft Eclipse on the way. Very happy with my investments and have definitely helped my putting game. Keep up the good work and listening to the customer base. :thmbup:

this was a release i was really really looking forward to, and the photo models i got feel FANTASTIC. i have the yellow that's featured in the banner ad and site, as well as a black (thanks MVP for hearing me name-drop black putters!). great feel to both of them. hope you testers enjoy, i know y'all share my love for this model.

and i'm particularly pumped to do some stuff to all the blanks we ordered!!

Hey ZAM, what is that you have sprinkled on the disc in the banner ad?

Hey ZAM, what is that you have sprinkled on the disc in the banner ad?
Neutron :)
Those are the raw pellets that make up Neutron. I've used real plastic pellets provided by MVP for the website photos (primarily on each Plastic page). It's pretty cool stuff, as DG memorabilia goes.

Soft Neutron putters are something we would like to do but are still under evaluation and is to be determined at a later time.

I would love to see soft Neutron putters. I think they would come out very grippy. It'd be great for winter.

Neutron :)
Those are the raw pellets that make up Neutron. I've used real plastic pellets provided by MVP for the website photos (primarily on each Plastic page). It's pretty cool stuff, as DG memorabilia goes.

Very cool. Kind of what I thought, but wasn't sure. Nice touch.

I would love to see soft Neutron putters. I think they would come out very grippy. It'd be great for winter.

My question is.. Since Neutron feels exactly like the old Medium plastic, will soft Neutron feel like the 2nd runs? I'm curious to if there is any actual difference between the old Medium Opaques and Neutron.

Neutron Anodes will be in stores next week!

24chyjk.jpg

Next week when?? This does make me angry haha. I will be getting 2 though. Done buying Ions.

My question is.. Since Neutron feels exactly like the old Medium plastic, will soft Neutron feel like the 2nd runs? I'm curious to if there is any actual difference between the old Medium Opaques and Neutron.

Neutron feels much different than the old medium plastic. It feels similar to the storm troopers, but nothing like most old medium Ions. It still feels different than the old storms as well, like it shrinks more out of the mold. It flies different as well.

NEUTRON ANODES TESTED AND APPROVED!

I was pretty shocked to get a package from MVP today...Contents included a 171g Neutron Anode and a 175 pale yellow Neutron Anode.

These discs feel incredible...Similar to the N Ions, but I'm really biased now towards the beadless Anodes. I took them down to the park to throw (where I had to keep my discs away from an Alligator nest with a momma gator on guard). Upon my first few throws I was overcome with OCD thoughts like "I'm completely switching to N Anodes, I don't want to throw anything else". I haven't had an attack quite like this in a while, but the damn things flew that well. I had a S and normal proton Anode for comparison as well as my N Ions. The N Anodes were clearly faster and longer than my others with the same effort. They were also very true in terms of stability. The yellow had a touch of high speed turn before locking online and holding to the ground. The LSS is almost non-existent...To get any fade I had to start the shot with hyzer, even then it flew very straight with a hyzer lean. The pink one seemed to have slightly more LSS, but this may have been because it liked to fly a little higher giving it more chance to fade. The discs cut the wind better than the protons as well. Compared to the N Ions, which are about as fast as my P Anodes, the N Anodes are faster and drop slower at the end of the flight.

These look, feel, and fly great...now I have more older MVP discs to gather dust because these are in the bag.

^what makes them faster? are they even flatter or is it the plastic itself that has less drag?

^what makes them faster? are they even flatter or is it the plastic itself that has less drag?

The plastic must shrink more out of the mold because it just feels thinner (so denser) in the flightplate and all around. It's kind of like how CE plastic shrank more than current champ, so the discs ended up sharper and faster.

after reading what disc speed has stated I am now really excited for a neutron Axis, sounds like all the improvements to speed, grip, and glide would translate even more so to faster discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts