• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a beadless Ion I think. Something stable-understable that you can hyzerflip right out of the box. There's lots of wooded courses where I'll have a short anny hole that would be perfect for an Ion if didn't want to fade back so much.

I'd like to see a beadless Ion I think. Something stable-understable that you can hyzerflip right out of the box. There's lots of wooded courses where I'll have a short anny hole that would be perfect for an Ion if didn't want to fade back so much.

I would like to 2nd this.

But lighter Axis first before I decide to commit to something else.

wouldnt it keep it in the air longer? not that glide is a necessity when it comes to overstable discs, but it could be a trend setter. give you more of that "L" shaped flight tridents and banshees have (in comparison to FBs/XXXs) with the LSS of the latter. actually, now that im typing this, im kinda getting excited about it lol
For real L-shaped flight you'd need the disc to hold straight for a while and then have a very sharp fade at the end. That is exactly something a more gyroscopic disc wouldn't do. If anything it'd slow down the fade, making it even more gradual and drawn out for a bigger C-curve.

More glide and more gradual fade are pretty much the last things I'm looking for in a utility overstable driver. Could be interesting, but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

For real L-shaped flight you'd need the disc to hold straight for a while and then have a very sharp fade at the end. That is exactly something a more gyroscopic disc wouldn't do. If anything it'd slow down the fade, making it even more gradual and drawn out for a bigger C-curve.

More glide and more gradual fade are pretty much the last things I'm looking for in a utility overstable driver. Could be interesting, but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

But it would be money in the control driver catagory, like the PD and OLF. Something that would increase line holding capability and a reliable fade-forward type of flight.

But it would be money in the control driver catagory, like the PD and OLF. Something that would increase line holding capability and a reliable fade-forward type of flight.
Oh, definitely. I'm really looking forward to MVP's neutral and moderately overstable drivers.

Yep. I am beginning to think about carrying a complementary putter that is easier to throw on a soft anny or a flip-to-straight-and-hold shot. In other words, a putter that will hold its line without fighting back.

Oh, definitely. I'm really looking forward to MVP's neutral and moderately overstable drivers.
Me, too. I want an extra-gyroscopic beat DX Teebird in premium plastic. That might be the best disc ever.

And a 165 Axis. And a pony, as long as I'm asking.

Me, too. I want an extra-gyroscopic beat DX Teebird in premium plastic. That might be the best disc ever.

Yeah, excellent description! Agreed that moderately overstable driver is needed esp that I can throw flat into headwind and not worry about flipping over. The meathook one would be lower priority for me. (Trident/Drone serves the meathook duties for me)

I am wondering how well the overmold syuff will work out on faster discs. I am hoping it works well, but i am kinda worried about it... The proton plastic is durable enough they don't even have to use the overmold

I am wondering how well the overmold syuff will work out on faster discs. I am hoping it works well, but i am kinda worried about it... The proton plastic is durable enough they don't even have to use the overmold
No reason it shouldn't work.

But for some reason I now have a desire to buy a 104g and a max weight DX TeeBird and figure out a way to cut the wing off the light one and the core off the heavy one and super glue the sucker... Would probably be a fun frankendisc if I could do it even somewhat neatly.

But for some reason I now have a desire to buy a 104g and a max weight DX TeeBird and figure out a way to cut the wing off the light one and the core off the heavy one and super glue the sucker... Would probably be a fun frankendisc if I could do it even somewhat neatly.

frankendisc...lmao!

Completely PDGA legal, too.

Actually, this is where it really makes sense. You can make the disc in a smaller diameter (like typical drivers) which makes them faster, yet get the weight right out on the edge, maintaining the spin and giving it nice slower turns and fades....you get the advantage of a larger, heavier disc without making the disc larger or heavier.

Ok, I want one!

This is probably my #1 wish right now (it might even become my main putter) in terms of MVP. My number 2 wish would be something in the faster control driver market like the TD/OLS. I want a stable counterpart too, but I'm more excited to see what the gyro design would do for a pure straight driver.

This is probably my #1 wish right now (it might even become my main putter) in terms of MVP.
Yep yep yep yep yep. Don't make me buy a Pure! I'll do it!

My number 2 wish would be something in the faster control driver market like the TD/OLS. I want a stable counterpart too, but I'm more excited to see what the gyro design would do for a pure straight driver.
MVP has been careful to build their lineup slowly, moving from a putter to an overstable mid and now a stable / understable mid. This progression has allowed MVP to refine and improve their designs at each stage, resulting in some remarkable discs. I think (and I hope) they will continue this careful progression by making stable / neutral fairway drivers as their next disc(s), not some warp-speed driver that only benefits big arms (read: not me :().

Is that enough buttering up? Good, now make some dam' light Axes! :p

interesting post on their facebook this morning.

"The rest will be revealed when the sun goes down..." and they're holding a disc, but covering the rim with a towel.

glowies? :popcorn:

How about some light weight Vectors...say in the 170g-174g range...
How about some light weight Axis'...say in the 169g-175g range...

You're discs are amazing....just need some lighter weights!!! Keep up the great work..

I have a question for people who have been throwing Ions for a while.. How do they beat in? It seems like the proton plastic is pretty high grade, and I have a soft, so it's really nice and flex. So how does it fly after its taken it's hits for a good amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.