• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my soft neutron ion from DD, its gripper than soft proton. flies like the rest of my ions, its in the bag for sure :)

will be good for wet, cold days

Thanks for the review.

I always felt the old soft opaque was grippy/softer than the soft proton.

Has everyone converted to firmer neutron plastic putters? What's the deal we have to support DD to find a plastic I like and $100 for free shipping is more than double what others charge?

C'mon MVP, opaque soft for everyone, please and thanks :thmbup:

Edit: Any other soft neutron reviews?

Last edited:
I would like to see some stiff Neutron putters with a really soft gummy overmold for chain gripping. Stiffness for push putting with the chain gripping skills of a gummy soft putter, yum!

I grabbed one of the soft neutron ions....should've grabbed another one and bagged them both. Because they are awesome. If you like soft putters, I can't advocate this one enough.

For me it feels like a new soft proton ion with better grip and just a touch more consistent.

lol no, i wish. i get the disc the day of release like everyone else.

oh, well in my boredom i did some digging. i though it was weird how lack luster and nondescript you were about hitting an ace in a tourny. i get exciting telling stories of watching aces. what hole, was the disc in your player pack?
i assume you meant 4th annual ice bowl cuz 3rd annual the volt wasnt released.
looks like they didnt mention anyone hitting an ace in the results.:confused:

I'm a big fan of the soft ions, but not so much the regular firm ones. The regular ions don't seem grippy enough.

I've finally settled on my MVP fairway lineup after a whole lot of testing.

172 red Amp--This is my most understable Amp (-3/1) and does the job of my turning fairway driver wonderfully. It also booms in tailwinds.

174 stormtrooper Amp--One step up in stability from my other Amp(-2/1.5) as well as being flatter. This disc reminds me of a good PPD. It has some turn, but overall wants to hyzer flip to straight and stay straight. It can take a good bit more power than my other Amp.

175 red Volt--If I could only carry one of these discs, this would be it. This is my workhorse driver as it flies great on straight shots with a mild finish. It also works S turns on shots at the lower end of it's range. I'd rate it's stability -1/2.

174 pink Shock--This disc is like a seasoned version of a really overstable disc. When underpowered it will act quite overstable (though still holding release angle for the first part of the flight), though when powered it gets good forward push and fades later. It may be the most versatile overstable disc I've used as it is very easy to manipulate with release angle into straightish and S turn shots. It's a good straight disc into the wind.

This is the tightest fairway lineup I've used as the discs flow seamlessly from one to the next yet have subtle and useful differences as well.

Yeah an all MVP bag can happen easily now. My valk, buzzz, and river are the only discs I suspect to stay. Orc will stay as my tomahawk disc but bravo MVP!!

I would like to see some stiff Neutron putters with a really soft gummy overmold for chain gripping. Stiffness for push putting with the chain gripping skills of a gummy soft putter, yum!

This. I want as stiff as legally possible.

oh, well in my boredom i did some digging. i though it was weird how lack luster and nondescript you were about hitting an ace in a tourny. i get exciting telling stories of watching aces. what hole, was the disc in your player pack?
i assume you meant 4th annual ice bowl cuz 3rd annual the volt wasnt released.
looks like they didnt mention anyone hitting an ace in the results.:confused:

yea, w/e ice bowl was this winter.

lol kid, if you dont beleive me contact hoovie (the tournament director) here: http://www.wausaudiscgolf.org/contact.html

i could care less what someone on the internet thinks. :thmbup: A for effort though, keep digging and you will find the truth. ;)

I grabbed one of the soft neutron ions....should've grabbed another one and bagged them both. Because they are awesome. If you like soft putters, I can't advocate this one enough.

For me it feels like a new soft proton ion with better grip and just a touch more consistent.

Absolutely agree, got them in today and they are :thmbup:.

Absolutely agree, got them in today and they are :thmbup:.

I just finished my daily practice putts and used my new soft N-Ion, im sure its just in my head (and also due to the putt 360 i have been doing past few days) but i was nailing 40ft putts more than usual today, over the 50% mark.

Although sometimes i get a bad release due to the soft plastic at any distance, this is why i prefer stiff plastic because i get the exact same feel and grip every time and it doesn't fluxuate as much.

Being that the weather is still chilly and wet on the ground, the soft is working better for me at the moment.

Soft is a special occasion use only for me, but i like it a lot.

I had a the textured bottom run med opaque but tried the smooth bottom soft opaque when they first came out. The softs just melted into the chains and had fewer spit outs than the med. so I've been using softs ever since. I've got some med opaques and neutrons I've practice putted with but they don't make them in my preferred glide for a mile 167 anymore so I haven't tried to change.

To the fellow requesting a gummy outermold, I've never had an issue with them grabbing chains in any conditions. IMO, they grab great on the right side (pro side) and too well on the left (am side) causing spin outs.

Thanks again for the soft neutron reviews, damn Dynamic Disc free shipping minimum monopoly :thmbdown:

i would rather have a river in my bag than the amp.. im not a fan of the amp, i have only thrown the new run once and it was def more under-stable than the stable "freak" first run i had. the river will do more of what you would want an "understable" disc to do anyways.

The Shock (new run) is beefy, you wont be able to turn it at your power level, it might be a good disc for you on windy days or if you need something that fades far left on a hyzer or something, very useful for certain situations, but the volt covers so much middle ground, it doesn't leave much room for other fairway driver slots :)

Thanks man, I actually just got an Opto River 171g last weekend and like it a lot so far. Seems like a faster leopard. When I can get it to hyzer flip it fly's really good! So maybe I'll just get a new run shock for head wind duty. Any particular weight you recommend?

734484_508424759214404_1093732381_n_zps65ca663c.jpg

Volt/Shock/Amp combo is amazing.. Tangent is great too.. Going to drop about $60 on some new discs to redo my bag.. Ugh.. MVP is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.