• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually prefer the flight of the Anode for putts. Ions just sit in my hand better I think, making it easier to get a solid grip on them. Also those white Ions I putt with feel a bit more shallow than my other Ions, old or new, and have a mild puddle top. I have to give them a bit more oomph on a longer putt but they just feel perfect in my grip, which is why I think I feel so confident with them. They seem a bit more predictable in the wind, but Anodes never gave me any real issues there...

Drives and approaches I can do everything I need from a putter with either but for putts I'm goin with what feels better in my hand. Too many years of putting with Wizards and Ions I guess :)

zone thread

Yeah, so what ever happened to soft opaque. I saw some soft neutron with a huge neutron stamp somewhere but haven't seen any since. Although I recall they weren't in my preferred ~167 weight range.

Yeah, so what ever happened to soft opaque. I saw some soft neutron with a huge neutron stamp somewhere but haven't seen any since. Although I recall they weren't in my preferred ~167 weight range.

Dynamic Discs had them. I think they were experimental.

Hey Mvp experts. I have traded for this beautiful ion. I want to believe it is a 2nd run, all black no stamp regular ion. Can anyone confirm this?

Attachments

• Ion1.jpg
    Ion1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Ion2.jpg
    Ion2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Ion3.jpg
    Ion3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 31
The amount of free plastic the testers get is about equal to the AM sponsorship deals at other small manufacturers.

And also, it shouldn't matter. That's hilarious.

Neutron Anode:
WCpR3r3l.jpg

F4XpJQZl.jpg

Neutron Volt
uKnvEmll.jpg

b5lCW4zl.jpg

That black Ion appears to be from the first production run, or second production run.

The first production run had mostly translucent colors like yellow, green and peach, but also black. These had textured bottoms, tooling on the bottom, no tooling on the overmold, sometimes had a smaller bead, and typical fly more like a current Anode or a hair more understable. They didn't fly like a current Ion, they had a bit more glide and some high speed turn.

The Ion I threw was from the next run. Ion / MVP / PDGA / GYRO on the overmold, no texture though some from this run were, and a current Ion style flight, e.g. no turn and a good fade.

I tried one of the original peach runs and thought it was alright, but kept my Wizards. I tried a medium textured at some point, think from the opaque current style run, and liked it, but kept Wizards.

Then one day playing that same hole I threw in the vid, in the long 435' position, I asked to try my buddys Ion out I saw in his bag. Put it exactly where that basket is now with a hyzer release that flipped to flat and went dead straight the entire time. It was the same kind I believe you have, with a bit of high speed turn. That shot sold me on them since it was 20' past my Wizard drives, so I bought that blue opaque one and the rest followed...

Anyways where can I buy a soft neutron Ion and what stamps are there? I want to get one to compare to my opaque softs.

Anyways where can I buy a soft neutron Ion and what stamps are there?

I purchased my white no-stamps from Dynamic Discs, I think they are / were the exclusive retailer of soft Neutron. If they're out I still have a fresh one (10/10) dyed in a similar fashion to the ones I just posted.

I want to get one to compare to my opaque softs.

In my experience they're a touch softer and a touch gummier. Fantastic 'handfeel' :D

Thanks a lot. I called them up and talked with someone for a minute about them and he said they can do blank or choose your own stamp. Think I'm grabbing a blank 171 to go against my putting putter and a rainbow 175 to drive with.

Thanks a lot. I called them up and talked with someone for a minute about them and he said they can do blank or choose your own stamp. Think I'm grabbing a blank 171 to go against my putting putter and a rainbow 175 to drive with.

Thanks mike, it sounds like exactly what u are describing. These also do pretty decently in a headwind putt. I love good on them for my various putting styles

Played with a friend who's pretty new today. He wanted to try an Ion and Volt so I loaned him an S proton Ion and Volt I had in my car.

He had used a champ beast as his only driver for a long time, ever since I've thrown with him, and the Volt seemed to fly with more control for him. He also was getting more D than normal, saying on a 365' hole he was 30-40' feet further than typical.

The Ion extended his putting range over his dx rhyno, and seemed to fly with more accuracy too.

It was fun to watch. I know how MVP discs behave for me, and its cool seeing someone new to them throw them their first few times. Both discs looked very intuitive for him.

Neither was one I wanted to part with but watching them click with him, and him losing his chamo beast on a water hole, ended up parting ways with them.

MVP does not currently sponsor any players.

thats very disappointing, i dont think ill be buying any MVP products

Lol, is this real?

I giggled so hard, its like those kids who wear holister and abercrombie because they see models wearing and advertising them, they think its the "cool thing".. they dont care if the product is junk, the models wear it, so it must be the best.

:wall:

haha.. thats okay i guess. the less people throwing MVP, the less competition for first place :)

This is the year i expect to break the 1000 player rating, mostly because of the Ion, Tangent , and Volt. Thanks MVP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.